|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author conclude about agriculture?
(a) It is essential to human survival.
(b) It is the superior form of providing food.
(c) It is a mixed blessing practiced by humans.
(d) It is the inferior form of providing food.
2. Of what have several researchers focused on the vocalizations?
(a) Wild Canadian Geese.
(b) Domesticated donkeys.
(c) Wild African Zebras.
(d) Wild vervet monkeys.
3. The artistic endeavors of what animals are presented and considered?
(a) Birds and a horse.
(b) Chimpanzees and an elephant.
(c) A lion and mice.
(d) Dogs and cats.
4. What is an optimal organism?
(a) One that has a few maximized parts rather than one that is equally balanced.
(b) One that is balanced and has a few maximized parts.
(c) One that is balanced because a few maximized parts do not create an optimal organism.
(d) One that has a few maximized parts.
5. What does this society not show?
(a) An interest in hunting and gathering.
(b) The inability to think critically.
(c) Innovation or variability over vast geological areas and enormous time spans.
(d) The lack of innovation once thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can men supposedly enjoy extra-marital sex with a minimum of consequences?
2. Why do races tend to remain established and distinct?
3. What do paleopathology investigations demonstrate conclusively?
4. With what does the chapter conclude?
5. What is the purpose of the bowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are females nearly unique among animals in menopause?
2. What is known about animal vocalizations?
3. What are other traits are highly correlated to sexual attractiveness?
4. How significant is race when picking a partner?
5. What is the significance of human language?
6. What is the purpose of this chapter?
7. What is one of the most instructive avenues of investigation on human sexual attraction?
8. How is the study of testis and penis size among primates useful?
9. What is the author's conclusion about art?
10. What does the author suggest about humans and chimpanzees?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)