|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Sexual Selection, and the Origin of Human Races.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sexual strategy does the author say individual humans should adopt?
(a) One that is the safest.
(b) One that maximizes their individual reproductive success.
(c) One that is polygamous.
(d) One that is monogamous.
2. One of the most intriguing results of this analysis is the observation of ___________________________.
(a) Coronation coefficients.
(b) Correlation components.
(c) Coronation components.
(d) Correlation coefficients.
3. What does this say about secretive extra-marital sexual unions?
(a) They are in fact very rare among couples who are monogamous.
(b) They are in fact exceptionally common among couples who self-identify as exclusively monogamous.
(c) They are in fact exceptionally common among couples who are polygamous.
(d) They are in fact very rare among couples who are polygamous.
4. When did a great division in the human lineage occur?
(a) About thirteen millions of years ago.
(b) About three billions of years ago.
(c) About thirty millions of years ago.
(d) About three millions of years ago.
5. To what is the pair bonding found among humans probably due?
(a) The inordinately high burden of childcare found within human societies.
(b) The need for a permanent mate.
(c) The need for having many children.
(d) The difficulty of surviving on one's own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 5 begin by examining?
2. Where is there a disparity regarding adulterous relationships?
3. What primates are monogamous and solitary?
4. How are humans unique among primates?
5. Eventually A. robustus became extinct and A. africanus gave rise to who?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)