|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
2. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
3. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
4. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
5. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote THE THIRD POLICEMAN in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)