|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Eight blind maids.
(b) Seven one-legged men.
(c) Six spineless frogs.
(d) Five death builders.
2. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lock.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bicycle pump.
(d) A bicycle lamp.
3. Who is Divney standing next to?
(a) A goat.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
4. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In Mathers' bedroom.
(b) In the narrator's car.
(c) In Mathers' money box.
(d) In the narrator's study room.
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He falls in love with the color.
(b) He likes its wheels.
(c) It reminds him of home.
(d) He thinks it is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
2. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
3. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
4. What does Pluck show the narrator?
5. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
2. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
3. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
6. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
7. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
8. What does de Selby say about heaven?
9. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
10. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)