|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(c) TV Watching.
(d) Gift of Time.
2. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
3. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
4. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A police station.
(b) A hideout.
(c) A communications room.
(d) A holding cell.
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He likes its wheels.
(b) He falls in love with the color.
(c) He thinks it is a woman.
(d) It reminds him of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
2. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
3. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
4. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
5. What is different about Divney?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
2. What does de Selby say about heaven?
3. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
4. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
5. What does de Selby believe about the shape of the world?
6. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
7. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
10. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)