|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
(a) His invisible chest.
(b) His invisible box.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His police report.
2. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
3. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) His sore feet.
(c) His flat bicycle tire.
(d) A map of the area.
4. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A Christian group.
(b) A vigilante group.
(c) A Spanish Inquisition.
(d) A small army.
5. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He can't walk.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He set him to America.
6. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns to God.
(c) He turns evil.
(d) He has a panic attack.
7. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
8. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
9. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Kills Divney's boy.
(b) Spits at Divney.
(c) Kills Divney.
(d) Runs away.
10. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(b) A gun.
(c) His spear.
(d) His bicycle.
11. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A windless bicycle.
(b) A atomless bicycle.
(c) A high percentage bicycle.
(d) A gravity defying bicycle.
12. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
(c) The narrator.
13. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
14. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
15. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
(a) His wife.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) His parents.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
3. What is the builder's leg made from?
4. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)