|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(a) His soul.
(c) The birds.
(d) The wind.
2. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) Nuclear theory.
(b) De Selby's theory.
(c) Atomic theory.
(d) Time theory.
3. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator after the spear?
(a) A sword.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A miniature box.
4. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
(a) Jack Mathers.
(b) Roger Tomkins.
(c) Martin Finnucane.
(d) Dale Lohan.
5. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
(d) Horse hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the stranger threaten to murder?
2. What is the name of the first book the narrator reads by de Selby?
3. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
4. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
5. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
2. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
3. How does Divney change the atmosphere at the pub?
4. Where does Pluck find the bicycle and all its parts?
5. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
6. What does Mathers say to the narrator?
7. How does the narrator become obsessed with the philosopher, de Selby?
8. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
9. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
10. What does Pluck say humans do when they turn into bicycles?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)