|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Green Bank estimates indicate?
(a) Extra-terrestrial life and intelligence is rediculous.
(b) Extra-terrestrial life and intelligence should be plentiful.
(c) Extra-terrestrial life and intelligence is minimal.
(d) Extra-terrestrial life and intelligence is non-existent.
2. By what do many suggest that today's societal ills could be eliminated?
(a) A return to a fondly remembered era of peace and environmental purity.
(b) Working toward a better future and an era of peace and environmental purity.
(c) Enjoy the present, since there is not much hope in the future.
(d) Look to the past as a way to learn from previous mistakes.
3. One percent of North American birds have become extinct since what year?
4. What is the Green Bank formula?
(a) A bank that is beneficial for the environment.
(b) A mathematical process that putatively determines the number of intelligent species in the universe.
(c) An organic blood bank.
(d) A political organization.
5. What types of behaviors do many animals exhibit?
(a) Behaviors that are detrimental to their enemies.
(b) Behaviors that attract members of the opposite sex.
(c) Behaviors that protect their lives.
(d) Behaviors that seem dangerous.
6. What did some European inhabitants of Australia argue should be carried out in Australia?
(a) More assimilation.
(b) Less assimilation.
(c) Less genocide.
(d) A similar genocide.
7. In what did this population explosion and its enabler result?
(a) Organized, permanent villages of native peoples.
(b) A mixture of emigrants and native peoples.
(c) Massive emigrations and displacements of native peoples.
(d) The mating of emigrants with native peoples.
8. How were these peoples referred?
(a) The Clovis culture.
(b) The Clover culture.
(c) The Folsom culture.
(d) The Folter culture.
9. What do first contacts involve?
(a) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are sometimes more technologically advanced.
(b) The first pair of lenses one wears after the use of glasses.
(c) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are nearly always less technologically advanced.
(d) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are nearly always more technologically advanced.
10. What enabled Europeans to pursue their conquests?
(a) They had more people than the native people.
(b) They were more powerful and more intelligent.
(c) They carried social diseases, had better technology, used advanced writing, and featured large-scale political organizations.
(d) They had a better understanding about the natural world around them.
11. What is the conclusion of the woodpecker research?
(a) All woodpeckers are descended from a common ancestral species.
(b) All woodpeckers are descended from several ancestral species.
(c) All woodpeckers are descended from two ancestral species.
(d) Some woodpeckers are descended from a common ancestral species.
12. Does drug abuse cross all social and cultural boundaries?
(a) Only in Third World countries.
(c) Only Western cultures.
13. What was discovered on this expedition?
(a) Thousands of people known as the Dani.
(b) Hundreds of people known as the Dani.
(c) Hundreds of people known as the Canari.
(d) Thousands of people known as the Canari.
14. How many imminent risks to survival does humanity face?
15. Within about 1,000 years what had these people done?
(a) Arrived in North America.
(b) Gone extinct.
(c) Travelled to Central America.
(d) Colonized North and South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is alarming about what the Europeans did?
2. What is a prevalent habit among modern peoples of all time?
3. What took place during this same time?
4. What is the term for the extinction of these animals due to hunting?
5. Why do gazelles exhibit this behavior?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)