|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's car.
(b) Pluck's pet rat.
(c) Pluck's telephone.
(d) Pluck's bicycle.
2. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A atomless bicycle.
(b) A gravity defying bicycle.
(c) A high percentage bicycle.
(d) A windless bicycle.
3. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He thinks it is a woman.
(b) It reminds him of home.
(c) He falls in love with the color.
(d) He likes its wheels.
4. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
5. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
6. Who does the narrator say goodbye to in this chapter?
(a) His soul.
(b) His brain.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His parents.
7. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
(a) Theater masks.
8. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
9. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
10. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He does not like to coop people up.
(b) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(c) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
(d) He keeps his bicycle there.
11. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To make sparks.
(b) To see what happens.
(c) To increase its durability.
(d) To lengthen the waves of energy.
12. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(b) His spear.
(c) A gun.
(d) His bicycle.
13. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
(a) A bicycle tire.
(b) A petrol tanker.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A balloon.
14. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
(a) Loud hammering.
(b) Lots of shouting.
(c) Screaming babies.
(d) Screaming girls.
15. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
2. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
3. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
4. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
5. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)