|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Surprise leave England?
(a) Near London.
(b) Near Land's End.
(c) Near Portsmouth.
(d) New Newington.
2. How does the former captain of the Diane feel about Aubrey taking command of his boat?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is indifferent.
3. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
(a) He is running from the law.
(b) He has no naval command of his own.
(c) He wants to make a name for himself.
(d) He is the owner of Surprise.
4. Who is the assistant surgeon on the Surprise?
(a) Thomas Moss.
(b) Joseph Geller.
(c) Stewart Blaginton.
(d) Nathaniel Martin.
5. What type of ship is Nimble?
(a) A merchant ship.
(b) A longboat.
(c) A sloop.
(d) A packet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is included in the existing French delegation to Pulo Prabang?
2. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
3. Who does Maturin see as Surprise closes with the ship in question #32?
4. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
5. What is the head of Pulo Prabang called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maturin's covert job?
2. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
3. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
4. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
5. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
6. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
7. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
8. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
9. How does the captain of the Diane feel about being replaced and on what day does Aubrey take command?
10. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)