|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(a) TV Watching.
(d) Gift of Time.
2. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Five death builders.
(b) Six spineless frogs.
(c) Seven one-legged men.
(d) Eight blind maids.
3. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A hideout.
(b) A communications room.
(c) A police station.
(d) A holding cell.
4. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
5. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(c) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does the narrator run past?
2. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
3. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
4. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
5. What is different about Meers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator get a reprieve?
2. What does the narrator see outside of Mathers' house?
3. Why do the policeman consent to show the narrator what their figures mean?
4. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
5. How does the narrator describe the map Pluck shows him?
6. How does the Codex relate to the situation the narrator finds himself in?
7. How does the narrator get the builder to help him?
8. Why does Pluck think all modes of transport are dangerous?
9. Why does the narrator think the police cannot hang him?
10. Summarize the novel.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)