Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator's mother run?
2. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
3. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
4. What of the following does de Selby claim he did not use to make a journey?
5. What does Mathers say has different colors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator opens the moneybox?
2. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
3. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
4. Why does Divney suggest they murder Mathers?
5. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
6. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
7. What does Pluck say about his atom theory?
8. What does Pluck assume about the narrator because he has no name?
9. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
10. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
Essay Topic 1
Why does O'Brien end the play with the narrator waiting for Divney? Could have ended the novel another way? What meaning would that new ending have given the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why does O'Brien use so few settings? How does O'Brien create a world away from the few settings he uses? What colors and objects does O'Brien use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)