|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
(a) Start buying supplies.
(b) Go get drunk.
(c) Go see their wives.
(d) Go see the admirality.
2. What rank is Aubrey after reinstatement?
(a) Rear captain.
(c) Post captain.
3. What country will the Surprise circumvent first?
4. In what position does Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His surgeon assistant.
(c) His chef.
(d) His personal servant.
5. What nickname did the men call Aubrey?
(a) Audacious Aubrey.
(b) Lucky Jack.
(c) Fighting Aubrey.
(d) Iron Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Aubrey and his group get to Corunna?
2. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
3. Who is the surgeon aboard the Diane?
4. What document gives Aubrey the authority to command Surprise?
5. What does Maturin say when Martin asks him about the laudanum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
2. What kind of journey did Sir Joseph have from Corunna and why has he come to Lisbon?
3. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
4. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
5. What does Surprise do after they finish with the ship they saw?
6. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
7. What is Maturin's covert job?
8. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
9. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
10. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)