Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does O'Brien end the play with the narrator waiting for Divney? Could have ended the novel another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)