|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) He has no name.
(c) They need him.
(d) He has no bicycle.
2. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A fast leak.
(b) Bad wind.
(c) A bad stomach.
(d) A slow leak.
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In Mathers' bedroom.
(c) In Mathers' money box.
(d) In the narrator's study room.
4. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
5. Who does Fox look like?
(b) The narrator.
6. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(b) Pegeen Meers.
7. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His bicycle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His soul.
(d) His brain.
8. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
(a) Bicycle atoms.
(b) The patent colors.
(c) The invisible spear.
(d) The money box.
9. What is the builder's leg made from?
10. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
(a) Andy Gara.
(b) james O'Connor.
(c) Bill Mathers.
(d) Michael Dilaney.
11. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
(c) Telephone numbers.
12. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A telephone.
13. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
(a) Plays his instrument
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Recites poetry.
14. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A brick.
15. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A dart.
(b) A brick.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
2. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
3. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
4. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
5. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)