|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Surprise going to her destination port when she leaves in Chapter 2?
(a) To interfere in political developments.
(b) To pick up a paying load.
(c) To drop off some high paying passengers.
(d) To pursue a French battle fleet.
2. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
(a) Whether the wine is sour.
(b) A few pence being deducted from his account.
(c) The way the beef is cooked.
(d) How the waiter served them.
3. What piece of land does the Surprise turn around after leaving the North Channel in Chapter 2?
(a) Iberian Peninsula.
(b) Cape Bougote.
(c) Horn of Africa.
(d) Malin Head.
4. Where does Surprise leave England?
(a) Near London.
(b) Near Land's End.
(c) Near Portsmouth.
(d) New Newington.
5. What does Standish decide to do with the situation Sir Joseph has established?
(a) Stay with Pullings.
(b) Go AWOL.
(d) Goes with Maturin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reference by Maturin at dinner did Aubrey overhear?
2. Who is the first lieutenant aboard the Diane?
3. From where do many of the crew come?
4. From what British government action are the sailors of the Surprise exempt?
5. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
2. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
3. What is Maturin's covert job?
4. What kind of honor does Fox inquire about to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's answer?
5. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
6. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
7. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
8. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
9. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
10. From where do many of the crew come?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)