|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
(d) Good but has made some mistakes.
2. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) Go to the Admirality.
(b) Go aboard Diane and prepare to leave.
(c) Go to a gambling house.
(d) Go see Maturin's brother.
4. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
(c) The Astute Legion.
5. Who is the surgeon aboard the Diane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pullings marital status?
2. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
3. How much laudanum does Maturin carry aboard?
4. Who is the second lieutenant aboard the Diane?
5. Why did Martin take a position on the Surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
2. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
3. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
4. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
5. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
6. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
7. From where do many of the crew come?
8. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
9. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
10. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)