|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mitch and his partners wipe the cottage clean?
2. What does Villanue request that Cameron refuses to give?
3. What does Mitch tell Irene about this mission when he phones from Germany?
4. Why is Anna hysterical despite being safe at the O'Rourke's house?
5. Who does Irene talk to at Camp David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael O'Rourke think about as he drives to Anna's house?
2. How does Coleman's team work well together?
3. Describe the CIA's Orion Team.
4. Why is Mitch sent to Germany to assassinate Count Heinrich Hagenmiller V?
5. Why is Peter Cameron in a bad mood in Chapter 7?
6. Who calls the police, why, and how do the police react?
7. What does Mitch do at the airport in Germany?
8. What does Mitch do in Freiburg?
9. Describe Mitch's phone conversation with Irene Kennedy.
10. What happens between Jeff Duser and Mario Lukas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
How does the third person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel be different if another point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "The Third Option" as a political thriller. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical political thriller? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as a political thriller? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as a political thriller?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)