|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Middles: Everybody Has a Story, December Days, Sisters, A Diary and a Train, Demolishing the Past, and Hester's Diary II,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change begins to occur in schedule of interviews between Margaret and Winter?
(a) The women meet no longer at regular times; the interviews occur day and night at sporadic times.
(b) Each story telling session becomes shorter.
(c) Now the doctor is always present.
(d) Each story telling session becomes longer.
2. What is Margaret's least favorite month?
3. Who has Margaret arranged to meet at Angelfield this second time?
4. What does Vida Winter give to Margaret as she is leaving?
(a) Hester's diary.
(b) A letter proving that Aurelius is her son.
(c) A book about twins.
(d) A box with an identical spoon to Aurelius' spoon.
5. What is painful to Aurelius about the story he tells to Margaret?
(a) He realizes that Mrs. Love never really loved him.
(b) He realizes he was related to Isabelle and suffers from the same disease.
(c) He realizes that he was abandonned by his parents.
(d) He realizes that he was the cause of a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different (untrue) versions of her life has Ms. Winter told to reporters and interviewers?
2. The following can be said about the bookshop:
3. As a young teen, Emmeline liked to:
4. What does the doctor tell Margaret will heal her from her present illness?
5. After Margaret returns to Winter's house after her second visit to Angelfield, what wakes Margaret in the middle of the night?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)