|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
(a) An invisible spear.
(b) An invisible telephone.
(c) An invisible mug.
(d) An invisible chest.
2. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A communications room.
(b) A police station.
(c) A holding cell.
(d) A hideout.
3. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
4. What is different about Meers?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has a wedding ring.
(c) She is a young girl.
(d) She is an old lady.
5. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
(a) A knife.
(b) A brick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
2. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
3. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
4. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
5. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
2. What does de Selby believe about the shape of the world?
3. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
4. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
5. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
6. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
7. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
8. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
9. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)