|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
2. How do people get road atoms inside of them?
3. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
4. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
5. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
2. What does Pluck tell the narrator about Fox?
3. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
4. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
5. Why does the narrator think it is not a good idea to say no to everything?
6. What does Pluck say about the figures he looks over with MacCruiskeen?
7. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
8. Why does Pluck say he found it so easy to find Gilhaney's bicycle?
9. What does Mathers tell the narrator about his own wind color?
10. Where does Pluck find the bicycle and all its parts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does O'Brien use so few settings? How does O'Brien create a world away from the few settings he uses? What colors and objects does O'Brien use and what meaning does it give to the setting?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the narrator's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did the narrator hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes the narrator's ideas about life?
3. How has the narrator's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What does Pluck's obsession with bicycles say about his character? How does Pluck obsession with bicycles relate to the novel's themes?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)