Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the contents of the letter which Margaret receives.
2. Describe the bookstore. Who were its main customers, and how was most of its income made?
3. Relate a few ways that the bookstore contributed to Margaret's education.
4. Contrast the differences in Margaret's parents.
5. How does Margaret learn that she was a twin? Describe what she is doing and how she makes the discovery.
6. Describe Margaret's reaction to reading Vida Winter's books.
7. Give two details of the scenery Margaret describes on her way to meet Vida Winter.
8. What happens when Margaret arrives at Vida Winter's house for the first time?
9. Describe Judith, the housekeeper.
10. List a few details that are used to describe Margaret's first impression of Vida Winter's house.
11. List a few specific details about Vida Winter's appearance on Margaret's first meeting.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)