|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
(a) Bicycle sheds.
(b) Inside barns.
(d) People's houses.
2. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A canal boat.
(b) A riverbank.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A park.
3. What does the narrator help Pluck look for?
(a) Mathers's money box.
(b) His gold watch.
(c) Diviney's gun.
(d) Gilhaney's bicycle.
4. What name does the narrator give his soul?
5. What do bicycles lean against in people's houses?
(b) Kitchen counters.
(d) Deck chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than his wooden leg what else does Martin share with the narrator?
2. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
3. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
4. Where does Pluck find Gilhaney's bicycle?
5. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the stranger reveal about himself?
2. What does Pluck assume about the narrator because he has no name?
3. Why is MacCruiskeen's piano special?
4. How do Divney and the narrator murder Mathers?
5. How does Pluck respond to the narrator's claim someone has stolen his gold watch?
6. What does Pluck say humans do when they turn into bicycles?
7. How do people change into bicycles and bicycles change into people?
8. How does the stranger say he can help the narrator?
9. What does Pluck say bicycles do during bad weather?
10. How does the narrator describe the spear MacCruiskeen shows him?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)