|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(a) The wind.
(c) His soul.
(d) The birds.
2. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
3. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
(a) A wristwatch.
(b) A moneybox.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A wallet.
4. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
(a) The visible point.
(b) MacCruiskeen's hand.
(c) The handle.
(d) The narrator's face.
5. What does de Selby claim to be able to use to see back in time?
(b) Coke bottles.
(d) Tea leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
2. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
3. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
4. Who does the stranger threaten to murder?
5. What was Mather's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pluck say he found it so easy to find Gilhaney's bicycle?
2. What does the narrator do as he walks down the road?
3. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
4. Why does Pluck think Gilaney is lecherous?
5. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
6. What does Pluck say about the figures he looks over with MacCruiskeen?
7. Where does Pluck find the bicycle and all its parts?
8. Why does the narrator have a wooden leg?
9. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
10. How does Divney change the atmosphere at the pub?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)