|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Meers?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has a wedding ring.
(c) She is an old lady.
(d) She is a young girl.
2. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's telephone.
(b) Pluck's bicycle.
(c) Pluck's car.
(d) Pluck's pet rat.
3. What is the builder's leg made from?
4. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
5. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A bicycle tire.
(d) A petrol tanker.
6. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
7. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(b) The narrator.
8. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
9. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A bad stomach.
(b) A slow leak.
(c) Bad wind.
(d) A fast leak.
10. What do the police have in Mathers' house?
(a) A holding cell.
(b) A hideout.
(c) A communications room.
(d) A police station.
11. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
(a) Theater masks.
12. Who does the inspector think has murdered Mathers?
(c) The narrator.
13. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Five death builders.
(b) Seven one-legged men.
(c) Six spineless frogs.
(d) Eight blind maids.
14. Why is Pluck reluctant to put the narrator in a cell?
(a) He wants to sleep in the cell himself.
(b) He does not like to coop people up.
(c) He keeps his bicycle there.
(d) He wants the cell free for someone else.
15. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
(a) His children.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) His neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
2. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
3. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
4. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
5. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)