|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
(a) A steel kettle.
(b) A heavy chain.
(c) An iron pump.
(d) A bull ring.
2. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
(a) The visible point.
(b) The handle.
(c) The narrator's face.
(d) MacCruiskeen's hand.
3. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
(a) Chrome atomes.
(b) Bicycle atoms.
(c) Animal atoms.
(d) Air atoms.
4. Who does the narrator believe Mathers to be?
(a) Mathers' twin.
(b) Mathers' guardian angel.
(c) Mathers' son.
(d) Mathers' soul.
5. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) Atomic theory.
(b) Time theory.
(c) Nuclear theory.
(d) De Selby's theory.
6. Who does Mathers say is in control of birth colors?
(a) Three fireman.
(b) Three policemen.
(c) Three priests.
(d) Three zoo keepers.
7. Where does Divney claim he hid the money?
(a) In the pub cellar.
(b) The cabbage patch in the allottments.
(c) In the narrator's loft.
(d) Under the floorboards in Mather's house.
8. What kind of problem did the boy have who asked Selby for help?
(a) A sex problem.
(b) A pet problem.
(c) A girl problem.
(d) A parent problem.
9. What do people become like when they change into bicycles?
(a) Stiff and rigid.
(b) Shiny and energetic.
(c) Quiet and squeaky.
(d) Humorless and sleepy.
10. What does Divney hide while the narrator beats Mathers to death?
(a) Mather's gold watch.
(b) Mather's clothes.
(c) Mather's wallet.
(d) Mather's moneybox.
11. Who does Pluck say stole Gilhaney's bike?
12. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A canal boat.
(b) A park.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A riverbank.
13. Who does Divney suggest he and narrator rob and murder?
(a) Pegeen Meers.
(b) Mary McCann.
(c) Philip Mathers.
(d) Jack Horace.
14. What is the inspector's name at the police barracks?
15. What is so thin on the spear that it is invisible?
(a) Its point.
(b) Its handle.
(c) Its feathers.
(d) Its sheaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
2. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
3. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
4. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
5. What do bicycles lean against in people's houses?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)