|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Devout Observances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ethnic type does Veblen say has more predatory traits?
(a) Dolichocephalic blonds.
(c) Brachycephalic brunettes.
2. What was the state of the leisure class in hunting cultures?
(a) It existed only for the priests.
(b) It was highly developed, and hunters exploit the women for their labor.
(c) It did not exist.
(d) It was developing but still competing with the communal lifestyle.
3. What changes as a result of a change in institutions?
(a) Economic models.
(b) Habits and thoughts.
(c) The means of production.
4. What effect does Veblen say gambling has on industrial efficiency?
(a) It motivates people by increasing debt.
(b) It is a hindrance.
(c) Its effect is unpredictable.
(d) It increases industrial efficiency.
5. What does Veblen say a person's possessions determine in ownership societies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is conspicuous consumption most prevalent?
2. What does Veblen say the act of worshiping appeals to?
3. What does Veblen say about the upper classes in Iceland and Polynesia?
4. What factors drove the emergence of the leisure class?
5. What consumption articles does Veblen state that the consumer hangs on to the most?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)