|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A bicycle tire.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A petrol tanker.
2. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
(a) His invisible box.
(b) His police report.
(c) His wedding ring.
(d) His invisible chest.
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) A dangerous reading.
(b) An acting class.
(c) A poetry recitation.
(d) Construction work.
4. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He keeps his bicycle there.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
(d) He wants the cell free for someone else.
5. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
(a) You grow old quickly.
(b) You feel ill at ease.
(c) You don't change.
(d) You grow younger.
6. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
7. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(a) De Selby.
8. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
9. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His brain.
(b) His mother.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His soul.
10. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
(d) Telephone numbers.
11. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He set him to America.
(b) He can't walk.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He killed him.
12. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
13. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
(a) Bicycle atoms.
(b) The invisible spear.
(c) The patent colors.
(d) The money box.
14. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
15. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Seven one-legged men.
(b) Six spineless frogs.
(c) Five death builders.
(d) Eight blind maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the builder's leg made from?
2. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
3. What does MacCruiskeen put together after he is finished with his music?
4. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
5. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)