|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the narrator scheduled to be hanged?
(a) The afternoon.
(b) The morning.
(c) The beginning of the next week.
(d) The beginning of the next month.
2. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(b) He keeps his bicycle there.
(c) He does not like to coop people up.
(d) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
3. Who is Divney standing next to?
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A goat.
4. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
5. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His parents.
(b) His soul.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brain.
6. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
(a) In his book.
(b) At the breakfast table.
(c) Behind his ear.
(d) In his shirt pocket.
7. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A brick.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A stone.
(d) A mug.
8. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
9. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
(d) The narrator.
10. What does MacCruiskeen say he is going to paint his bicycle?
(a) The color of eternity.
(b) The color that drove Fox mad.
(c) The color of the devil.
(d) The color his mother painted his room.
11. Who accosts the narrator at Mathers' house?
12. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) A gun.
(b) His spear.
(c) His bicycle.
13. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bomb.
14. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
(a) The patent colors.
(b) The money box.
(c) The invisible spear.
(d) Bicycle atoms.
15. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Kills Divney's boy.
(c) Kills Divney.
(d) Spits at Divney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Meers?
2. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
3. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
4. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
5. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)