Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel's premise? Why are premises are so important to a story?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)