|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene say Republicans like her?
2. Why does the person Mitch calls have multiple phones?
3. Why does Mitch want to keep Villaume alive?
4. At the end of Chapter 30, about what is Clark secretly pleased?
5. Where is Mitch looking at profiles on the computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mitch returns to his house with Special Agent Salem?
2. Describe the conversation between Mitch and Cameron in Chapter 40.
3. Describe the conversation between Cameron and Villaume in Chapter 27.
4. What does Mitch find in Anna's apartment, and what does he say when he phones Irene?
5. What does Mitch do to Special Agent Salem, and what does he command Salem to do?
6. In Chapter 22, what does Mitch tell Anna when he calls her?
7. Describe Mitch's means of invading Stansfield's house.
8. Describe Donatella Rahn.
9. What does Villaume tell Mitch about the person who hired him to kill the Jansens?
10. Why does Irene visit Stansfield in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (manipulation, assassination, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the different characters?
Essay Topic 3
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)