|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
2. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His great grandfather.
(d) His grandson.
3. What information does Mathers ask from the narrator?
(a) What he is using the money to buy.
(b) Why he murdered him.
(c) His name.
(d) Divney's name.
4. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
(a) John Divney.
(b) Joe de Selby.
(c) Jack Mathers.
(d) Frank O'Hara.
5. Who does Pluck say a watch cannot belong to?
(a) A dead person.
(b) A murderer.
(c) Someone with no name.
(d) An Irishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pluck blame everything on?
2. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
3. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
4. According to Pluck what does a bicycle rider eventually become?
5. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
2. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
3. How does Divney end up working on the farm?
4. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
5. How does the narrator describe the boxes MacCruiskeen shows him?
6. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
7. What does Mathers say to the narrator?
8. What does de Selby say about mirrors?
9. What happens when the narrator opens the moneybox?
10. What changes as the narrator walks down the road?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)