|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mitch enters the house, with whom is Duser on the phone?
2. Mitch thinks the leak in government comes from what source?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 36, what does Mitch demand Cameron to tell him?
4. Who tells the kidnappers not to go near Anna?
5. Who traces Mitch's call to Cameron?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Mitch tell Anna when he calls her?
2. Describe the conversation between Mitch and Cameron in Chapter 36.
3. How does Mitch feel about Villaume?
4. Explain Donatella Rahn's role in Chapter 25.
5. How and why does Clark plan to kill Mitch and Anna?
6. Why is Clark angry in Chapter 24, and what does he decide?
7. Describe Donatella Rahn.
8. What does Mitch think about the thermal images he matches on the monitor which shows his house?
9. Why does Irene visit Stansfield in Chapter 21?
10. Describe Mitch's means of invading Stansfield's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the distinct plots in "The Third Option"? How do these separate plots combine to create the novel as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
How are the different symbols (CIA, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of politics in this novel? What events are driven by politics and the struggle for power? How are characters viewed based on their political influence?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)