|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards what city does the Surprise sail after completing the trip in question #39?
2. What does Maturin say when Martin asks him about the laudanum?
(a) He wants to start his habit back up.
(b) He doesn't use it anymore.
(c) He is using huge amounts.
(d) He overestimated its efficacy.
3. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
(a) First lieutenant.
(b) Second mate.
(d) Captain's stewart.
4. What is the conversation mostly about during dinner ashore before the Surprise leaves?
(c) Women and children.
5. In what position does Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) His personal servant.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His chef.
(d) His surgeon assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship do Aubrey and Pullings have?
2. Why is Maturin concerned about the person he spotted on the ship in question #32?
3. In what position will the person in question #16 be on the Surprise?
4. Where was Padeen transported for his crimes?
5. How does Aubrey feel towards Ledward and Wray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of arrangements does Maturin make in Batavia and why?
2. Where does Maturin go on a leave and how did he get there?
3. How does Fox feel about the catastrophe and what does he decide to do about it? What is presumed to be the result of Fox's actions?
4. What does Fox believe and what does he do about the French delegation?
5. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
6. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
7. What kind of daily observations does Aubrey take and why does he take them?
8. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
9. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
10. What island does Diane approach when the wind dies and she gets caught in a current?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)