|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MacCruiskeen decide to put in the box?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Coffee beans.
(c) Another box.
(d) A miniature bicycle.
2. Who does Mathers say is in control of birth colors?
(a) Three priests.
(b) Three policemen.
(c) Three zoo keepers.
(d) Three fireman.
3. What do people become like when they change into bicycles?
(a) Stiff and rigid.
(b) Quiet and squeaky.
(c) Shiny and energetic.
(d) Humorless and sleepy.
4. What is the name of the second policeman who enters the office?
5. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A tramp.
(c) A writer.
(d) A builder.
6. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A riverbank.
(b) A canal boat.
(c) A park.
(d) A ditch.
7. What word does Mathers use to answer each of the narrator's questions?
8. How do people get road atoms inside of them?
(a) If they cycle.
(b) If they walk.
(c) If they drive.
(d) If they rest.
9. What of the following does de Selby claim he did not use to make a journey?
10. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
11. What is Pluck's rank in the police force?
12. What does de Selby claim to be able to use to see back in time?
(b) Coke bottles.
(d) Tea leaves.
13. What was Mather's job?
(a) A landlord.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A cattleman.
(d) A barman.
14. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator after the spear?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A sword.
(d) A miniature box.
15. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mathers say saw his birth color?
2. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
3. Who does the narrator see sitting in the corner of the room?
4. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
5. When does Mathers say a person has the color of wind?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)