|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lock.
(b) A bicycle lamp.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A bicycle pump.
2. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
(d) De Selby.
3. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
(a) By wearing medical uniform.
(b) By binding themselves in pairs.
(c) By using wheelchairs.
(d) By wearing gas masks.
4. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To make sparks.
(b) To see what happens.
(c) To increase its durability.
(d) To lengthen the waves of energy.
5. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
(a) Lots of shouting.
(b) Loud hammering.
(c) Screaming babies.
(d) Screaming girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
2. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
3. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
4. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
5. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator think the police cannot hang him?
2. Describe the story Pluck tells about the man who went up in a balloon?
3. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. What does Fox tell the narrator about the money box?
6. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
7. What does de Selby say about heaven?
8. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
9. Where does Pluck take the narrator in this chapter?
10. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)