|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pluck's rank in the police force?
2. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
(a) Any form of storytelling.
(b) Any mode of transportation.
(c) God's anger.
(d) Human anger.
3. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
(a) Bicycle sheds.
(b) People's houses.
(c) Inside barns.
4. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
(a) Michael Gilhaney.
(b) Jack Dawes.
(c) Gordon Henry.
(d) Samuel Heaney.
5. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you turn to God.
(b) If you get married.
(c) If you are in love.
(d) If you are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
2. What is the name of the third policeman?
3. What does the narrator think the policemen can help him find?
4. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
5. What does the narrator use to attack Mathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator perplex Sergeant Pluck?
2. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
3. How does the narrator describe the spear MacCruiskeen shows him?
4. How does Divney end up working on the farm?
5. What does the narrator do as he walks down the road?
6. Why does Pluck say he found it so easy to find Gilhaney's bicycle?
7. What does Pluck assume about the narrator because he has no name?
8. What does de Selby say about mirrors?
9. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
10. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)