|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's car.
(b) Pluck's bicycle.
(c) Pluck's pet rat.
(d) Pluck's telephone.
2. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He can't walk.
(b) He set him to America.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He killed him.
3. What is the builder's leg made from?
4. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
(a) An invisible telephone.
(b) An invisible chest.
(c) An invisible mug.
(d) An invisible spear.
5. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(d) Pegeen Meers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
2. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
3. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
4. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
2. What does de Selby believe about the shape of the world?
3. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
4. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
5. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
8. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
9. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
10. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)