|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(d) De Selby.
2. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
3. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
4. When is the narrator scheduled to be hanged?
(a) The beginning of the next month.
(b) The morning.
(c) The afternoon.
(d) The beginning of the next week.
5. What is the builder's leg made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
3. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
4. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
5. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
2. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
3. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
4. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
5. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
6. What does de Selby believe about the shape of the world?
7. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
8. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
9. How does McCruiskeen plan to defeat the one-legged men?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)