|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Blyth hold on the Diane?
(d) Captain's stewart.
2. Who does Maturin see as Surprise closes with the ship in question #32?
(a) Bob Pennigton.
(b) Peter Havier.
(c) Matthew Longbread.
(d) Robert Gough.
3. Who is the first lieutenant aboard the Diane?
4. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
(a) Mr. Greaves.
(b) Mr. Hawthorne.
(c) Mr. Thomas.
(d) Mr. Standish.
5. What reference by Maturin at dinner did Aubrey overhear?
(a) To the Fuggers.
(b) A reference about sailing the cape.
(c) To the Queen.
(d) A reference to marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pullings marital status?
2. What country will the Surprise circumvent first?
3. What does Standish decide to do with the situation Sir Joseph has established?
4. What is Maturin's occupation?
5. What is Aubrey's personal new orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
3. What kind of honor does Fox inquire about to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's answer?
4. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
5. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
6. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
7. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
8. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
9. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
10. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)