|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you are in love.
(b) If you are dead.
(c) If you turn to God.
(d) If you get married.
2. Why does the narrator allow Divney to run the farm?
(a) So he can write his book.
(b) So he can attend parties.
(c) So he can run his own business.
(d) So he can relax.
3. What does Pluck say everything is made from?
4. What did MacCruiskeen decide to put in the box?
(a) Coffee beans.
(b) A miniature bicycle.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) Another box.
5. Which of the policeman does Mathers say has been missing for twenty-five years?
6. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
(a) His own problems.
(b) Insolvable problems.
(c) A range of problems.
(d) His friends' problems.
7. What color is the money box?
8. What is the name of the second policeman who enters the office?
9. Where does Mathers say the other policemen can be found?
(a) The hobbit hole.
(b) The grave yard.
(c) The police barracks.
(d) The church.
10. What does de Selby claim to be able to use to see back in time?
(b) Coke bottles.
(c) Tea leaves.
11. Where do bicycles go during bad weather?
(a) Inside barns.
(c) People's houses.
(d) Bicycle sheds.
12. Who does Pluck blame everything on?
(a) The goverment.
(b) The British,
(c) The Americans.
(d) The county council.
13. What is the name of the first book the narrator reads by de Selby?
(b) Stopped Time.
(c) Time Looping.
(d) Golden Hours.
14. Where does the narrator lie down to sleep?
(a) A canal boat.
(b) A riverbank.
(c) A park.
(d) A ditch.
15. Who does Pluck say a watch cannot belong to?
(a) A dead person.
(b) A murderer.
(c) An Irishman.
(d) Someone with no name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pluck claim is dangerous?
2. Who does Mathers say is in control of birth colors?
3. Who does Pluck say Gilhaney tricked into riding his bicycle?
4. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
5. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)