|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Buddhist monastery Maturin visits?
2. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
(a) He had typical resources for a naval captain.
(b) He is supported by his wife.
(c) He was very wealthy.
3. Why does Maturin bring the bodies in question #149 to Van Buren?
(a) To show him the effects of peppering.
(b) To bury them.
(c) To look at a possible new disease.
(d) To dissect them.
4. What does Dumesnil tell Aubrey about the Cornelie?
(a) It is careened and needs repairs.
(b) It has been seized by the Sultan.
(c) It is faster than the Diane.
(d) It is there for smuggling against the Sultan.
5. What type of port, politically, is Pulo Prabang?
(a) Neutral but loosely associated with Egypt.
(b) Aligned with South America.
(c) Aligned with Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Standish decide to do with the situation Sir Joseph has established?
2. Why did Fox see much of Maturin?
3. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
4. How is Abdul executed?
5. What does Aubrey order everyone on the ship to do?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)