|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aubrey hold classes in seamanship and navigation for the midshipmen aboard?
(a) The men begged him for classes.
(b) He takes their education seriously.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He likes to teach.
2. What does Maturin tell Aubrey about the riot?
(a) A suggestion of his was the impetus.
(b) It happens all the time in Pulo Prabang.
(c) He needs to get all the British aboard ship.
(d) He will get an appointment with the vizier to find out what happened.
3. How did the crew feel about Fox?
(a) Liked him.
(b) Put him on a pedestal.
(c) Loved to listen to his stories.
(d) Openly loathed him.
4. What type of demeanor did Fox most exhibit?
(b) Cynical and skeptical.
5. Why would the Sultan not want any French or English bodies found on his land?
(a) It would embarrass him.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) It would cause disease.
(d) It would start a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aubrey and Maturin learn about banks in England?
2. Where is the Buddhist monastery Maturin visits?
3. What subject does Fox avoid and leave his medical visit?
4. What does Fox quote to Maturin one night?
5. How many midshipmen does Diane have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What island does Diane approach when the wind dies and she gets caught in a current?
2. What is Fox's response to his situation and how does that affect Maturin?
3. How does the crew work on the Diane and what does Aubrey do with them?
4. Where does Maturin go on a leave and how did he get there?
5. Who is Van Buren and why does Maturin seek him out in Pulo Prabang?
6. What kind of arrangements does Maturin make in Batavia and why?
7. How does van Buren assist Maturin?
8. What kind of news about the French delegation does Raffles tell Aubrey?
9. What class do the midshipmen find boring and what do they do about it?
10. What does Maturin bring to van Buren's house and what do the two men do?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)