|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Pluck say the rest of the narrator's family has gone to?
(b) South Africa.
2. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
(a) Six dimensional.
(b) One dimensional.
(c) Bordello like.
(d) Gravity defying.
3. What word does Mathers use to answer each of the narrator's questions?
4. Where does Pluck find Gilhaney's bicycle?
(a) In the underbrush.
(b) In a barn.
(c) Behind a tree.
(d) Behind a shed.
5. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
6. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A flute.
(c) A piano.
(d) A guitar.
7. What does Divney hide while the narrator beats Mathers to death?
(a) Mather's moneybox.
(b) Mather's gold watch.
(c) Mather's wallet.
(d) Mather's clothes.
8. When does Fox come to the police barracks?
(a) During the night.
(c) During the afternoon.
(d) During the day.
9. What does Mathers say he receives every year?
(a) Light yellow gloves.
(b) A light yellow hat.
(c) A light yellow tie.
(d) A light yellow gown.
10. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Credit cards and gold chains.
(b) Shoes and hats.
(c) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(d) Money and watches.
11. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
(a) A heavy chain.
(b) An iron pump.
(c) A steel kettle.
(d) A bull ring.
12. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) The local farm.
(b) The police barracks.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) Mather's home.
13. What does the narrator think the policemen can help him find?
(a) His wrist watch.
(b) The blackbox.
(c) His bicycle.
(d) His Gun.
14. Who does Divney suggest he and narrator rob and murder?
(a) Mary McCann.
(b) Philip Mathers.
(c) Jack Horace.
(d) Pegeen Meers.
15. What do the doctors replace the narrator's leg with?
(a) Another human's leg.
(b) A prosthetic leg.
(c) A gorilla's leg.
(d) A wooden leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
2. According to Pluck what does a bicycle rider eventually become?
3. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
4. Who does Pluck say turned Fox mad?
5. What kind of problem did the boy have who asked Selby for help?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)