|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) Mather's home.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The police barracks.
(d) The local farm.
2. What does de Selby claim to be able to use to see back in time?
(a) Coke bottles.
(d) Tea leaves.
3. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
(a) Mobile houses.
(b) Detached houses.
(c) Roofless houses.
(d) Floating houses.
4. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A builder.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A writer.
5. Where does Divney claim he hid the money?
(a) In the pub cellar.
(b) In the narrator's loft.
(c) The cabbage patch in the allottments.
(d) Under the floorboards in Mather's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
2. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
3. What does the narrator use to attack Mathers?
4. What is so thin on the spear that it is invisible?
5. What does Mathers say has different colors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pluck say about his atom theory?
2. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
3. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
4. What does de Selby say about roads?
5. What does Mathers tell the narrator about his own wind color?
6. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
7. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
8. How does Divney change the atmosphere at the pub?
9. How does Divney end up working on the farm?
10. What changes as the narrator walks down the road?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)