|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pluck say stole Gilhaney's bike?
2. What color is the money box?
3. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
4. What society does Finnucane say he is head of?
(a) Robbers' rights.
(b) Police rights.
(c) Wind color seekers.
(d) One legged men.
5. Where does Divney claim he hid the money?
(a) Under the floorboards in Mather's house.
(b) In the narrator's loft.
(c) In the pub cellar.
(d) The cabbage patch in the allottments.
6. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
7. Where does Divney wait as the narrator goes to find the moneybox?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) Outside Mather's house.
(c) In the local forest.
(d) At the narrator's house.
8. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) A range of problems.
(b) Insolvable problems.
(c) His friends' problems.
(d) His own problems.
9. Who does Divney suggest he and narrator rob and murder?
(a) Philip Mathers.
(b) Mary McCann.
(c) Pegeen Meers.
(d) Jack Horace.
10. Who does the narrator set off to find the next morning?
(b) The policemen.
11. Who does Pluck assume is the narrator's father?
(a) The local butcher.
(c) The local farmer.
(d) A man with no name.
12. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His grandson.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
13. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) De Selby's theory.
(b) Time theory.
(c) Atomic theory.
(d) Nuclear theory.
14. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) The police barracks.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The local farm.
(d) Mather's home.
15. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
(a) Chrome atomes.
(b) Bicycle atoms.
(c) Air atoms.
(d) Animal atoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call his book about de Selby?
2. What do people become like when they change into bicycles?
3. What was the narrator's father's job?
4. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
5. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)