* The narrator describes how his father and mother died when he was young. His father was a farmer and his mother was pub owner.
* When his parents died the narrator was sent off to school. Here he discovered the philosophy of de Selby.
* After school, the narrator broke his leg. The doctors had to amputate and replace it with a wooden leg.
* A man called John Divney starts to run the narrator's farm while the narrator works on his book about de Selby.
* The narrator describes how Divney wanted to marry a girl called Pegeen Meers, but needed money to do so. At the same the narrator needed money to publish his book about de Selby. They both decided they only way they could get the money was to murder and rob Philip Mathers.
* The narrator and Divney confront Mathers. While the narrator beats him to...
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)