|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's father's job?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A cook.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A landlord.
2. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
(a) He has too much hair.
(b) He speaks too loudly.
(c) He didn't come on a bicycle.
(d) He is three dimensional.
3. What part of the narrator's body do the doctors have to amputate?
(a) His foot.
(b) His arm.
(c) His fingers.
(d) His leg.
4. Who does Mathers say saw his birth color?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A reverend.
5. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
(a) Frank O'Hara.
(b) John Divney.
(c) Jack Mathers.
(d) Joe de Selby.
6. Why does Divney refuse to tell the narrator where he has hidden the money?
(a) It is not yet safe to spend it.
(b) Divney cannot trust anyone.
(c) The narrator needs to finish his job first.
(d) It needs time to develop interest.
7. What did the boy first consider when de Selby confused him with insolvable problems?
8. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
9. How do people get road atoms inside of them?
(a) If they walk.
(b) If they cycle.
(c) If they drive.
(d) If they rest.
10. Other than his wooden leg what else does Martin share with the narrator?
(a) He is a murderer.
(b) He has black hair.
(c) He owns a farm.
(d) He has a simmilar smile.
11. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
(a) A stolen wallet.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A missing bike.
(d) A broken toy.
12. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
(a) Louise Lovett.
(b) Pegeen Meers.
(c) Joanne McAnuff.
(d) Adele McAnuff.
13. Who does Pluck say stole Gilhaney's bike?
14. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Credit cards and gold chains.
(b) Shoes and hats.
(c) Money and watches.
(d) Cigars and snuff boxes.
15. According to Pluck what do bicycles eventually become?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe Mathers to be?
2. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
3. What is the name of the first book the narrator reads by de Selby?
4. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
5. What is transferred to a human when he or she rides a bike?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)