|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator send the builder to talk to?
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(a) Pegeen Meers.
4. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's pet rat.
(b) Pluck's telephone.
(c) Pluck's bicycle.
(d) Pluck's car.
5. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To increase its durability.
(b) To lengthen the waves of energy.
(c) To see what happens.
(d) To make sparks.
6. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His brain.
(b) His soul.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His mother.
7. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
(a) A brick.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
8. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A car.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A dog.
9. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He turns to God.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He dies.
(d) He turns evil.
10. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
(a) A gun.
(b) His spear.
(d) His bicycle.
11. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Kills Divney's boy.
(b) Spits at Divney.
(c) Kills Divney.
(d) Runs away.
12. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He wants the cell free for someone else.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He keeps his bicycle there.
(d) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
13. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix his shoes.
(b) To fix a door.
(c) To wallpaper his police station.
(d) To stick up posters.
14. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A fast leak.
(b) A slow leak.
(c) A bad stomach.
(d) Bad wind.
15. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He set him to America.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He can't walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accosts the narrator at Mathers' house?
2. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
3. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
4. What does the builder drop on his foot?
5. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)