|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. No More Masterpieces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface, Artaud writes of his belief that "no matter how loudly we clamor for magic in our lives, we are really _____ of pursuing an existence entirely under its influence and sign."
2. Artaud writes that Occidental theater is a theater of what?
3. Which form of the theater does Artaud admire in contrast to Occidental forms?
4. In the Balinese theater, which figure becomes a "manager of magic" or master of "sacred ceremonies"?
(a) The set designer.
(b) The director.
(c) The audience.
(d) The actor.
5. What form of the virus resulted in the deaths of more people than the previous plague?
Short Answer Questions
1. Artaud writes, "We are told that the Mysteries of ______ confined themselves to the mise en scene of a certain number of moral truths."
2. Artaud believes that in its current, Occidental interpretation, theater is limited to mimicking what through scripted dialogues?
3. What does Artaud say serves as a copy, or double, of a life that does not exist?
4. What does the author refer to having subjugated Plato?
5. Where does Artaud say "there is no art: things are made for use."
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)