|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Sexual Selection, and the Origin of Human Races.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charles Darwin realize about many organisms' traits?
(a) They sometimes have survival benefits.
(b) They always have survival benefits.
(c) They often have survival benefits.
(d) They do not appear to give any survival benefit, and some are adverse to survival.
2. Eventually A. robustus became extinct and A. africanus gave rise to who?
(a) Homo sapiens.
(b) Homo ergaster.
(c) Homo erectus.
(d) Homo habilis.
3. What does the author say about primates with small testes?
(a) They mate frequently.
(b) They are more complaisant.
(c) They are more aggressive.
(d) They mate infrequently.
4. There is a strong correlation between sexual size dimorphism and what?
5. How are humans unique among primates?
(a) They are both social and polygamous.
(b) They perform sexual acts frequently.
(c) They are both social and monogamous.
(d) The are isolated and monogamous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author once again consider regarding extra-marital sex?
2. What is a fundamental aspect of humanity and in general is easy to determine even by non-experts?
3. What primates are monogamous and solitary?
4. The disparate goals in sexuality between sexes have been extensively investigated where?
5. What does this say about secretive extra-marital sexual unions?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)