|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
2. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
(d) Theater masks.
3. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
4. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
(c) Telephone numbers.
5. What does MacCruiskeen put together after he is finished with his music?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A television.
(c) A mangle.
(d) A telephone.
6. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(c) De Selby.
7. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His parents.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brain.
(d) His soul.
8. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(a) Gift of Time.
(d) TV Watching.
9. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A communications room.
(b) A hideout.
(c) A holding cell.
(d) A police station.
10. What does MacCruiskeen say he is going to paint his bicycle?
(a) The color his mother painted his room.
(b) The color that drove Fox mad.
(c) The color of the devil.
(d) The color of eternity.
11. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Kills Divney's boy.
(c) Spits at Divney.
(d) Kills Divney.
12. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(a) The narrator.
13. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
14. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Five death builders.
(b) Seven one-legged men.
(c) Six spineless frogs.
(d) Eight blind maids.
15. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He aged thirty years.
(c) He landed on Mars.
(d) He caught a bad cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
2. What is different about Divney?
3. Who does Fox look like?
4. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)