|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Devout Observances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veblen say was lacking in primitive culture?
(a) Ownership of private property.
(b) The need for drudgery.
(c) A governing class.
(d) A priest class.
2. How do standards of consumption change?
(a) Very slowly over time.
(b) They change with every season.
(c) Slower in societies with more social mobility.
(d) Faster in societies with less social mobility.
3. Under what heading does Veblen put sports and fighting and other manifestations of the predatory temperament?
(d) Unproductive aggression.
4. According to Veblen, ethnic types during his time were variations of what?
(a) Peaceable types.
(b) Primitive ethnic types.
(c) Antepredatory types.
(d) Predatory types.
5. Where did the earliest form of ownership take place?
(a) In lower barbarian stages of culture.
(b) In early industrial stages of culture.
(c) In higher barbarian stages of culture.
(d) In high industrial stages of culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veblen see as evidence of the martial spirit in the leisure class?
2. What age does Veblen say worshiping corresponds to?
3. Natural selection of social structure is influenced by the natural selection of what?
4. How does Veblen classify industrial labor in industrial societies?
5. What does Veblen say happens as technology progresses?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)