|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
(a) No one.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) British intelligence.
2. Why is Maturin concerned about the person he spotted on the ship in question #32?
(a) He thinks that person will be executed.
(b) It is his brother.
(c) The man is known for sinking ships.
(d) The man is actually a spy for England.
3. From where do many of the crew come?
4. Who will be the new captain of the Surprise?
(a) Tom Pullings.
(b) Paul Rowlings.
(c) Jack Stevens.
(d) Chester Bylingham.
5. What piece of land does the Surprise turn around after leaving the North Channel in Chapter 2?
(a) Horn of Africa.
(b) Iberian Peninsula.
(c) Malin Head.
(d) Cape Bougote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Surprise bound?
2. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
3. What does Maturin say when Martin asks him about the laudanum?
4. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
5. Who is the surgeon aboard the Diane?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)