Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
2. What does Rex do that his other siblings do not?
3. What does Nate hope to do with his children?
4. What does TJ do?
5. What do Josh and the Judge review?
Nate is forty-eight-years-old and does not have much to show for it. He has created and then sabotaged relationships and is an addict. He is struck by the stark differences between how he and Rachel live.
1. Why do you think Nate might be intrigued by the way Rachel lives? Use examples from the book and to support your answer.
2. How do you think Nate feels about himself and his life after meeting Rachel? Use examples from the book and to support your answer.
3. If Nate were 23-years-old, do you think Rachel would affect him as deeply? Explain your reasoning.
Realizing that Father Phil had also made large changes late in life helped Nate to feel even more comfortable with Phil. Additionally, the physical labor was a good distraction and gave Nate a healthy way to spend his days. Without the work at the church, his ample spare time could have been detrimental to his rehabilitation.
1. Why do you think Father Phil's making changes in his life at an older age made it more comfortable for Nate to talk with him?
2. Explain why physical labor could be good for a recovering alcoholic.
3. Why do you think too much spare time would have been detrimental to Nate's rehabilitation?
American media is predictable in nature. The more sensational a story the more attention it attracts. Troy Phelan had few friends and no one really grieved over his death, yet it received a lot of publicity.
1. Do you think the media makes too much of celebrities? Why or why not?
2. Explain why you think Troy Phelan's money was what made him interesting, not him as a person.
3. Why do you think Troy had few friends? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)