|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document gives Aubrey the authority to command Surprise?
(a) Orders from the Queen.
(b) A letter of Merchant Marines.
(c) A set of royal orders.
(d) A letter of marque.
2. What does Maturin see the cup-bearer doing during the dinner?
(a) Looking at Ledward knowingly.
(b) Slipping Wray quick touches.
(c) Watching Aubrey.
(d) Staring at Fox.
3. In what position will the person in question #16 be on the Surprise?
(a) First mate.
4. How does Aubrey feel about Fox's response to his invitation?
5. How does Aubrey find the group of diplomats?
(b) Irritating in an ambiguous way.
(c) Willing to learn about the ship.
(d) Ignorant but enthusiastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maturin find the youngest midshipmen and in what condition?
2. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin learn about banks in England?
4. What happens to the Diane ultimately?
5. How does Aubrey feel about Standish's problem?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)