|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do all waterways eventually lead in the area where Jevy and Nate are?
2. Who is feared by all Troy's children for his lawyer skills?
3. Who promises the cooperation of Troy's latest mistress, Nicolette?
4. What does Nate believe in his delirium?
5. What does Hark tell the other lawyers of Troy's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Nate think he saw when he was sick and what did he feel about it?
2. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
3. How did Nate score the first point in the dispositions?
4. What did Nate tell Josh on the drive from the airport?
5. What happened when Nate was admitted to the hospital for the second time?
6. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
7. What did Nate want to do to get away following the Phelan heir depositions? Why does he want to do it? How well does he think it will work?
8. Why did Josh meet with Judge Wycliff and what did he tell him? What was the Judge's response?
9. What does Rachel see about Nate and what does she offer?
10. Why was Josh worried about the settlement of the will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ultimately the Phelan heirs each received fifty million dollars of their father's money. Rachel established a trust with her money.
1. Do you think this was a fair settlement? Why or why not?
2. Explain in detail what you think about Rachel's settlement of her inheritance.
3. Do you Josh betrayed Troy's trust in him or do you think Troy knew the settlement would probably end up something along those lines?
Essay Topic 2
Now that he was sober and honestly examining his life, he had to come to terms with his faults. He caused the poor relations that he now experienced with his family. He knew that he would not be received warmly but he hoped to begin again and earn their trust and affection.
1. Do you think it's possible for a long term alcoholic or addict to regain family or friend trust? Why or why not?
2. Imagine one of your siblings was an addict and had lied to you, stolen from you, gotten you in trouble and ignored you except when he/she needed something. Explain what it would take for you to ever trust them again if they came to you and told you they had reformed.
3. Do you think Nate should try to repair his relationships with his children or should just bless them and let them go? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Once in South America Nate continued to feel lonely. The feeling of loneliness wasn't about his job or his family. It was a feeling deep inside because he does not like himself and can therefore not find peace.
1. Do you believe people can be happy if they don't like themselves? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Nate disliked himself? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
3. Explain in detail how you would feel if you were in Nate's situation in Brazil.
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)