|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl worry about concerning Boaz?
(a) He might be suicidal.
(b) He might be on drugs.
(c) He won't go to college now.
(d) He will move away from the family.
2. What does Levi's father want his sons to call him?
3. What does Levi want to figure out about Boaz?
(a) Why Boaz doesn't want to go to college
(b) If Boaz is thinking of going back in the service
(c) If Boaz killed anyone
(d) Why Boaz seems obsessed with maps
4. What is the setting of the opening scene of the novel?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Tel Aviv
5. Why does Levi love sitting next to Pearl?
(a) To inhale her second hand smoke.
(b) He feels safe.
(c) To smell her perfume.
(d) To give her a hard time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levi hear coming from Boaz's room late at night?
2. When does Amanda begin attending synagogue on a regular basis?
3. What does Amanda do several times a day?
4. Where does Levi apply for a job?
5. What does Levi say about his brother when asked at the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pearl try to comfort Levi concerning Boaz?
2. What is Levi doing when Boaz comes home and how does the family greet him?
3. Describe the conversation between Dov and Levi about Boaz.
4. What did Levi do as a child when he'd wake in the middle of the night and what does he do now since Boaz is back home?
5. Why does Levi feel like a sneak and thief?
6. Why is Levi conflicted about attending a party and what does he decide?
7. Who comes to spend Shabbat with Levi's family and what is he like?
8. What does Boaz say he is going to do that Abba and Dov think is good, and why does Levi think Boaz is lying?
9. Who do Pearl and Levi see at the movie and what happens after the show?
10. How is Levi conflicted about Boaz and who has he told?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)