Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
Essay Topic 1
Replace the book's setting with one of the following settings:
What new meaning would the new setting give the book? How important is setting for developing meaning in a story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of O'Brien's previous books and contrast it with the Third Policeman in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What is Mathers' role in the novel? How would think the novel would change if Mathers did not reappear after his death?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)