|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Accidental Conquerors.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around 10,000 BCE what was the world's approximate human population?
(a) 1 billion.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 1 million.
(d) 100 million.
2. What has been learned about this species?
(a) They use at least fifteen distinct sounds to convey specific meanings.
(b) They use at least five distinct sounds to convey specific meanings.
(c) They use at least ten distinct sounds to convey specific meanings.
(d) They use at least twenty distinct sounds to convey specific meanings.
3. To qualify an object as art, the author suggests that it must fulfill how many qualities?
4. There is a strong correlation between sexual size dimorphism and what?
5. Why is human sexuality an unusually developed trait for primates?
(a) Most primates rarely engage in sexual acts.
(b) It is very connected to reproduction.
(c) Humans are monogamous.
(d) It is largely divorced from reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around 500,000 years ago, H. erectus appears to have given rise to who?
2. What is considered by most scientists to be uniquely human?
3. How does the author believe that humans and chimps should properly be considered to be?
4. Eventually A. robustus became extinct and A. africanus gave rise to who?
5. What does the fact that the many vocalizations among groups of the same species vary significantly from group to group indicate?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)