|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Padeen transported for his crimes?
(c) Botany Bay.
2. What nickname did the men call Aubrey?
(a) Lucky Jack.
(b) Audacious Aubrey.
(c) Fighting Aubrey.
(d) Iron Jack.
3. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
(a) Across the Black Sea.
(b) Down the west coast of Ireland.
(c) Across the north coast of England.
(d) East of the Iberian Peninsula.
4. What is the second lieutenant's nickname?
(a) Alley Dick.
(b) Moon Luck Richard.
(c) Striped Bass.
(d) Spotted Dick.
5. What is Maturin supposed to do about the leader of the British delegation?
(a) He has no mission surrounding the delegation.
(b) Assist him.
(c) Keep his gout under control.
(d) Assassinate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aubrey and Pullings establish?
2. When does Surprise catch the ship in question #32?
3. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
4. What is Pullings marital status?
5. How much laudanum does Maturin carry aboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maturin's covert job?
2. What does Maturin think about Batavia and what is his hope?
3. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
4. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
5. From where do many of the crew come?
6. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
7. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
8. How does the captain of the Diane feel about being replaced and on what day does Aubrey take command?
9. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
10. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)