|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator see sitting in the corner of the room?
(b) Philip Mathers.
(c) John Divney.
(d) De Selby.
2. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(b) Credit cards and gold chains.
(c) Shoes and hats.
(d) Money and watches.
3. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
(a) Air atoms.
(b) Animal atoms.
(c) Chrome atomes.
(d) Bicycle atoms.
4. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
(a) Mobile houses.
(b) Detached houses.
(c) Roofless houses.
(d) Floating houses.
5. What color is the money box?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the inspector's name at the police barracks?
2. What does the narrator say has changed since he entered Mathers' house?
3. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
4. What do the doctors replace the narrator's leg with?
5. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did de Selby once confuse a boy about the boy's problems?
2. Why does the narrator fall in love with the bicycle in this chapter?
3. What does the narrator see when he arrives back at his house?
4. What does the narrator do as he walks down the road?
5. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
6. Why is de Selby's Codex impossible to decipher?
7. What does de Selby say about movement?
8. Why does Pluck think Gilaney is lecherous?
9. What does Pluck tell the narrator about Fox?
10. How does the narrator arrive back at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)