|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
(a) Non-fiction writing.
(d) Fiction writing.
2. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
3. What of the following does de Selby claim he did not use to make a journey?
4. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Money and watches.
(b) Shoes and hats.
(c) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(d) Credit cards and gold chains.
5. Where does Pluck find Gilhaney's bicycle?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In the underbrush.
(d) Behind a shed.
6. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His grandson.
(b) His great grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His brother.
7. What did the narrator's mother run?
(a) A pub.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A restaurant.
8. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
(a) The visible point.
(b) The handle.
(c) MacCruiskeen's hand.
(d) The narrator's face.
9. Who does the stranger threaten to murder?
(b) The narrator.
10. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
(a) Bicycle sheds.
(c) People's houses.
(d) Inside barns.
11. What do bicycles lean against in people's houses?
(a) Kitchen counters.
(d) Deck chairs.
12. What is the name of the second policeman who enters the office?
13. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tramp.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A builder.
14. Who does Divney suggest he and narrator rob and murder?
(a) Mary McCann.
(b) Jack Horace.
(c) Philip Mathers.
(d) Pegeen Meers.
15. What is Pluck's rank in the police force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathers say it means if a person has a light color?
2. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
3. What is the inspector's name at the police barracks?
4. What is the name of the third policeman?
5. What kind of problem did the boy have who asked Selby for help?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)