|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
(a) A few pence being deducted from his account.
(b) How the waiter served them.
(c) The way the beef is cooked.
(d) Whether the wine is sour.
2. What do Aubrey and Pullings establish?
(a) A new regimen for the crew.
(b) Two supply depots.
(c) Several rendezvous points and dates.
(d) A new relationship.
3. Upon what subject does Maturin and the man in question #33 disagree?
(a) Whether he should marry Maturin's sister.
(b) Whether medicine is an art or a science.
(c) Whether England has the right to impress sailors.
(d) Polictics concerning Ireland.
4. Who decides to hire Standish as his personal secretary?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) A music lover army officer.
(c) Duke Wellington.
(d) Sir Joseph.
5. What does Aubrey do about his new orders?
(a) Says he needs to talk to Sir Joseph.
(b) He said he'd have to think about it for a couple of days.
(c) Says no.
(d) Accepts them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
2. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
3. What does Maturin contemplate doing so Surprise can't catch the ship from question #32?
4. For what position has Martin been educated?
5. Why was a former loblolly who Maturin knew arrested and transported?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Abjul executed?
2. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
3. What did Diane do on Coronation Day?
4. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
5. Describe, briefly, the Diane.
6. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
7. What does Aubrey attempt to do to undo the catastrophe from question #57?
8. Who is Van Buren and why does Maturin seek him out in Pulo Prabang?
9. What does Maturin enjoy at the locale where he spends his leave time?
10. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)