|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Divney suggest he and narrator rob and murder?
(a) Pegeen Meers.
(b) Mary McCann.
(c) Jack Horace.
(d) Philip Mathers.
2. Which of the following does de Selby regard as a vice?
3. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
(a) A watch.
(b) A car.
(c) A child.
(d) A bicycle.
4. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you turn to God.
(b) If you are dead.
(c) If you get married.
(d) If you are in love.
5. What name does the narrator give his soul?
6. What theory does Pluck explain to the narrator?
(a) De Selby's theory.
(b) Atomic theory.
(c) Time theory.
(d) Nuclear theory.
7. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A canal boat.
(c) A park.
(d) A riverbank.
8. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
(a) A bull ring.
(b) A heavy chain.
(c) A steel kettle.
(d) An iron pump.
9. Who does Pluck say a watch cannot belong to?
(a) Someone with no name.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A dead person.
(d) An Irishman.
10. What did MacCruiskeen decide to put in the box?
(a) A miniature bicycle.
(b) Coffee beans.
(c) Another box.
(d) A gold watch.
11. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
(a) Still movements.
(b) Slow movements.
(c) Flash movements.
(d) Quick movements.
12. What kind of drink does Divney go in search of?
13. What part of the narrator's body do the doctors have to amputate?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His foot.
(d) His fingers.
14. What color is the money box?
15. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathers say it means if a person has a light color?
2. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
3. What is Mathers' birth color?
4. Who does Pluck say turned Fox mad?
5. What is the name of the first book the narrator reads by de Selby?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)