|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does the narrator run past?
2. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A dog.
(c) A car.
(d) A bicycle.
3. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
(a) Gas him.
(b) Gullotine him.
(c) Electrocute him.
(d) Hang him.
4. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
(a) An invisible mug.
(b) An invisible spear.
(c) An invisible chest.
(d) An invisible telephone.
5. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To increase its durability.
(b) To lengthen the waves of energy.
(c) To make sparks.
(d) To see what happens.
6. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Eight blind maids.
(b) Six spineless frogs.
(c) Seven one-legged men.
(d) Five death builders.
7. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In Mathers' money box.
(c) In Mathers' bedroom.
(d) In the narrator's study room.
8. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His brain.
(b) His soul.
(c) His parents.
(d) His best friend.
9. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
(a) Michael Dilaney.
(b) james O'Connor.
(c) Andy Gara.
(d) Bill Mathers.
10. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle pump.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bicycle lamp.
(d) A bicycle lock.
11. Who is Divney standing next to?
(b) A young boy.
(c) A goat.
(d) A young girl.
12. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(b) De Selby.
13. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
14. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
15. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A dart.
(b) A brick.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
2. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
3. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
4. What is different about Meers?
5. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)