|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
(d) The Astute Legion.
2. What kind of musical instrument does Standish play?
(a) French horn.
3. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
(a) His nominal superior.
(b) His contact.
(c) The person Maturin is supposed to assassinate.
(d) He has no relationship to Maturin's second job.
4. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
(a) He is supported by his wife.
(b) He was very wealthy.
(c) He had typical resources for a naval captain.
5. What piece of land does the Surprise turn around after leaving the North Channel in Chapter 2?
(a) Malin Head.
(b) Horn of Africa.
(c) Cape Bougote.
(d) Iberian Peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
2. What relationship do Aubrey and Pullings have?
3. Where does Surprise leave England?
4. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
5. Upon what subject does Maturin and the man in question #33 disagree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the captain of the Diane feel about being replaced and on what day does Aubrey take command?
2. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
3. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
4. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
5. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
6. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
7. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
8. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
10. What is Maturin's covert job?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)