|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did European animals include?
2. What took place during this same time?
3. What enabled this population explosion?
4. What was one of the last major first contacts?
5. Why do gazelles exhibit this behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is exobiology?
2. What is the purpose of the Epilogue?
3. What does the author suggest about the species on Earth and extinction rates?
4. What occurred when European settlers first arrived in Tasmania?
5. What is genocide?
6. What do first contacts involve?
7. What is a prevalent habit among modern peoples of all time?
8. What was one of the last major first contacts?
9. What is Blitzkrieg?
10. What does the Green Bank formula do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book investigates the power of race when choosing a mate.
Part 1) Why is this a controversial investigation? Why is the topic of race very inflammatory?
Part 2) According to the book, how important is race when choosing a mate? Why?
Part 3) Is the power of race as important today as it was a century ago? Why or why not? Does this prove or disprove the author's research? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
This book discusses menopause.
Part 1) What is menopause? How is it unique among humans? Why is it unique among humans?
Part 2) What are the benefits of menopause, according to the author? Is he able to back up his claims? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you agree with the author's theory about menopause? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author recapitulates human evolutionary history from the earliest upright hominids to modern humans.
Part 1) Describe the evolution of man. Why do various changes take place? How do these many changes make humans what they are today?
Part 2) Could this evolutionary history be disputed? Why or why not?
Part 3) Will humans continue to evolve? Why or why not? Is each generation of humans evolving? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)