|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A park.
(c) A canal boat.
(d) A riverbank.
2. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) The local farm.
(b) Mather's home.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The police barracks.
3. What do the doctors replace the narrator's leg with?
(a) A wooden leg.
(b) A gorilla's leg.
(c) Another human's leg.
(d) A prosthetic leg.
4. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) Nuclear theory.
(b) Atomic theory.
(c) De Selby's theory.
(d) Time theory.
5. Who does Pluck say stole Gilhaney's bike?
6. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
(a) De Selby.
(c) His father.
7. Who does the narrator set off to find the next morning?
(c) The policemen.
8. According to Pluck what does a bicycle rider eventually become?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) An atom of air.
(c) An animal.
(d) A zombie.
9. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
(a) A piano.
(b) A flute.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A guitar.
10. What does de Selby believe is a hallucination?
11. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
(a) Divney cannot trust anyone.
(b) It is not yet safe to spend it.
(c) It needs time to develop interest.
(d) The narrator needs to finish his job first.
12. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
(a) He speaks too loudly.
(b) He is three dimensional.
(c) He has too much hair.
(d) He didn't come on a bicycle.
13. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
(a) A broken toy.
(b) A stolen wallet.
(c) A mugging.
(d) A missing bike.
14. What does the narrator call his book about de Selby?
(a) The de Selby Index.
(b) De Selby Way.
(c) The de Selby Insight.
(d) De Selby Uncovered.
15. What was Mather's job?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A barman.
(c) A landlord.
(d) A cattleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
2. What is Mathers' birth color?
3. What was the narrator's father's job?
4. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
5. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)