|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Sexual Selection, and the Origin of Human Races.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fundamental aspect of humanity and in general is easy to determine even by non-experts?
(c) Country of origin.
2. What does this say about secretive extra-marital sexual unions?
(a) They are in fact exceptionally common among couples who are polygamous.
(b) They are in fact very rare among couples who are monogamous.
(c) They are in fact very rare among couples who are polygamous.
(d) They are in fact exceptionally common among couples who self-identify as exclusively monogamous.
3. What does research show about those who are of one race and are raised by members of another race?
(a) They are attracted to the race in which they were raised.
(b) They are attracted to those of either race.
(c) They are not attracted to anyone of either race.
(d) They are attracted to those of their own race.
4. Can natural selection explain these traits?
5. Why is human sexuality an unusually developed trait for primates?
(a) Most primates rarely engage in sexual acts.
(b) Humans are monogamous.
(c) It is very connected to reproduction.
(d) It is largely divorced from reproduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a great division in the human lineage occur?
2. The author presents a greatly simplified view of the evolutionary process where numerous uncertain elements are noted but dismissed. For what does this allow?
3. This view on sexual strategies is completely consistent with what?
4. What does evidence suggest about how long race has been a characteristic of modern humans?
5. Why does the author reason "like marries like?"
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)