|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mitch tell Villaume he needs his help?
(a) To find out who was trying to kill him.
(b) To take over Irene Kennedy's job.
(c) To save Thomas Stansfield from death.
(d) To search for the Jansens.
2. Why does Mitch want to keep Villaume alive?
(a) They have been friends for a long time.
(b) Villaume will pay him.
(c) He is the only link to the Jansens.
(d) Anna is related to Villaume.
3. What does Mitch want Salem to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Beg for his life.
(c) Get Anna out of the house.
(d) Go to the house and ask where the girl is.
4. What does Mitch find in Anna's living room?
(a) Her spilled purse.
(b) A broken window.
(c) A listening device.
5. Who phones Gus Villaume?
(a) Anna Reilly.
(b) Irene Kennedy.
(c) Thomas Stansfield.
(d) Peter Cameron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitch call after talking to Villaume?
2. Why is Clark angry in Chapter 24?
3. What does Mitch do to the man in the Sedan at the gas station?
4. What does Mitch find at Anna's apartment?
5. Who tells President Hayes that there may be a leak in the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cameron's two phone lines.
2. What does Cameron tell Anna at Mitch's house?
3. What does Stansfield discuss with President Hayes in Chapter 32?
4. In Chapter 22, what does Mitch tell Anna when he calls her?
5. How does Mitch become convinced that Irene did not order his death?
6. Describe the conversation between Mitch and Cameron in Chapter 36.
7. What does Clark discuss with Rudin, Midleton and Jonathan Brown in Chapter 30?
8. How does Mitch feel about Villaume?
9. Why does Irene visit Stansfield in Chapter 21?
10. Describe the conversation between Mitch and Cameron in Chapter 40.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)