|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
2. What does the narrator help Pluck look for?
(a) Mathers's money box.
(b) His gold watch.
(c) Gilhaney's bicycle.
(d) Diviney's gun.
3. Who does Pluck say Gilhaney tricked into riding his bicycle?
(a) A school girl.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A children's nany.
(d) A headmistress.
4. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
5. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A moneybox.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A wristwatch.
6. What do the doctors replace the narrator's leg with?
(a) Another human's leg.
(b) A prosthetic leg.
(c) A gorilla's leg.
(d) A wooden leg.
7. What part of the narrator's body do the doctors have to amputate?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His leg.
(d) His fingers.
8. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) De Selby's theory.
(b) Atomic theory.
(c) Time theory.
(d) Nuclear theory.
9. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
(a) He didn't come on a bicycle.
(b) He has too much hair.
(c) He speaks too loudly.
(d) He is three dimensional.
10. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
11. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
(a) A piano.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A flute.
12. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you are dead.
(b) If you are in love.
(c) If you get married.
(d) If you turn to God.
13. Who does Pluck assume is the narrator's father?
(a) The local farmer.
(c) The local butcher.
(d) A man with no name.
14. Who does Pluck describe as lecherous?
15. What does the narrator make up for himself as he walks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What society does Finnucane say he is head of?
2. What does de Selby claim to be able to use to see back in time?
3. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
4. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
5. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)