|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is included in the existing French delegation to Pulo Prabang?
(a) Marque de Sailles.
(b) Ledward and Wray.
(c) Pierre Ducos.
(d) King Joseph.
2. Why was a former loblolly who Maturin knew arrested and transported?
(a) For attacking the captain.
(b) For stealing laudanum.
(c) For burning a ship.
(d) For attacking Maturin.
3. What does Maturin contemplate doing so Surprise can't catch the ship from question #32?
(a) Talk to Aubrey.
(b) Throw off the compass with a magnet.
(c) Induce a temporary illness in the crew.
(d) Rip a mainsail.
4. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
(a) He was very wealthy.
(c) He is supported by his wife.
(d) He had typical resources for a naval captain.
5. Who is the assistant surgeon on the Surprise?
(a) Nathaniel Martin.
(b) Stewart Blaginton.
(c) Thomas Moss.
(d) Joseph Geller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what subject does Maturin and the man in question #33 disagree?
2. What is the conversation mostly about during dinner ashore before the Surprise leaves?
3. Maturin thinks about his earlier life living in a country in Chapter 2. What is that country?
4. In what does Maturin instruct Standish as the ship enters the first port?
5. What kind of experience does the crew on the Surprise have?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)