|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Middles: Everybody Has a Story, December Days, Sisters, A Diary and a Train, Demolishing the Past, and Hester's Diary II,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margaret receives a letter from her solicitor about whom?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. How does Margaret help Vida Winter after the telling of these painful memories?
(a) She sings to her when her physical pain is severe.
(b) She helps her decide to find a new doctor.
(c) She holds her and comforts her in the pain of the memory.
(d) She finds Hester.
3. What does Vida Winter ask of Margaret when Margaret is sick?
(a) To stop trying to figure out the twin language.
(b) To hear Margaret's story.
(c) For Margaret to hurry and finish the book in the next month.
(d) Not to go away for Christmas.
4. When Aurelius takes Margaret to his home, what does he do?
(b) Shows her a map of London.
(c) Reads her poetry.
(d) Tries to kiss her.
5. Why does Margaret use the phonetic alphabet after her night in the garden?
(a) To try to decipher the words spoken by the person she saw in the garden.
(b) To impress Winter with her skill.
(c) To leave a message for the gardener.
(d) She knows that twins have a secret language, and she tries to help the twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Merrily get her name?
2. What does Merrily often do while she is hanging clothes or doing housework?
3. Who does Margaret surmise must have tampered with the ladder's safety latch?
4. What is troubling to Margaret as she visits Angelfield a second time?
5. After Margaret returns to Winter's house after her second visit to Angelfield, what wakes Margaret in the middle of the night?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)