|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator's mother run?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A pub.
2. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) The police barracks.
(b) Mather's home.
(c) The local farm.
(d) The restaurant.
3. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) His friends' problems.
(b) Insolvable problems.
(c) His own problems.
(d) A range of problems.
4. What of the following does de Selby claim he did not use to make a journey?
5. What does Mathers say has different colors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pluck say Gilhaney is turning into?
2. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
3. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
4. What is Mathers' birth color?
5. What does de Selby believe is a hallucination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator opens the moneybox?
2. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
3. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
4. Why does Divney suggest they murder Mathers?
5. How did MacCruiskeen drive two men mad?
6. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
7. What does Pluck say about his atom theory?
8. What does Pluck assume about the narrator because he has no name?
9. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
10. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)