|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finnucane point the narrator towards?
(a) The police barracks.
(b) Mather's home.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The local farm.
2. What word does Mathers use to answer each of the narrator's questions?
3. What does de Selby's theory about roads state a road has?
(a) A destiny.
(b) A God.
(c) A soul.
(d) A character.
4. What is different about Mathers' neck?
(a) It is bandaged.
(b) It looks longer.
(c) It is green.
(d) It is has split open.
5. Who does the narrator want to publish a book about?
(a) De Selby.
(b) His father.
6. What starts to go missing from the customers when Divney comes back with his new drink?
(a) Shoes and hats.
(b) Cigars and snuff boxes.
(c) Money and watches.
(d) Credit cards and gold chains.
7. What society does Finnucane say he is head of?
(a) One legged men.
(b) Robbers' rights.
(c) Wind color seekers.
(d) Police rights.
8. Which of the following does de Selby regard as a vice?
9. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A spear.
(d) A pen.
10. What did MacCruiskeen decide to put in the box?
(a) Another box.
(b) Coffee beans.
(c) A miniature bicycle.
(d) A gold watch.
11. What does the narrator say mocks him as he makes up names for himself?
(b) The wind.
(c) The birds.
(d) His soul.
12. How does the narrator describe the police barracks?
(a) Six dimensional.
(b) One dimensional.
(c) Gravity defying.
(d) Bordello like.
13. What does de Selby claim life is a series of?
(a) Quick movements.
(b) Flash movements.
(c) Slow movements.
(d) Still movements.
14. When does Fox come to the police barracks?
(a) During the day.
(b) During the night.
(d) During the afternoon.
15. What does the narrator make up for himself as he walks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the invisible point on the spear stretch 6 inches in front of?
2. What do people become like when they change into bicycles?
3. Who does Mathers say saw his birth color?
4. What is Mathers' birth color?
5. What does the narrator say he has had stolen?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)