|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Blyth hold on the Diane?
(b) Captain's stewart.
2. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
3. What do Aubrey and Pullings establish?
(a) A new regimen for the crew.
(b) Several rendezvous points and dates.
(c) Two supply depots.
(d) A new relationship.
4. Who is included in the existing French delegation to Pulo Prabang?
(a) Ledward and Wray.
(b) King Joseph.
(c) Marque de Sailles.
(d) Pierre Ducos.
5. From what British government action are the sailors of the Surprise exempt?
(a) Being arrested for murder.
(b) Paying taxes.
(d) Being sent to the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
2. Towards what city does the Surprise sail after completing the trip in question #39?
3. What does Aubrey do about his new orders?
4. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
5. Upon what subject does Maturin and the man in question #33 disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maturin's covert job?
2. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
3. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
4. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
5. What kind of honor does Fox inquire about to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's answer?
6. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
7. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
8. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
9. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
10. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)