|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the narrator's generation face? How are the problems for the narrator's generation different from the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the book? How does O'Brien develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)