|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first lieutenant aboard the Diane?
2. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
3. For what position has Martin been educated?
4. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
(a) Mr. Hawthorne.
(b) Mr. Thomas.
(c) Mr. Standish.
(d) Mr. Greaves.
5. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
(a) He is running from the law.
(b) He has no naval command of his own.
(c) He wants to make a name for himself.
(d) He is the owner of Surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Standish ask when Surprise makes her first port?
2. What is Maturin supposed to do about the leader of the British delegation?
3. Who decides to hire Standish as his personal secretary?
4. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
5. Why was a former loblolly who Maturin knew arrested and transported?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
2. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
3. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
4. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
5. Who shows up right before departure to join the crew and in what position?
6. How does the captain of the Diane feel about being replaced and on what day does Aubrey take command?
7. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
8. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
9. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
10. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)