|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
2. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
3. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
4. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
5. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
2. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
3. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
4. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
5. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
6. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
7. Why does the narrator think the police cannot hang him?
8. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
9. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
10. Summarize the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)