|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conspicuous Consumption.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does consumption yield to the individual?
2. Which cultures exhibited the leisure class?
(a) Migratory American Indians.
(b) Postindustrial America.
(c) Feudal Europe.
(d) Primitive Indonesia.
3. Vicarious consumption reflects whose standing?
(a) The worker's.
(b) The servant's.
(c) The slave's.
(d) The patron's.
4. Which occupation would the leisure class have worked as?
5. When did the leisure class become part of society?
(a) At the same time religion did.
(b) At the same time slavery did.
(c) At the same time technology did.
(d) At the same time ownership did.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veblen define conspicuous consumption?
2. What is reserved for the leisure class?
3. What does Veblen say possessions indicate in an ownership society?
4. What does Veblen say happens to those who need to work but do not work?
5. How does Veblen say the upper classes in an agricultural society see work?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)