|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(d) The narrator.
2. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
3. Where does Divney say he hid the bomb?
(a) In Mathers' money box.
(b) In the narrator's car.
(c) In the narrator's study room.
(d) In Mathers' bedroom.
4. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
(a) james O'Connor.
(b) Andy Gara.
(c) Michael Dilaney.
(d) Bill Mathers.
5. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He dies.
(c) He turns to God.
(d) He turns evil.
6. Who does Fox look like?
(d) The narrator.
7. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) A dangerous reading.
(b) An acting class.
(c) Construction work.
(d) A poetry recitation.
8. Who is Divney standing next to?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A goat.
(d) A young boy.
9. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A slow leak.
(b) Bad wind.
(c) A bad stomach.
(d) A fast leak.
10. Whose house does the narrator run past?
11. What kind of bicycle does the narrator say Gilhaney has?
(a) A high percentage bicycle.
(b) A atomless bicycle.
(c) A gravity defying bicycle.
(d) A windless bicycle.
12. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
(a) Behind his ear.
(b) In his shirt pocket.
(c) At the breakfast table.
(d) In his book.
13. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He keeps his bicycle there.
(b) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
(c) He does not like to coop people up.
(d) He wants the cell free for someone else.
14. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) His flat bicycle tire.
(b) A map of the area.
(c) His sore feet.
(d) Pictures of his children.
15. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen run through his mangle?
2. What has MacCruiskeen left at the police barracks?
3. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
4. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
5. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)