|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator set off to find the next morning?
(a) The policemen.
2. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
(a) A stolen wallet.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A missing bike.
(d) A broken toy.
3. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
(a) Martin Finnucane.
(b) Jack Mathers.
(c) Dale Lohan.
(d) Roger Tomkins.
4. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A builder.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A writer.
5. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
(a) God's anger.
(b) Human anger.
(c) Any mode of transportation.
(d) Any form of storytelling.
6. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
(a) Pegeen Meers.
(b) Adele McAnuff.
(c) Louise Lovett.
(d) Joanne McAnuff.
7. What country does Pluck say the rest of the narrator's family has gone to?
(b) South Africa.
8. What is different about Mathers' neck?
(a) It looks longer.
(b) It is green.
(c) It is has split open.
(d) It is bandaged.
9. What do people like to lean against when they become bikes?
10. Where does Divney claim he hid the money?
(a) In the pub cellar.
(b) The cabbage patch in the allottments.
(c) Under the floorboards in Mather's house.
(d) In the narrator's loft.
11. What color is the money box?
12. According to Pluck what does a bicycle rider eventually become?
(a) A zombie.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An atom of air.
(d) An animal.
13. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
(a) An iron pump.
(b) A bull ring.
(c) A steel kettle.
(d) A heavy chain.
14. Who does Pluck say a watch cannot belong to?
(a) A dead person.
(b) An Irishman.
(c) A murderer.
(d) Someone with no name.
15. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
(a) Slow movements.
(b) Flash movements.
(c) Quick movements.
(d) Still movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
2. What does the narrator help Pluck look for?
3. What does Pluck say bicycles are made from?
4. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
5. What does the narrator use to attack Mathers?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)