|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A bicycle.
2. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(b) Pegeen Meers.
3. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
(a) His police report.
(b) His invisible chest.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His invisible box.
4. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A atomless bicycle.
(b) A high percentage bicycle.
(c) A windless bicycle.
(d) A gravity defying bicycle.
5. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
2. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
3. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
4. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
5. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
2. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
3. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
4. What does de Selby believe about the shape of the world?
5. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
6. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
7. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
8. What does de Selby say about heaven?
9. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
10. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)