1. What document gives Aubrey the authority to command Surprise?
(a) Orders from the Queen.
(b) A letter of Merchant Marines.
(c) A letter of marque.
(d) A set of royal orders.
2. What position does Tom Pullings hold on the Surprise?
(a) First lieutenant.
(b) Captain's stewart.
(d) Second mate.
3. Why is Pullings on the Surprise?
(a) He has no naval command of his own.
(b) He wants to make a name for himself.
(c) He is the owner of Surprise.
(d) He is running from the law.
4. What is Pullings marital status?
5. What relationship do Aubrey and Pullings have?
6. What kind of sailor is Pullings?
(c) Good but has made some mistakes.
7. What is Maturin's occupation?
(c) Ship captain.
8. What is Maturin and Aubrey's relationship?
(a) Close friends.
9. For whom does Maturin work covertly?
(a) British intelligence.
(b) No one.
(c) The French.
(d) The Spanish.
This section contains 4,248 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)