|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
(a) By binding themselves in pairs.
(b) By using wheelchairs.
(c) By wearing gas masks.
(d) By wearing medical uniform.
2. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He falls in love with the color.
(b) It reminds him of home.
(c) He likes its wheels.
(d) He thinks it is a woman.
3. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
4. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(b) Gift of Time.
(d) TV Watching.
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
(a) Plays his instrument
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Tells jokes.
(d) Recites poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
2. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
3. What is different about Divney?
4. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
5. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
2. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
3. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
4. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
5. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
6. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
7. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
8. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
9. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
10. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)