|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His parents.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brain.
(d) His soul.
2. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
(a) De Selby.
3. What does Fox say was in the money box?
(c) Bicycle atoms.
4. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He has no bicycle.
(c) He has no name.
(d) They need him.
5. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's bicycle.
(b) Pluck's telephone.
(c) Pluck's car.
(d) Pluck's pet rat.
6. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
(b) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
7. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(c) De Selby.
8. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A dog.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A car.
9. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) A gun.
(d) His spear.
10. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
11. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In the narrator's study room.
(c) In Mathers' bedroom.
(d) In Mathers' money box.
12. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To stick up posters.
(b) To fix a door.
(c) To wallpaper his police station.
(d) To fix his shoes.
13. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A gravity defying bicycle.
(b) A windless bicycle.
(c) A atomless bicycle.
(d) A high percentage bicycle.
14. What is different about Divney?
(a) He looks much younger.
(b) He looks like a bicycle.
(c) He looks much older.
(d) He looks like the devil.
15. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His soul.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brain.
(d) His bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
2. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
3. What is the builder's leg made from?
4. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
5. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)