|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pluck compare the slow leak in his clothes to?
(a) A petrol tanker.
(b) A bicycle tire.
(c) A balloon.
(d) An airplane.
2. What did the neighbors form to force the man to tell them where he had been?
(a) A small army.
(b) A Spanish Inquisition.
(c) A vigilante group.
(d) A Christian group.
3. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The local church.
(c) His house,
(d) The beginning of the story.
4. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He dies.
(b) He turns evil.
(c) He has a panic attack.
(d) He turns to God.
5. Why does MacCruiskeen run light through his mangle?
(a) To lengthen the waves of energy.
(b) To see what happens.
(c) To make sparks.
(d) To increase its durability.
6. What does the builder drop on his foot?
(a) A brick.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A dart.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Plunk say too much starch in his clothes gave him?
(a) A fast leak.
(b) A slow leak.
(c) Bad wind.
(d) A bad stomach.
8. What is MacCruiskeen working on when Gilvaney enters the office?
(a) An invisible telephone.
(b) An invisible spear.
(c) An invisible mug.
(d) An invisible chest.
9. What is different about Meers?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has a wedding ring.
(c) She is an old lady.
(d) She is a young girl.
10. Who does Pluck say slept in the bed next to the narrator?
11. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) The police barracks.
(c) Dilaney's house.
(d) His house.
12. What is Divney doing when the narrator enters his house?
13. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) His sore feet.
(c) A map of the area.
(d) His flat bicycle tire.
14. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
15. When is the narrator scheduled to be hanged?
(a) The beginning of the next month.
(b) The beginning of the next week.
(c) The afternoon.
(d) The morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pluck and MacCruiskeen sleep?
2. What does Divney say he used to kill the narrator?
3. What does MacCrusikeen do until dark?
4. What do MacCruiskeen and Pluck confer over?
5. Who does Pluck claim is the murderer?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)