|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin see as the reason for the Sultan's hesitancy towards the English?
(a) The Sultan's wife is sleeping with Wray.
(b) Ledward's influence over the cup-bearer.
(c) The Sultan is interested in one of the French delegation members.
(d) The Sultan's wife despises Fox.
2. What kind of sanctuary does Maturin know about at Kumai?
(a) A Catholic one.
(b) A Hindu one.
(c) A Buddhist one.
(d) A bird sanctuary.
3. What kind of response does Diane have to sailing?
(a) Extremely fast and responsive but rides too low.
(c) About ordinary.
4. What piece of land does the Surprise turn around after leaving the North Channel in Chapter 2?
(a) Horn of Africa.
(b) Cape Bougote.
(c) Malin Head.
(d) Iberian Peninsula.
5. Who is the Sultan's cup-bearer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both delegations do after several days of preparation?
2. What do Aubrey and Maturin learn about banks in England?
3. Who is the second lieutenant aboard the Diane?
4. What does Edward Fox ask Aubrey about in Chapter 4?
5. On what date does the Diane leave port?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)