|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch burn in Freiburg?
2. What do President Hayes' photographs show?
3. What does Clark tell Rudin and Midleton they should try to dissuade the President from doing?
4. Who fires two shots when the Jansens walk out of their house?
5. What is Mitch's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who flies to Colorado with Cameron and why?
2. Who is Anna Reilly, and what does she want?
3. In Chapter 9, who does Mitch email, and why?
4. Describe Irene's conversation with Thomas Stansfield in Chapter 8.
5. Who is Marcus Dumond, and why does Mitch contact him upon his arrival in Washington?
6. How does Coleman's team work well together?
7. What happens when the Jansens exit their home?
8. What does Mitch do at the airport in Germany?
9. What is Mitch doing at the beginning of Chapter 1, and how does he feel about it?
10. What happens to Mitch during his mission, and how does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the motif of government secrecy play in "The Third Option"? Why is this motif important to the novel's plot?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (manipulation, assassination, etc.) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the different characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mitch Rapp and Scott Coleman. How are their relationships with their superiors similar and different?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)