|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the surgeon aboard the Diane?
2. What does Maturin do as Aubrey is being reinstated?
(a) Visit his wife.
(b) Go see Sir Joseph.
(c) Go to his old medical school to find a book.
(d) Try to get his banking situation in order.
3. On what date does the Diane leave port?
(a) May 23, 1813.
(b) May 12, 1813.
(c) May 10, 1813.
(d) May 15, 1813.
4. What does Fox quote to Maturin one night?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The lines of the treaty.
(c) A line of poetry.
(d) Ship's regulations.
5. What kind of experience does the crew on the Surprise have?
(a) They are average sailors.
(b) They are mostly new sailors.
(d) They are a mixture of new and experienced sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
2. Why does Aubrey hold classes in seamanship and navigation for the midshipmen aboard?
3. How does the former captain of the Diane feel about Aubrey taking command of his boat?
4. What French warship is in the Pulo Prabang port?
5. What does Aubrey do about his new orders?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)