|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) His friends' problems.
(b) A range of problems.
(c) Insolvable problems.
(d) His own problems.
2. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
(a) Louise Lovett.
(b) Joanne McAnuff.
(c) Pegeen Meers.
(d) Adele McAnuff.
3. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
(a) The handle.
(b) The visible point.
(c) MacCruiskeen's hand.
(d) The narrator's face.
4. Who does the stranger threaten to murder?
(b) The narrator.
5. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
(a) A child.
(b) A watch.
(c) A car.
(d) A bicycle.
6. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
(a) Bordello like.
(b) One dimensional.
(c) Six dimensional.
(d) Gravity defying.
7. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
(a) God's anger.
(b) Any form of storytelling.
(c) Human anger.
(d) Any mode of transportation.
8. What does Mathers say he receives every year?
(a) A light yellow gown.
(b) Light yellow gloves.
(c) A light yellow hat.
(d) A light yellow tie.
9. Which of the following does de Selby regard as a vice?
10. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
11. What country does Pluck say the rest of the narrator's family has gone to?
(c) South Africa.
12. What crime does Pluck complain about?
(c) Bicycle crime.
(d) Car crime.
13. Who does Pluck say turned Fox mad?
14. What was Mather's job?
(a) A landlord.
(b) A barman.
(c) A cattleman.
(d) A shepherd.
15. What does the narrator say de Selby disapproves of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mathers use to answer each of the narrator's questions?
2. What does the narrator help Pluck look for?
3. What society does Finnucane say he is head of?
4. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
5. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)