|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of his family does Pluck say turned into a horse?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What does de Selby think is the only way you can travel on the long dimension of the earth?
(a) If you are dead.
(b) If you get married.
(c) If you turn to God.
(d) If you are in love.
3. What does the man sitting near the narrator reveal himself to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A builder.
(d) A tramp.
4. What is the inspector's name at the police barracks?
5. What has Gilhaney come in to report missing?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A car.
(c) A child.
(d) A watch.
6. What is different about Mathers' neck?
(a) It is bandaged.
(b) It looks longer.
(c) It is green.
(d) It is has split open.
7. What is so thin on the spear that it is invisible?
(a) Its handle.
(b) Its point.
(c) Its feathers.
(d) Its sheaf.
8. Why does MacCruiskeen think the narrator is strange?
(a) He has too much hair.
(b) He is three dimensional.
(c) He didn't come on a bicycle.
(d) He speaks too loudly.
9. Which of the following does de Selby regard as a vice?
10. What did the boy first consider when de Selby confused him with insolvable problems?
11. What happens when one's gowns turn to black?
(a) He dies.
(b) He becomes a hermit.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He goes on a pilgrimage.
12. What does the narrator think the policemen can help him find?
(a) His Gun.
(b) The blackbox.
(c) His wrist watch.
(d) His bicycle.
13. What is the name of the local man who enters the police barracks?
(a) Gordon Henry.
(b) Michael Gilhaney.
(c) Jack Dawes.
(d) Samuel Heaney.
14. Who is the only person who can hear the piano's music?
15. What does the narrator say has changed since he entered Mathers' house?
(a) The seasons.
(b) His mood.
(c) His sense of danger.
(d) The air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of problem did the boy have who asked Selby for help?
2. What does MacCruiskeen show the narrator after the spear?
3. What does Mathers say he receives every year?
4. What does Pluck say Gilhaney is turning into?
5. What is the name of Divney's girlfriend?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)