|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Surprise leave England?
(a) New Newington.
(b) Near Land's End.
(c) Near London.
(d) Near Portsmouth.
2. Why did Padeen commit crimes?
(a) He was bored.
(b) To pay for his son's education.
(c) To send money to his mother.
(d) To support his opium habit.
3. Who is the surgeon aboard the Diane?
4. What does Maturin think about in relation to Batavia?
(a) Whether the women are all married.
(b) How many friends he has there.
(c) The native people.
(d) The natural splendors.
5. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
(a) His nominal superior.
(b) His contact.
(c) The person Maturin is supposed to assassinate.
(d) He has no relationship to Maturin's second job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of ship is Nimble?
2. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
3. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
4. Why was a former loblolly who Maturin knew arrested and transported?
5. Who will be the new captain of the Surprise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maturin think about in relation to Padeen?
2. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
3. Why can't Maturin collect specimens while on leave?
4. Who shows up right before departure to join the crew and in what position?
5. What is Fox's response to an invitation from Aubrey to a dinner and what does Aubrey do about it?
6. What does Fox think about Diane's Coronation Day observance and how is he viewed afterward?
7. What does Standish ask for at Lisbon and how does Aubrey respond?
8. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
9. What kind of arrangements does Maturin make in Batavia and why?
10. What is Fox's response to his situation and how does that affect Maturin?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)