|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Aubrey after reinstatement?
(b) Rear captain.
(c) Post captain.
2. In what does Maturin instruct Standish as the ship enters the first port?
(a) Maritime processes.
(b) How to cure gout.
(c) How to quit drinking.
(d) How to avoid seasickness.
3. What type of ship is Nimble?
(a) A sloop.
(b) A packet.
(c) A merchant ship.
(d) A longboat.
4. What do Aubrey and Pullings establish?
(a) Several rendezvous points and dates.
(b) Two supply depots.
(c) A new relationship.
(d) A new regimen for the crew.
5. Why will Diane be going to Pulo Prabang?
(a) To assault Pulo Prabang.
(b) To capture a large French fleet.
(c) To negotiate a treaty.
(d) To join a blockade of Africa's southern coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reference by Maturin at dinner did Aubrey overhear?
2. Upon what subject does Maturin and the man in question #33 disagree?
3. What kind of trip did Sir Joseph have to meet the Surprise?
4. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
5. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after Maturin enlists Ahmed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the ship's last addition to the crew handling the voyage and how does Aubrey feel about it?
2. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
3. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
4. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
5. What is the crew of the Surprise like?
6. What does Maturin think about doing about the ship they saw and what does he decide?
7. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
8. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
9. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
10. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)