|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To make sparks.
(b) To see what happens.
(c) To increase its durability.
(d) To lengthen the waves of energy.
2. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He is innocent.
(b) They need him.
(c) He has no bicycle.
(d) He has no name.
3. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) An acting class.
(b) A poetry recitation.
(c) A dangerous reading.
(d) Construction work.
4. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
5. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
6. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A dart.
(b) A knife.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A brick.
7. Which of de Selby's books does the narrator talk about in this chapter?
(a) Gift of Time.
(d) TV Watching.
8. What does MacCruiskeen put together after he is finished with his music?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A television.
(d) A mangle.
9. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
10. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) His flat bicycle tire.
(c) His sore feet.
(d) A map of the area.
11. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Spits at Divney.
(c) Kills Divney.
(d) Kills Divney's boy.
12. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He has a panic attack.
(b) He dies.
(c) He turns evil.
(d) He turns to God.
13. What does the narrator say someone stole from him?
(a) A bicycle lock.
(b) A bicycle lamp.
(c) A bicycle pump.
(d) A bicycle.
14. Where does Pluck find a note from Fox?
(a) At the breakfast table.
(b) In his shirt pocket.
(c) Behind his ear.
(d) In his book.
15. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
(b) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
2. What does Pluck say happened to the man who went up in a balloon?
3. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
4. What is the builder's leg made from?
5. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)