Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What ship is Aubrey in command of at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is the Surprise's first lieutenant and what is his qualification?
3. Why is the man in question #2 on the Surprise?
4. What is Aubrey and Pullings' relationship and how are they similar?
5. Who owns the Surprise and what kind of work does the owner do?
6. Who is Maturin's assistant, why is he on the Surprise and how are he and Maturin similar?
This section contains 866 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)