|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have the wooden-legged men disguised themselves?
(a) By using wheelchairs.
(b) By wearing medical uniform.
(c) By wearing gas masks.
(d) By binding themselves in pairs.
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(a) The narrator.
3. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A small army.
(b) A vigilante group.
(c) A Christian group.
(d) A Spanish Inquisition.
4. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(b) Gift of Time.
(d) TV Watching.
5. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
(a) In his shirt pocket.
(b) In his book.
(c) Behind his ear.
(d) At the breakfast table.
6. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In the narrator's study room.
(b) In Mathers' bedroom.
(c) In Mathers' money box.
(d) In the narrator's car.
7. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
8. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle pump.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bicycle lock.
(d) A bicycle lamp.
9. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
10. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) His sore feet.
(c) His flat bicycle tire.
(d) A map of the area.
11. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A brick.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A mug.
(d) A stone.
12. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(c) Pegeen Meers.
13. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Six spineless frogs.
(b) Eight blind maids.
(c) Five death builders.
(d) Seven one-legged men.
14. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He has no name.
(b) He has no bicycle.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) They need him.
15. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
2. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
3. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
4. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
5. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)