1. In Chapter 1, to what is the species Homo sapiens compared and contrasted?
2. Recently, molecular data obtained from DNA hybridization suggests what?
Humans, chimpanzees, and gorilla are all very closely genetically related.
3. The chimp species (Pan troglodytes) shares what percent of its DNA in common with the pygmy chimp species (Pan paniscus)?
4. Both chimps and humans share what percent of their DNA in common with the gorilla species?
5. When do chimps, humans, and gorillas break off from the remaining higher primates?
C. 15 millions of years ago.
6. When do gorillas then separate?
C. 10 millions of years ago.
This section contains 5,829 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)