|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Meers?
(a) She is a young girl.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is an old lady.
(d) She has a wedding ring.
2. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Seven one-legged men.
(b) Five death builders.
(c) Six spineless frogs.
(d) Eight blind maids.
3. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(d) The narrator.
4. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(b) His bicycle.
(c) A gun.
(d) His spear.
5. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
(a) Plays his instrument
(b) Tells jokes.
(c) Recites poetry.
(d) Reads a book.
6. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's telephone.
(b) Pluck's car.
(c) Pluck's bicycle.
(d) Pluck's pet rat.
7. What does Fox say was in the money box?
(c) Bicycle atoms.
8. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A gravity defying bicycle.
(b) A high percentage bicycle.
(c) A windless bicycle.
(d) A atomless bicycle.
9. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(b) Pegeen Meers.
10. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A Spanish Inquisition.
(b) A vigilante group.
(c) A Christian group.
(d) A small army.
11. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To stick up posters.
(b) To fix his shoes.
(c) To fix a door.
(d) To wallpaper his police station.
12. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A stone.
(c) A mug.
(d) A brick.
13. Who is Divney standing next to?
(a) A young girl.
(c) A goat.
(d) A young boy.
14. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) His children.
15. What is the builder's leg made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
2. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
3. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
4. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
5. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)