Short Answer Key
1. What document gives Aubrey the authority to command Surprise?
A letter of marque.
2. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
3. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
He has no naval command of his own.
4. What is Pullings marital status?
5. What relationship do Aubrey and Pullings have?
6. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
7. What is Maturin's occupation?
8. What is Maturin and Aubrey's relationship?
9. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
10. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
11. Who is the assistant surgeon on the Surprise?
12. Why did Martin take a position on the Surprise?
To support his new wife.
13. What kind of experience does the crew on the Surprise have?
This section contains 2,141 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)