|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than his wooden leg what else does Martin share with the narrator?
2. According to Pluck what do bicycles eventually become?
3. What is different about Mathers' neck?
4. How do people get road atoms inside of them?
5. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
2. Why does Pluck think Gilaney is lecherous?
3. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
4. How does Divney change the atmosphere at the pub?
5. What happens when the narrator opens the moneybox?
6. What does de Selby say about movement?
7. What does Mathers tell the narrator about his own wind color?
8. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
9. What does de Selby say about mirrors?
10. How does Divney end up working on the farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does the narrator's generation face? How are the problems for the narrator's generation different from the problems his father's generation face? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)