|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin do as Aubrey is being reinstated?
(a) Go see Sir Joseph.
(b) Try to get his banking situation in order.
(c) Visit his wife.
(d) Go to his old medical school to find a book.
2. What does Maturin contemplate doing so Surprise can't catch the ship from question #32?
(a) Induce a temporary illness in the crew.
(b) Throw off the compass with a magnet.
(c) Talk to Aubrey.
(d) Rip a mainsail.
3. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
4. When does Surprise catch the ship in question #32?
(a) Right on the Ireland coast.
(b) In the English channel near France.
(c) A few miles out from the Spanish coast.
(d) It never catches it.
5. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
(a) Good but has made some mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Diane be going to Pulo Prabang?
2. For what position has Martin been educated?
3. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
4. What does Standish ask when Surprise makes her first port?
5. From what British government action are the sailors of the Surprise exempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
2. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
3. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
4. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
5. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
6. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
7. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
8. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
9. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
10. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)