|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reinstates Aubrey?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Sir Joseph.
(c) Lord Melville.
(d) Duke Wellington.
2. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
3. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) No one.
(c) British intelligence.
(d) The French.
4. What is the conversation mostly about during dinner ashore before the Surprise leaves?
(b) Women and children.
5. In what position does Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His surgeon assistant.
(c) His personal servant.
(d) His chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Surprise leave England?
2. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
4. How much seniority did Aubrey lose?
5. What nickname did the men call Aubrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Maturin think about Batavia and what is his hope?
3. From where do many of the crew come?
4. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
5. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
6. How does the captain of the Diane feel about being replaced and on what day does Aubrey take command?
7. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
8. What will complicate Aubrey's new mission?
9. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
10. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)