|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
(a) Human anger.
(b) God's anger.
(c) Any form of storytelling.
(d) Any mode of transportation.
2. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) A range of problems.
(b) Insolvable problems.
(c) His own problems.
(d) His friends' problems.
3. What society does Finnucane say he is head of?
(a) One legged men.
(b) Robbers' rights.
(c) Wind color seekers.
(d) Police rights.
4. Who does Pluck describe as lecherous?
5. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
(a) Roger Tomkins.
(b) Jack Mathers.
(c) Dale Lohan.
(d) Martin Finnucane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stranger threaten to murder?
2. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
3. According to Pluck what do bicycles eventually become?
4. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
5. Where does Mathers say the other policemen can be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
2. How does the narrator become obsessed with the philosopher, de Selby?
3. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
4. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
5. What changes as the narrator walks down the road?
6. What does de Selby say about mirrors?
7. Where does Pluck find the bicycle and all its parts?
8. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
9. What does de Selby say about roads?
10. What does Pluck say about the figures he looks over with MacCruiskeen?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)