|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward Fox ask Aubrey about in Chapter 4?
(a) How long it will take to be ready to leave.
(b) Naval honors an envoy might expect.
(c) If the ship Diane is a good vessel.
(d) Whether Aubrey has ever transported a delegation.
2. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
3. In what does Maturin instruct Standish as the ship enters the first port?
(a) How to cure gout.
(b) How to avoid seasickness.
(c) Maritime processes.
(d) How to quit drinking.
4. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
(a) Captain's stewart.
(b) First lieutenant.
(d) Second mate.
5. When does Surprise catch the ship in question #32?
(a) In the English channel near France.
(b) Right on the Ireland coast.
(c) A few miles out from the Spanish coast.
(d) It never catches it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reinstates Aubrey?
2. Of what ingredient is laudanum primarily composed?
3. How does Aubrey feel about Standish's problem?
4. What is Maturin's occupation?
5. What is the head of Pulo Prabang called?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)