|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
2. What does MacCruiskeen say he is going to paint his bicycle?
3. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
4. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
5. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does O'Brien use so few settings? How does O'Brien create a world away from the few settings he uses? What colors and objects does O'Brien use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
Essay Topic 3
What does Pluck's obsession with bicycles say about his character? How does Pluck obsession with bicycles relate to the novel's themes?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)