|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The police barracks.
(c) Dilaney's house.
(d) His house.
2. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's car.
(b) In Mathers' bedroom.
(c) In Mathers' money box.
(d) In the narrator's study room.
3. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle pump.
(b) A bicycle lock.
(c) A bicycle lamp.
(d) A bicycle.
4. What does MacCruiskeen lose when Gilhaney sends him flying?
(a) His wedding ring.
(b) His invisible box.
(c) His police report.
(d) His invisible chest.
5. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
6. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His house,
(b) The local church.
(c) The beginning of the story.
(d) His childhood.
7. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
8. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
(a) By wearing gas masks.
(b) By using wheelchairs.
(c) By wearing medical uniform.
(d) By binding themselves in pairs.
9. Who is Divney standing next to?
(b) A young girl.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A goat.
10. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He falls in love with the color.
(b) He likes its wheels.
(c) It reminds him of home.
(d) He thinks it is a woman.
11. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A brick.
(c) A stone.
(d) A mug.
12. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
13. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
(a) The invisible spear.
(b) The patent colors.
(c) Bicycle atoms.
(d) The money box.
14. What is different about Meers?
(a) She is a young girl.
(b) She is an old lady.
(c) She has a wedding ring.
(d) She is pregnant.
15. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Kills Divney.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Kills Divney's boy.
(d) Spits at Divney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fox look like?
2. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
3. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
4. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)