|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To stick up posters.
(c) To wallpaper his police station.
(d) To fix his shoes.
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(c) The narrator.
3. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His soul.
(c) His parents.
(d) His brain.
4. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He has no bicycle.
(c) He has no name.
(d) They need him.
5. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) His wife.
6. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A hideout.
(b) A holding cell.
(c) A police station.
(d) A communications room.
7. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He keeps his bicycle there.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(d) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
8. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(c) De Selby.
9. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) His sore feet.
(c) His flat bicycle tire.
(d) A map of the area.
10. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(d) The narrator.
11. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
12. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
13. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In Mathers' bedroom.
(c) In the narrator's study room.
(d) In Mathers' money box.
14. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Dilaney's house.
(b) The police barracks.
(d) His house.
15. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
2. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
3. Who accosts the narrator at Mathers' house?
4. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
5. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)