|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Standish ask when Surprise makes her first port?
(a) To leave the crew.
(b) To go ashore.
(c) To stay on ship and not go ashore.
(d) To see a physician in the town.
2. What does Standish decide to do with the situation Sir Joseph has established?
(a) Go AWOL.
(b) Stay with Pullings.
(c) Goes with Maturin.
3. What kind of musical instrument does Standish play?
(d) French horn.
4. What nickname did the men call Aubrey?
(a) Iron Jack.
(b) Fighting Aubrey.
(c) Lucky Jack.
(d) Audacious Aubrey.
5. How much laudanum does Maturin carry aboard?
(a) Five gallons.
(b) One gallon.
(c) One small bottle.
(d) Ten bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reinstates Aubrey?
2. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
3. From what does Standish suffer as Surprise continues her voyage?
4. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
5. How does Aubrey feel towards Ledward and Wray?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who shows up right before departure to join the crew and in what position?
2. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
3. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
4. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
5. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
6. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
7. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
8. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
9. How is the ship's last addition to the crew handling the voyage and how does Aubrey feel about it?
10. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)