|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator allow Divney to run the farm?
2. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator after the spear?
3. What does the narrator say has changed since he entered Mathers' house?
4. Where does Pluck find Gilhaney's bicycle?
5. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
2. Why does Pluck think Gilaney is lecherous?
3. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
4. What does the narrator do as he walks down the road?
5. What does Mathers say to the narrator?
6. What does Mathers tells the narrator about the policeman at the police barracks?
7. What does Mathers tell the narrator about his own wind color?
8. What does Pluck say about the figures he looks over with MacCruiskeen?
9. What changes as the narrator walks down the road?
10. Where does Pluck find the bicycle and all its parts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mathers' role in the novel? How would think the novel would change if Mathers did not reappear after his death?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)