|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boy first consider when de Selby confused him with insolvable problems?
2. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(b) The wind.
(c) The birds.
(d) His soul.
3. What does the narrator use to attack Mathers?
(a) His fists.
(b) An iron pump.
(c) His feet.
(d) A spade.
4. When does Mathers say a person has the color of wind?
(a) During puberty.
(b) After death.
(c) When they are happy.
(d) At their birth.
5. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you are in love.
(b) If you get married.
(c) If you are dead.
(d) If you turn to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mathers' birth color?
2. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
3. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
4. What does the narrator help Pluck look for?
5. What color is the money box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mathers say to the narrator?
2. How does Divney end up working on the farm?
3. How does Divney change the atmosphere at the pub?
4. Why does Pluck say he found it so easy to find Gilhaney's bicycle?
5. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
6. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
7. What does Pluck say about his atom theory?
8. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
9. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
10. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)