|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much laudanum does Maturin carry aboard?
(a) Ten bottles.
(b) One small bottle.
(c) One gallon.
(d) Five gallons.
2. What is Pullings marital status?
3. How much seniority did Aubrey lose?
(a) Fourteen weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
4. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
(a) Mr. Hawthorne.
(b) Mr. Standish.
(c) Mr. Thomas.
(d) Mr. Greaves.
5. What is the head of Pulo Prabang called?
(a) A sultan.
(b) A king.
(c) A chief.
(d) A captain.
6. What does Aubrey do about his new orders?
(a) He said he'd have to think about it for a couple of days.
(b) Says he needs to talk to Sir Joseph.
(c) Accepts them.
(d) Says no.
7. What does Standish ask when Surprise makes her first port?
(a) To stay on ship and not go ashore.
(b) To see a physician in the town.
(c) To go ashore.
(d) To leave the crew.
8. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
(a) Start buying supplies.
(b) Go see the admirality.
(c) Go see their wives.
(d) Go get drunk.
9. What country will the Surprise circumvent first?
10. What does Maturin think about in relation to Batavia?
(a) How many friends he has there.
(b) Whether the women are all married.
(c) The native people.
(d) The natural splendors.
11. What position does Blyth hold on the Diane?
(d) Captain's stewart.
12. What is Maturin's occupation?
(c) Ship captain.
13. How does Aubrey respond to Standish's request from question #44?
(a) Denies his request.
(b) Tells him he has to stay on the ship until the next port.
(c) Grants his request.
(d) Tells him he will think about it.
14. What does Maturin say when Martin asks him about the laudanum?
(a) He is using huge amounts.
(b) He overestimated its efficacy.
(c) He doesn't use it anymore.
(d) He wants to start his habit back up.
15. Why did Padeen commit crimes?
(a) To support his opium habit.
(b) He was bored.
(c) To send money to his mother.
(d) To pay for his son's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is included in the existing French delegation to Pulo Prabang?
2. Who decides to hire Standish as his personal secretary?
3. What do Aubrey and Pullings establish?
4. Where is Surprise bound?
5. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)