|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A bad stomach.
(b) A slow leak.
(c) A fast leak.
(d) Bad wind.
2. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He set him to America.
(b) He can't walk.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He killed him.
3. What is different about Divney?
(a) He looks much older.
(b) He looks like a bicycle.
(c) He looks much younger.
(d) He looks like the devil.
4. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A brick.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A knife.
(d) A dart.
5. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(d) De Selby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
2. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
3. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
4. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
5. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
2. How does McCruiskeen plan to defeat the one-legged men?
3. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
4. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
5. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
6. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
7. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
8. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
9. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
10. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)