|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
2. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A cafe.
3. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(a) Pegeen Meers.
4. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A bad stomach.
(b) Bad wind.
(c) A fast leak.
(d) A slow leak.
5. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His house,
(c) The local church.
(d) The beginning of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
3. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
4. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
5. Who does Fox look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
2. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
3. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
4. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
5. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
6. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
7. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
10. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)