|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the third policeman?
2. Where does Divney claim he hid the money?
(a) In the pub cellar.
(b) Under the floorboards in Mather's house.
(c) The cabbage patch in the allottments.
(d) In the narrator's loft.
3. Who does Pluck say a watch cannot belong to?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A dead person.
(c) Someone with no name.
(d) An Irishman.
4. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
(a) Fiction writing.
(d) Non-fiction writing.
5. What did MacCruiskeen decide to put in the box?
(a) Another box.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) Coffee beans.
(d) A miniature bicycle.
6. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
(a) He has too much hair.
(b) He speaks too loudly.
(c) He didn't come on a bicycle.
(d) He is three dimensional.
7. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you are dead.
(b) If you turn to God.
(c) If you are in love.
(d) If you get married.
8. How do people get road atoms inside of them?
(a) If they cycle.
(b) If they rest.
(c) If they walk.
(d) If they drive.
9. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
10. Who does Pluck say Gilhaney tricked into riding his bicycle?
(a) A school girl.
(b) A school teacher.
(c) A headmistress.
(d) A children's nany.
11. What kind of houses does de Selby think people should own?
(a) Mobile houses.
(b) Floating houses.
(c) Detached houses.
(d) Roofless houses.
12. What does the narrator make up for himself as he walks?
13. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
14. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(b) Credit cards and gold chains.
(c) Shoes and hats.
(d) Money and watches.
15. What is the name of the first book the narrator reads by de Selby?
(a) Stopped Time.
(b) Time Looping.
(c) Golden Hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
2. Who does the stranger introduce himself as?
3. What color is the money box?
4. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
5. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)