|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second lieutenant aboard the Diane?
2. How much seniority did Aubrey lose?
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Fourteen weeks.
3. Who decides to hire Standish as his personal secretary?
(a) Sir Joseph.
(b) The Prince of Orange.
(c) A music lover army officer.
(d) Duke Wellington.
4. Who is included in the existing French delegation to Pulo Prabang?
(a) Ledward and Wray.
(b) Pierre Ducos.
(c) Marque de Sailles.
(d) King Joseph.
5. For what position has Martin been educated?
6. What position does Blyth hold on the Diane?
(a) Captain's stewart.
7. What does Maturin think about in relation to Batavia?
(a) The natural splendors.
(b) How many friends he has there.
(c) Whether the women are all married.
(d) The native people.
8. What is the conversation mostly about during dinner ashore before the Surprise leaves?
(d) Women and children.
9. What does Standish ask when Surprise makes her first port?
(a) To stay on ship and not go ashore.
(b) To see a physician in the town.
(c) To go ashore.
(d) To leave the crew.
10. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
(a) Go get drunk.
(b) Go see their wives.
(c) Go see the admirality.
(d) Start buying supplies.
11. From what does Standish suffer as Surprise continues her voyage?
12. In what position does Maturin enlists Ahmed?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His chef.
(c) His personal servant.
(d) His surgeon assistant.
13. Why was a former loblolly who Maturin knew arrested and transported?
(a) For burning a ship.
(b) For stealing laudanum.
(c) For attacking the captain.
(d) For attacking Maturin.
14. How does the former captain of the Diane feel about Aubrey taking command of his boat?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is indifferent.
15. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
(a) Reinstatement in the royal navy.
(b) Making money.
(c) Staying away from England.
(d) Killing French sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards what city does the Surprise sail after completing the trip in question #39?
2. On what date does the Diane leave port?
3. What kind of trip did Sir Joseph have to meet the Surprise?
4. What kind of musical instrument does Standish play?
5. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)