|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Divney?
(a) He looks much older.
(b) He looks like the devil.
(c) He looks much younger.
(d) He looks like a bicycle.
2. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A bicycle tire.
(c) A petrol tanker.
(d) An airplane.
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) A poetry recitation.
(b) An acting class.
(c) A dangerous reading.
(d) Construction work.
4. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lamp.
(b) A bicycle pump.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A bicycle lock.
5. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fox look like?
2. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
3. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
4. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
2. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
3. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
6. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
7. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
8. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
9. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
10. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)