Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
2. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
3. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
4. What does TJ do?
5. What do Josh and the Judge review?
Essay Topic 1
Nate's addictions are long-standing and Josh has had to cover for Nate on multiple occasions.
1. Covering for an addict or alcoholic is called enabling. With research, explain, using examples from the book how Josh was an enabler.
2. Do you think Nate should have been fired from his job? Why or why not?
3. How do you think a person can break an addictive habit? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Nate is thankful for Rachel's friendship. He relies on her for the strength that he lacks. Nate must learn to be at peace with himself. It is only through inner peace that he will be strong enough to resist temptation and happy enough to move forward down a healthier path.
1. Do you think Rachel and Nate could have become friends in a few short days? Why or why not?
2. How do you think Nate being at peace with himself will help with his addictions?
3. Do you think Nate has ever experienced true friendship before? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
During his time in St. Michael's, Nate did a lot of thinking. He realized that he was the reason why his marriages had failed. He also acknowledged that he couldn't blame his children for keeping their distance from him.
1. Using examples from the book explain why you think Nate's marriages failed.
2. Using examples from the book explain why you think Nate's children keep their distance from him.
3. Do you think Nate's failures with his marriages and children were one hundred percent his fault? Why or why not?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)