|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Horses, Hittites, and History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical traits tend to be significant for an individual's attraction to someone else?
(a) Traits that closely approximate their own.
(b) Traits that are not dominant in one's own.
(c) Traits that contrast with one's own.
(d) Traits that are different from one's own.
2. What final set of traits is clearly correlated to sexual attractiveness?
(a) Nearly all physical traits.
(c) Socioeconomic status.
3. Why are studies of sexual attractiveness in humans difficult to do?
(a) Humans often lie.
(b) Humans are difficult to trust.
(c) Human studies must rely on subjective interviews or careful examination of secondary effects.
(d) Humans do not want to take place in studies.
4. Does an analysis of today's few remaining hunter-gatherer societies suggest that the conventional wisdom is correct?
(a) Only in certain climates in the world.
(d) In some cultures.
5. Is agriculture the golden solution for human survival?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) In some cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did agriculture give rise?
2. Why does the author reason "like marries like?"
3. Ideals of beauty vary ___________________ from culture to culture.
4. How selective are humans across an array of traits?
5. What is the result of this evidence?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)