|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To fix his shoes.
(c) To wallpaper his police station.
(d) To stick up posters.
2. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
3. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
4. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His soul.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brain.
5. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A brick.
(b) A mug.
(c) A stone.
(d) A bicycle.
6. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(d) The narrator.
7. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(a) Gift of Time.
(d) TV Watching.
8. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The beginning of the story.
(c) The local church.
(d) His house,
9. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
(d) The narrator.
10. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
11. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(d) He keeps his bicycle there.
12. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
13. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's car.
(b) Pluck's pet rat.
(c) Pluck's telephone.
(d) Pluck's bicycle.
14. Who accosts the narrator at Mathers' house?
15. Whose house does the narrator run past?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
2. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
3. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
4. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
5. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)