|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Pluck and his men wear to protect them from MacCruiskeen's bike?
(c) Theater masks.
2. What was the last thing the authorities hanged?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A car.
(d) A dog.
3. Who does Fox say is on the way to save the narrator?
(a) Seven one-legged men.
(b) Five death builders.
(c) Six spineless frogs.
(d) Eight blind maids.
4. What does MacCruiskeen say is happening at eternity?
(a) An acting class.
(b) A dangerous reading.
(c) Construction work.
(d) A poetry recitation.
5. Who does the narrator see through the window of his house?
(c) Pegeen Meers.
6. What is attempting to escape from the holding cell?
(a) Pluck's car.
(b) Pluck's bicycle.
(c) Pluck's telephone.
(d) Pluck's pet rat.
7. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His house,
(c) The local church.
(d) The beginning of the story.
8. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The police barracks.
(b) Dilaney's house.
(c) His house.
9. Whose house does the narrator run past?
10. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A dart.
(b) A brick.
(c) A knife.
(d) A hammer.
11. When is the narrator scheduled to be hanged?
(a) The beginning of the next week.
(b) The afternoon.
(c) The beginning of the next month.
(d) The morning.
12. What does the narrator do when Divney says he killed him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Kills Divney's boy.
(c) Kills Divney.
(d) Spits at Divney.
13. What else other than water did de Selby's experiments require?
(a) Lots of shouting.
(b) Loud hammering.
(c) Screaming girls.
(d) Screaming babies.
14. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns to God.
(c) He turns evil.
(d) He has a panic attack.
15. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is de Selby's idea of heaven bound up with?
2. What man other than Fox was driven mad by MacCruiskeen's cards?
3. What does the narrator throw through the lighted window?
4. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
5. Who sent up another balloon to find the man?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)