|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
(a) Michael Gilhaney.
(b) Jack Dawes.
(c) Samuel Heaney.
(d) Gordon Henry.
2. What does Pluck presume the narrator is inquiring about?
(a) A missing bike.
(b) A mugging.
(c) A broken toy.
(d) A stolen wallet.
3. What does Pluck say bicycles are made from?
(a) Small atoms of humans.
(b) Small atoms of animals.
(c) Small atoms of air.
(d) Small atoms of bicycle.
4. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
5. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His brother.
6. What is Pluck's rank in the police force?
7. What medium does de Selby compare life to?
(a) Fiction writing.
(d) Non-fiction writing.
8. What kind of miniature instrument does MacCruiskeen own?
(a) A piano.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A flute.
(d) A guitar.
9. What is the name of the second policeman who enters the office?
10. When does Fox come to the police barracks?
(a) During the afternoon.
(b) During the day.
(c) During the night.
11. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A builder.
(b) A writer.
(c) A tramp.
(d) A murderer.
12. What career did the boy de Selby confused eventually turn to?
13. What does Mathers say has different colors?
14. What is Mathers' birth color?
(a) Light yellow.
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Light green.
(d) Dark red.
15. According to Pluck what do bicycles eventually become?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to attack Mathers?
2. What is the name of the man who runs the narrator's farm?
3. What does Divney use to hit Mathers?
4. What does Mathers say it means if a person has a light color?
5. What did de Selby confuse the boy with?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)