1. What document gives Aubrey the authority to command Surprise?
(a) A letter of Merchant Marines.
(b) Orders from the Queen.
(c) A set of royal orders.
(d) A letter of marque.
2. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
(b) First lieutenant.
(c) Captain's stewart.
(d) Second mate.
3. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
(a) He is running from the law.
(b) He wants to make a name for himself.
(c) He has no naval command of his own.
(d) He is the owner of Surprise.
4. What is Pullings marital status?
5. What relationship do Aubrey and Pullings have?
6. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
(a) Good but has made some mistakes.
7. What is Maturin's occupation?
(a) Ship captain.
8. What is Maturin and Aubrey's relationship?
(c) Close friends.
9. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
(a) British intelligence.
(b) The French.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) No one.
This section contains 4,248 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)