|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are human females nearly unique among animals?
(a) They are assisted by a male when raising children.
(b) In menopause.
(c) They produce live young.
(d) They carry their children for nine months prior to birth.
2. To qualify an object as art, the author suggests that it must fulfill how many qualities?
3. With what is every reproductive event for a human female filled?
4. How do scientists know that about four millions of years ago the first proto-human hominids began to walk upright?
(a) The food eaten by the proto-human hominids is different than previous species.
(b) From analyzing skeletal limb changes discovered in the fossil record.
(c) Footprints have been left by these proto-human hominids.
(d) The skeletons of chimpanzees have been found from the same time period.
5. Why must women be highly selective in extra-marital sexual partners?
(a) To avoid becoming emotionally attached.
(b) They risk contracting diseases.
(c) To avoid compromise or disclosure.
(d) They are supported by society.
Short Answer Questions
1. In most primates, sexually receptive females exhibit what?
2. When did a great division in the human lineage occur?
3. Does penis size correspond to frequency of sexual intercourse?
4. What does evidence suggest about how long race has been a characteristic of modern humans?
5. What race was heavily built and physically powerful with a very large brain case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about the first proto-human hominids?
2. What is an optimal organism?
3. What evidence exists about people who are raised around members of a race different from their own genetic race?
4. How are females nearly unique among animals in menopause?
5. What is the significance of human language?
6. What are other traits are highly correlated to sexual attractiveness?
7. What does the author say about death?
8. What other creatures also practice agriculture, besides humans?
9. What is known about animal vocalizations?
10. How significant is race when picking a partner?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)