|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen say he is going to paint his bicycle?
2. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
3. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
4. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
5. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
Essay Topic 1
What is the novel's premise? Why are premises are so important to a story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of O'Brien's previous books and contrast it with the Third Policeman in terms of the following:
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)