|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His house,
(b) The beginning of the story.
(c) The local church.
(d) His childhood.
2. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) A poetry recitation.
(b) A dangerous reading.
(c) Construction work.
(d) An acting class.
4. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A Spanish Inquisition.
(b) A vigilante group.
(c) A small army.
(d) A Christian group.
5. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A dog.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
2. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
3. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
2. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
3. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
4. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
5. How does McCruiskeen plan to defeat the one-legged men?
6. How does Divney react to seeing the narrator?
7. How have the one legged men disguised themselves?
8. What does the narrator dream about at the beginning of the chapter?
9. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
10. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)