|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pluck say stole Gilhaney's bike?
2. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
3. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(a) The birds.
(b) The wind.
(c) His soul.
4. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
(a) Quick movements.
(b) Flash movements.
(c) Slow movements.
(d) Still movements.
5. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
(a) The narrator needs to finish his job first.
(b) It is not yet safe to spend it.
(c) Divney cannot trust anyone.
(d) It needs time to develop interest.
6. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
(c) Horse hair.
7. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A piano.
(c) A flute.
(d) A guitar.
8. What color is the money box?
9. What is the inspector's name at the police barracks?
10. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
(a) The handle.
(b) MacCruiskeen's hand.
(c) The narrator's face.
(d) The visible point.
11. What does the narrator say de Selby disapproves of?
12. What country does Pluck say the rest of the narrator's family has gone to?
(d) South Africa.
13. What did the narrator's mother run?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A pub.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A cafe.
14. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
(a) Jack Dawes.
(b) Michael Gilhaney.
(c) Gordon Henry.
(d) Samuel Heaney.
15. Who does Pluck say turned Fox mad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Divney hide while the narrator beats Mathers to death?
2. What did the boy first consider when de Selby confused him with insolvable problems?
3. What does the narrator think the policemen can help him find?
4. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
5. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)