|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of the following does de Selby claim he did not use to make a journey?
2. What does Divney hide while the narrator beats Mathers to death?
(a) Mather's clothes.
(b) Mather's wallet.
(c) Mather's moneybox.
(d) Mather's gold watch.
3. What part of the narrator's body do the doctors have to amputate?
(a) His fingers.
(b) His leg.
(c) His foot.
(d) His arm.
4. Other than his wooden leg what else does Martin share with the narrator?
(a) He has black hair.
(b) He is a murderer.
(c) He owns a farm.
(d) He has a simmilar smile.
5. Who does Pluck assume is the narrator's father?
(b) The local butcher.
(c) A man with no name.
(d) The local farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator after the spear?
2. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
3. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
4. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
5. What is so thin on the spear that it is invisible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
2. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
3. What does Pluck say about his atom theory?
4. How does the narrator describe the boxes MacCruiskeen shows him?
5. What does Mathers tell the narrator about wind?
6. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
7. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
8. What does Pluck say about the figures he looks over with MacCruiskeen?
9. What does de Selby say about movement?
10. What is de Selby's opinion on houses?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)