|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
(a) Down the west coast of Ireland.
(b) Across the Black Sea.
(c) Across the north coast of England.
(d) East of the Iberian Peninsula.
2. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
(a) He has no relationship to Maturin's second job.
(b) The person Maturin is supposed to assassinate.
(c) His nominal superior.
(d) His contact.
3. How does Aubrey feel towards Ledward and Wray?
(c) He has no connection to them.
4. Who is the first lieutenant aboard the Diane?
5. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) Go see Maturin's brother.
(b) Go to the Admirality.
(c) Go aboard Diane and prepare to leave.
(d) Go to a gambling house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maturin do as Aubrey is being reinstated?
2. What kind of musical instrument does Standish play?
3. Who decides to hire Standish as his personal secretary?
4. What country will the Surprise circumvent first?
5. Who will lead the British delegation to Pulo Prabang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin think about as they sail along the coast of Ireland?
2. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
3. What kind of honor does Fox inquire about to Aubrey and what is Aubrey's answer?
4. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
5. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
6. Who shows up right before departure to join the crew and in what position?
7. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
8. What does Maturin think about Batavia and what is his hope?
9. How is the ship's last addition to the crew handling the voyage and how does Aubrey feel about it?
10. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)