|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's pet rat.
(b) Pluck's car.
(c) Pluck's telephone.
(d) Pluck's bicycle.
2. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
3. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
(a) You don't change.
(b) You grow old quickly.
(c) You feel ill at ease.
(d) You grow younger.
4. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) A map of the area.
(b) Pictures of his children.
(c) His sore feet.
(d) His flat bicycle tire.
5. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
6. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) He falls in love with the color.
(b) He thinks it is a woman.
(c) He likes its wheels.
(d) It reminds him of home.
7. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A telephone.
8. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
9. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lamp.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bicycle pump.
(d) A bicycle lock.
10. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hotel.
11. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns evil.
(c) He has a panic attack.
(d) He turns to God.
12. What does Fox say was in the money box?
(d) Bicycle atoms.
13. How does Pluck say they will punish the narrator?
(a) Electrocute him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Gas him.
(d) Gullotine him.
14. Who does Fox look like?
(d) The narrator.
15. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) A gun.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
2. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
3. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
4. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
5. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)