Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
Examine the construction of O'Brien's argument.
1. How does he introduce his ideas?
2. How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3. What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in O'Brien's argument?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
What is Mathers' role in the novel? How would think the novel would change if Mathers did not reappear after his death?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)