|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pluck what does a bicycle rider eventually become?
(a) An animal.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) An atom of air.
(d) A zombie.
2. What was Mather's job?
(a) A landlord.
(b) A barman.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A cattleman.
3. Who does the narrator set off to find the next morning?
(d) The policemen.
4. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
5. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
(a) It is not yet safe to spend it.
(b) Divney cannot trust anyone.
(c) The narrator needs to finish his job first.
(d) It needs time to develop interest.
6. What is Mathers' birth color?
(a) Light green.
(b) Dark red.
(c) Dark blue.
(d) Light yellow.
7. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
(a) De Selby.
(c) His father.
8. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(b) Money and watches.
(c) Credit cards and gold chains.
(d) Shoes and hats.
9. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
(a) Non-fiction writing.
(c) Fiction writing.
10. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
11. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
(a) Martin Finnucane.
(b) Roger Tomkins.
(c) Jack Mathers.
(d) Dale Lohan.
12. When does Mathers say a person has the color of wind?
(a) After death.
(b) When they are happy.
(c) During puberty.
(d) At their birth.
13. What do the doctors replace the narrator's leg with?
(a) A gorilla's leg.
(b) Another human's leg.
(c) A wooden leg.
(d) A prosthetic leg.
14. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A builder.
(c) A writer.
(d) A tramp.
15. What does Mathers say has different colors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
2. Who does the narrator believe Mathers to be?
3. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
4. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
5. Where does Mathers say the other policemen can be found?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)