|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Irene permission to kill Count Heinrich Hagenmiller IV?
2. What does Irene tell her boss?
3. What does Irene talk about at Camp David?
4. Why does the CIA need a professional job to retrieve their agents?
5. What does Clark say Irene will be forced to do if Rudin takes her in front of his committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter Cameron in a bad mood in Chapter 7?
2. What happens between Jeff Duser and Mario Lukas?
3. How does Coleman's team work well together?
4. What do Anna and Michael discuss at the O'Rourkes' house, and how is their disagreement resolved?
5. What does Hackett ask Coleman about their mission, and how does Coleman respond?
6. Describe the CIA's Orion Team.
7. Describe Mitch's phone conversation with Irene Kennedy.
8. In Chapter 16, what does Cameron tell Clark, and how does Clark react?
9. What does Clark do to cause dissension between the Democrats?
10. Who does Mitch think tried to kill him, and what does he do the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the effect of the language and writing style in "The Third Option"? How does Flynn's tone affect the reader's interpretation of this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "The Third Option"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of politics in this novel? What events are driven by politics and the struggle for power? How are characters viewed based on their political influence?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)