|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
2. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Kills Divney.
(c) Spits at Divney.
(d) Kills Divney's boy.
3. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
(a) De Selby.
4. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) The local church.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His house,
(d) The beginning of the story.
5. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He has no name.
(b) He is innocent.
(c) He has no bicycle.
(d) They need him.
6. Who does Fox look like?
(a) The narrator.
7. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He can't walk.
(c) He set him to America.
(d) He died of cancer.
8. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
9. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lock.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bicycle pump.
(d) A bicycle lamp.
10. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He turns to God.
(c) He dies.
(d) He turns evil.
11. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
12. What does MacCruiskeen put together after he is finished with his music?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A mangle.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A television.
13. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To fix his shoes.
(c) To stick up posters.
(d) To wallpaper his police station.
14. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Seven one-legged men.
(b) Five death builders.
(c) Eight blind maids.
(d) Six spineless frogs.
15. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
2. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
3. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
4. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
5. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)