|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the builder drop on his foot?
2. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
3. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
4. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
5. Who accosts the narrator at Mathers' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)