|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward Fox ask Aubrey about in Chapter 4?
(a) Whether Aubrey has ever transported a delegation.
(b) How long it will take to be ready to leave.
(c) Naval honors an envoy might expect.
(d) If the ship Diane is a good vessel.
2. How much seniority did Aubrey lose?
(a) Fourteen weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
3. Where is Surprise bound?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) South America.
4. What does Maturin contemplate doing so Surprise can't catch the ship from question #32?
(a) Rip a mainsail.
(b) Talk to Aubrey.
(c) Throw off the compass with a magnet.
(d) Induce a temporary illness in the crew.
5. In what position will the person in question #16 be on the Surprise?
(a) First mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padeen commit crimes?
2. When does Surprise catch the ship in question #32?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after Maturin enlists Ahmed?
4. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
5. What kind of experience does the crew on the Surprise have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
2. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
3. Who shows up right before departure to join the crew and in what position?
4. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
5. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
6. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
7. From where do many of the crew come?
8. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
9. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
10. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)