Chapter 1 Introduction
1. What stage of culture contained the institution of the leisure class?
(a) Late stages of hunting culture.
(b) High stages of barbarian culture.
(c) Late stages of agricultural culture.
(d) Early stages of agricultural culture.
2. Which cultures exhibited the leisure class?
(a) Feudal Europe.
(b) Postindustrial America.
(c) Migratory American Indians.
(d) Primitive Indonesia.
3. How have the upper classes distinguished themselves from the other classes?
(a) They have worked only in positions that have prestige.
(b) They have been able to work at any job they choose.
(c) They have not worked.
(d) They have worked at the highest paying jobs.
4. Which occupation would the leisure class have worked as?
5. What was the state of the leisure class in hunting cultures?
(a) It was developing but still competing with the communal lifestyle.
(b) It did not exist.
(c) It was highly developed, and hunters exploit the women for their labor.
(d) It existed only for the priests.
This section contains 5,008 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)