|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when one's gowns turn to black?
2. Who does Mathers say saw his birth color?
3. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
4. What do people become like when they change into bicycles?
5. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
2. Why does Pluck say he found it so easy to find Gilhaney's bicycle?
3. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
4. How does the narrator describe the spear MacCruiskeen shows him?
5. What does Mathers say to the narrator?
6. What does Pluck tell the narrator about Fox?
7. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
8. What does de Selby say about movement?
9. Why does Pluck think Gilaney is lecherous?
10. How does the narrator describe the boxes MacCruiskeen shows him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does O'Brien use so few settings? How does O'Brien create a world away from the few settings he uses? What colors and objects does O'Brien use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the novel's premise? Why are premises are so important to a story?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)