|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
(a) Loud hammering.
(b) Lots of shouting.
(c) Screaming girls.
(d) Screaming babies.
2. What is different about Divney?
(a) He looks like the devil.
(b) He looks like a bicycle.
(c) He looks much younger.
(d) He looks much older.
3. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(d) The narrator.
4. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
5. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A mug.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A stone.
(d) A brick.
6. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
(b) Theater masks.
7. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A dart.
(d) A brick.
8. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His parents.
(b) His brain.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His soul.
9. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
10. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In Mathers' bedroom.
(c) In the narrator's study room.
(d) In Mathers' money box.
11. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To stick up posters.
(c) To wallpaper his police station.
(d) To fix his shoes.
12. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
13. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A telephone.
14. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He has no name.
(b) They need him.
(c) He has no bicycle.
(d) He is innocent.
15. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A gravity defying bicycle.
(b) A atomless bicycle.
(c) A windless bicycle.
(d) A high percentage bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
2. What does Pluck show the narrator?
3. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
5. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)