|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Maturin quibble at the dinner?
(a) The way the beef is cooked.
(b) Whether the wine is sour.
(c) How the waiter served them.
(d) A few pence being deducted from his account.
2. What kind of orders does Sir Joseph have for the Surprise?
(a) To go to France and harass French shipping.
(b) To not go to South America.
(c) To return to England.
(d) To leave for Boston immediately.
3. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
(a) Killing French sailors.
(b) Making money.
(c) Staying away from England.
(d) Reinstatement in the royal navy.
4. What is the head of Pulo Prabang called?
(a) A chief.
(b) A king.
(c) A sultan.
(d) A captain.
5. Who does Maturin see as Surprise closes with the ship in question #32?
(a) Peter Havier.
(b) Matthew Longbread.
(c) Bob Pennigton.
(d) Robert Gough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
2. Why is Maturin concerned about the person he spotted on the ship in question #32?
3. Who is Sir Joseph Blaine in relationship to Maturin's covert job?
4. When does Surprise catch the ship in question #32?
5. Why will Diane be going to Pulo Prabang?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)