|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the Diane leave port?
(a) May 12, 1813.
(b) May 15, 1813.
(c) May 23, 1813.
(d) May 10, 1813.
2. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
3. What kind of experience does the crew on the Surprise have?
(a) They are mostly new sailors.
(b) They are a mixture of new and experienced sailors.
(d) They are average sailors.
4. How does Aubrey feel towards Ledward and Wray?
(a) He has no connection to them.
5. Where is Surprise bound?
(a) South America.
(b) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey do about his new orders?
2. How much laudanum does Maturin carry aboard?
3. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
4. Who reinstates Aubrey?
5. Who is the assistant surgeon on the Surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin think about Batavia and what is his hope?
2. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
3. What is Maturin's covert job?
4. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
5. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
6. What kind of honor does Fox inquire about to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's answer?
7. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
8. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
9. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
10. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)