|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A dog.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
2. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He aged thirty years.
(c) He landed on Mars.
(d) He caught a bad cold.
3. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
(a) Plays his instrument
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Reads a book.
4. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A brick.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A mug.
(d) A stone.
5. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
6. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) The local church.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His house,
(d) The beginning of the story.
7. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
8. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
(a) The invisible spear.
(b) The money box.
(c) Bicycle atoms.
(d) The patent colors.
9. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
(a) Hang him.
(b) Gas him.
(c) Electrocute him.
(d) Gullotine him.
10. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His spear.
(c) A gun.
11. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(a) De Selby.
12. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) His house.
(c) The police barracks.
(d) Dilaney's house.
13. What is different about Divney?
(a) He looks much younger.
(b) He looks like the devil.
(c) He looks much older.
(d) He looks like a bicycle.
14. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He keeps his bicycle there.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(d) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
15. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. What does MacCruiskeen say he is going to paint his bicycle?
4. What does the builder drop on his foot?
5. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)