|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
2. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
3. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A Spanish Inquisition.
(b) A small army.
(c) A Christian group.
(d) A vigilante group.
4. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
(c) Telephone numbers.
5. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In Mathers' bedroom.
(b) In Mathers' money box.
(c) In the narrator's car.
(d) In the narrator's study room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the builder's leg made from?
2. What is different about Meers?
3. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
4. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
5. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
2. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
3. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
4. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
5. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
6. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
7. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
10. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)