|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Golden Age That Never Was.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the size ratio between a male and female in monogamous species?
(a) The male is usually larger than the female.
(b) The size is not of importance.
(c) The female is usually larger than the male.
(d) They are usually the same size.
2. What is a theoretical pursuit that ponders the likely nature and possible existence of extra-terrestrial life and intelligence?
3. What does evidence suggest about how long race has been a characteristic of modern humans?
(a) A very short time.
(b) A somewhat long time.
(c) A very long time.
(d) A somewhat short time.
4. In what did this population explosion and its enabler result?
(a) A mixture of emigrants and native peoples.
(b) Massive emigrations and displacements of native peoples.
(c) Organized, permanent villages of native peoples.
(d) The mating of emigrants with native peoples.
5. What do first contacts involve?
(a) The first pair of lenses one wears after the use of glasses.
(b) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are nearly always more technologically advanced.
(c) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are sometimes more technologically advanced.
(d) The initial encounter between previously isolated native peoples with previously unknown external peoples who are nearly always less technologically advanced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were many of these scientific studies about extra-marital sexual unions never published?
2. How are humans unique among primates?
3. Why do races tend to remain established and distinct?
4. Why does the author reason "like marries like?"
5. Is genocide a common occurrence in human history?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)