|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is genocide a common occurrence in human history?
(b) In some cultures.
(d) Only by Western cultures.
2. What was a nickname for these type of people in the civilizations?
(a) Beautiful peasants.
(b) Noble savages.
(c) Crazy natives.
(d) Ignorant beasts.
3. How many species have been scientifically enumerated?
(a) 50 million.
(b) 2 billion.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 10 million.
4. What is it called when a gazelle sees a lion stalking it and does not run?
5. Within about 1,000 years what had these people done?
(a) Gone extinct.
(b) Travelled to Central America.
(c) Arrived in North America.
(d) Colonized North and South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what are first contacts usually characterized?
2. What did the Europeans do to these people?
3. What is a theoretical pursuit that ponders the likely nature and possible existence of extra-terrestrial life and intelligence?
4. What is encouraging about the final paragraphs?
5. By what do many suggest that today's societal ills could be eliminated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What principle is used to explain why animals can be self-destructive?
2. What does the Green Bank formula do?
3. When and where was PIE initially used?
4. What is exobiology?
5. How does the author conclude the text?
6. What has been discovered about various human settlers?
7. Describe European expansion.
8. What do first contacts involve?
9. What enabled population expansion?
10. What languages dominate the world?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)