|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. No More Masterpieces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship in Artaud's metaphor of the plague?
2. What does Artaud say diminishes the value of the theater?
3. The author of Occidental theater is replaced by what in Balinese theater?
(a) Auteur de theatre.
(b) Raison d'etre.
(c) Metteur en scène.
(d) Mise en scene.
4. What animal does the author say has a mysterious affinity with the plague?
5. Of whom does Artaud say, "has nothing to do with the theater and must give way to specialists in its objective and animated sorcery"?
(a) The actor.
(b) The author.
(c) The musician.
(d) The director.
Short Answer Questions
1. Artaud says that the actors of the Balinese theater appear to be as animated what?
2. What should we do with poetry, according to Artaud?
3. What does the term "Occidental" mean?
4. In the preface, Artaud makes an analogy remarking that we (white Europeans) are unaware that to anyone else, we might be the ones who what?
5. What does Artaud say serves as a copy, or double, of a life that does not exist?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)