|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe Mathers to be?
(a) Mathers' soul.
(b) Mathers' son.
(c) Mathers' twin.
(d) Mathers' guardian angel.
2. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
3. Who does Pluck blame everything on?
(a) The county council.
(b) The goverment.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The British,
4. What does the narrator say has changed since he entered Mathers' house?
(a) The seasons.
(b) His sense of danger.
(c) The air.
(d) His mood.
5. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandson.
(c) His brother.
(d) His great grandfather.
6. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
(b) De Selby.
(d) His father.
7. What does the narrator make up for himself as he walks?
8. Where does Divney wait as the narrator goes to find the moneybox?
(a) In the local forest.
(b) Outside Mather's house.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At the narrator's house.
9. What does the narrator say de Selby disapproves of?
10. What did the boy first consider when de Selby confused him with insolvable problems?
11. What part of the narrator's body do the doctors have to amputate?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His arm.
(d) His fingers.
12. What does Mathers say it means if a person has a light color?
(a) He will become a success.
(b) He will fail.
(c) He will live longer.
(d) He is virile.
13. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
(a) Bicycle sheds.
(b) Inside barns.
(d) People's houses.
14. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
(a) Divney cannot trust anyone.
(b) It is not yet safe to spend it.
(c) The narrator needs to finish his job first.
(d) It needs time to develop interest.
15. What is the name of the third policeman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
2. What is Finnucane's leg made from?
3. Who does Mathers say saw his birth color?
4. What does the narrator think the policemen can help him find?
5. What does Divney hide while the narrator beats Mathers to death?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)