|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A windless bicycle.
(b) A high percentage bicycle.
(c) A gravity defying bicycle.
(d) A atomless bicycle.
2. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
3. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A police station.
(b) A communications room.
(c) A holding cell.
(d) A hideout.
4. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
(c) De Selby.
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) It reminds him of home.
(b) He thinks it is a woman.
(c) He likes its wheels.
(d) He falls in love with the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
2. Who does Fox look like?
3. What is different about Meers?
4. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
5. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
2. How does McCruiskeen plan to defeat the one-legged men?
3. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
6. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
7. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
8. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
9. What does de Selby say about heaven?
10. Why does the narrator think the police cannot hang him?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)