|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(a) The narrator.
3. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
(a) Recites poetry.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Plays his instrument
(d) Tells jokes.
4. Who is Divney standing next to?
(b) A young boy.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A goat.
5. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
2. Whose house does the narrator run past?
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
4. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
5. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
2. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
3. How does McCruiskeen plan to defeat the one-legged men?
4. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
5. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
6. What does de Selby say about heaven?
7. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
8. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
9. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
10. Why does the narrator think the police cannot hang him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)