|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
(b) A hotel.
(d) A cafe.
2. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
3. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) His spear.
(b) A gun.
(c) His bicycle.
4. Who is Divney standing next to?
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A goat.
5. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
6. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
7. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Six spineless frogs.
(b) Five death builders.
(c) Seven one-legged men.
(d) Eight blind maids.
8. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A bicycle lock.
(c) A bicycle pump.
(d) A bicycle lamp.
9. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
(a) Loud hammering.
(b) Screaming girls.
(c) Lots of shouting.
(d) Screaming babies.
10. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His soul.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brain.
11. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He set him to America.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He can't walk.
(d) He died of cancer.
12. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A car.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bicycle.
13. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's study room.
(b) In the narrator's car.
(c) In Mathers' money box.
(d) In Mathers' bedroom.
14. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His brain.
(b) His soul.
(c) His parents.
(d) His best friend.
15. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
2. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
3. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
4. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)