|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Maturin instruct Standish as the ship enters the first port?
(a) Maritime processes.
(b) How to avoid seasickness.
(c) How to cure gout.
(d) How to quit drinking.
2. Who is the second lieutenant aboard the Diane?
3. Who is the Sultan's cup-bearer?
4. What charts does Aubrey hope to improve?
(a) Those drawn up by the East Indies Trade Company.
(b) Those produced by Alexander von Humboldt.
(c) Those he obtained from the Hudson Bay Company.
(d) Those given to him by the Admirality.
5. What kind of response does Diane have to sailing?
(b) About ordinary.
(d) Extremely fast and responsive but rides too low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the delegation find out about the French at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
3. Why would the Sultan not want any French or English bodies found on his land?
4. What does Maturin see as the reason for the Sultan's hesitancy towards the English?
5. What offer to the French has the Sultan officially rejected?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)