|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Diane head after leaving Pulo Prabang?
(b) South Africa.
2. Why does Fox decide to give a tour of Diane to the Sultan?
(a) To isolate him from the French.
(b) To show what the English have captured from the French.
(c) To impress him.
(d) To scare him.
3. What type of work for the Dutch does Van Buren do?
(d) Queen's physician.
4. How many men short is the crew of a full complement?
5. How does Aubrey find the group of diplomats?
(a) Willing to learn about the ship.
(c) Ignorant but enthusiastic.
(d) Irritating in an ambiguous way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both delegations do after several days of preparation?
2. How did Aubrey and Fox feel towards each other?
3. How is Abdul executed?
4. What type of network does Van Buren have?
5. Who is the Sultan's cup-bearer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin enjoy at the locale where he spends his leave time?
2. What island does Diane approach when the wind dies and she gets caught in a current?
3. How does van Buren assist Maturin?
4. Where does Maturin go on a leave and how did he get there?
5. Who is Van Buren and why does Maturin seek him out in Pulo Prabang?
6. What class do the midshipmen find boring and what do they do about it?
7. What does Fox do to impress the Sultan? How does Aubrey prepare?
8. What surprises the English about the Sultan and their offer and what does Maturin think about the Sultan's behavior?
9. What kind and number of midshipmen does the Diane have and how does Aubrey handle them?
10. Why can't Maturin collect specimens while on leave?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)