|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did de Selby undergo many lawsuits to obtain?
2. Who does Pluck say wants to die?
(a) The narrator.
3. What does Pluck show the narrator?
(a) His sore feet.
(b) His flat bicycle tire.
(c) A map of the area.
(d) Pictures of his children.
4. What does MacCruiskeen think he can control if he can understand the screams?
(b) De Selby.
5. Why does the narrator think they cannot hang him?
(a) He has no name.
(b) He has no bicycle.
(c) They need him.
(d) He is innocent.
6. What does MacCruiskeen say is the stuff of everything?
7. Who in the narrator's dream takes offense at him?
(a) His brain.
(b) His mother.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His soul.
8. What does the light do when MacCruiskeen runs it through the mangle?
9. Where does the road past the police station lead to?
10. What does Fox say he used the omnium for?
(a) To fix a door.
(b) To wallpaper his police station.
(c) To fix his shoes.
(d) To stick up posters.
11. Whose house does the narrator stop to look at?
12. Why does the narrator form such a deep attachment to Pluck's bike?
(a) It reminds him of home.
(b) He falls in love with the color.
(c) He thinks it is a woman.
(d) He likes its wheels.
13. Why does Divney claim the narrator can't be there?
(a) He set him to America.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He can't walk.
(d) He killed him.
14. What happens to the narrator when his soul leaves him?
(a) He turns evil.
(b) He has a panic attack.
(c) He dies.
(d) He turns to God.
15. Who is the next person to come into the police barracks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eventually arrive back to?
2. Who does O'Corky announce has been murdered?
3. What does the narrator work up the courage to ask about?
4. What happens to you while you are in eternity?
5. Where does the narrator ride to at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)