|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pluck what do bicycles eventually become?
2. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A tramp.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A builder.
(d) A writer.
3. What does the narrator call his book about de Selby?
(a) De Selby Uncovered.
(b) The de Selby Insight.
(c) De Selby Way.
(d) The de Selby Index.
4. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) Insolvable problems.
(b) His own problems.
(c) A range of problems.
(d) His friends' problems.
5. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
(a) John Divney.
(b) Frank O'Hara.
(c) Jack Mathers.
(d) Joe de Selby.
6. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandson.
7. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(a) The birds.
(b) The wind.
(d) His soul.
8. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
9. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
(a) A heavy chain.
(b) A bull ring.
(c) An iron pump.
(d) A steel kettle.
10. Who does Pluck assume is the narrator's father?
(a) A man with no name.
(b) The local farmer.
(c) The local butcher.
11. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
12. When does Fox come to the police barracks?
(a) During the night.
(b) During the afternoon.
(c) During the day.
13. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
(a) De Selby.
(b) His father.
14. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
(a) Any mode of transportation.
(b) Any form of storytelling.
(c) Human anger.
(d) God's anger.
15. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
(a) A mugging.
(b) A missing bike.
(c) A broken toy.
(d) A stolen wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
2. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
3. Who does the narrator set off to find the next morning?
4. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
5. Why does the narrator allow Divney to run the farm?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)