Short Answer Key
Preface: Theater and Culture
1. In what year was the original Le Theatre et son Double published?
2. What word expressed by the translator is typically translated as "mind" because it has no English equivalent, combining as it does both mind and spirit?
3. In the Preface, Artaud writes, "If confusion is the sign of the times, I see at the root of this confusion a rupture between things and ____".
4. Artaud writes in the Preface that "A civilized man judges and is judged according to his" what?
5. In the Preface, Artaud writes of his belief that "no matter how loudly we clamor for magic in our lives, we are really _____ of pursuing an existence entirely under its influence and sign."
6. In the preface, Artaud makes an analogy remarking that we (white Europeans) are unaware that to anyone else,...
This section contains 3,463 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)