|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aubrey respond to Standish's request from question #44?
(a) Tells him he will think about it.
(b) Denies his request.
(c) Grants his request.
(d) Tells him he has to stay on the ship until the next port.
2. What is Aubrey's primary goal in captaining the Surprise?
(a) Staying away from England.
(b) Making money.
(c) Reinstatement in the royal navy.
(d) Killing French sailors.
3. What rank is Aubrey after reinstatement?
(b) Post captain.
(d) Rear captain.
4. In what state was Aubrey's finances when the Surprise was purchased by the owner?
(a) He had typical resources for a naval captain.
(b) He was very wealthy.
(d) He is supported by his wife.
5. What do Aubrey and Maturin do after meeting with Fox?
(a) Go see the admirality.
(b) Go get drunk.
(c) Start buying supplies.
(d) Go see their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where do many of the crew come?
2. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
3. What does Fox quote to Maturin one night?
4. Who arrives close to departure of the Surprise to go with them?
5. From what does Standish suffer as Surprise continues her voyage?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)