|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reference by Maturin at dinner did Aubrey overhear?
(a) To the Queen.
(b) A reference to marriage.
(c) To the Fuggers.
(d) A reference about sailing the cape.
2. What country will the Surprise circumvent first?
3. Where was Padeen transported for his crimes?
(b) Botany Bay.
4. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) Go to the Admirality.
(b) Go see Maturin's brother.
(c) Go to a gambling house.
(d) Go aboard Diane and prepare to leave.
5. What kind of trip did Sir Joseph have to meet the Surprise?
(a) He had a leisurely overland journey.
(b) A pleasant ocean voyage.
(c) Hellish overland journey.
(d) He was already there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the assistant surgeon on the Surprise?
2. Who reinstates Aubrey?
3. What is the second lieutenant's nickname?
4. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
5. After Surprise completes its turn around the land in question #38 where does it sail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
2. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
3. What happens to the Surprise with Aubrey's new orders and what do Pullings and Aubrey arrange?
4. Who reinstates Aubrey and under what conditions?
5. From where do many of the crew come?
6. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
7. Who does Maturin see on the ship and what does he think about it?
8. What happens to Standish on the journey to Corunna?
9. What ship does Surprise see shortly after leaving England and what does Aubrey do?
10. What new orders are Aubrey given in Lisbon?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)