|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
(a) He aged thirty years.
(b) He landed on Mars.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He caught a bad cold.
2. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
3. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
(a) By binding themselves in pairs.
(b) By wearing medical uniform.
(c) By using wheelchairs.
(d) By wearing gas masks.
4. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
5. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A bad stomach.
(b) Bad wind.
(c) A fast leak.
(d) A slow leak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
2. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
4. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
5. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
2. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
3. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
4. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
5. What does de Selby say about heaven?
6. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
7. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
8. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
9. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
10. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)