Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1 Introduction
1. What stage of culture contained the institution of the leisure class?
2. Which cultures exhibited the leisure class?
3. How have the upper classes distinguished themselves from the other classes?
4. Which occupation would the leisure class have worked as?
5. What was the state of the leisure class in hunting cultures?
6. What allowed a leisure class to emerge?
7. What classes does Veblen describe emerging as society developed?
8. What does Veblen say about the upper classes in Iceland and Polynesia?
9. What employments did upper-class people in Iceland and Polynesia work in?
10. How does Veblen classify industrial labor in industrial societies?
11. When does Veblen say that...
This section contains 1,951 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)