|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate notice about his IV bag?
2. Which of Nate's children refuses to see him?
3. What does Nate tell Josh?
4. Who is trying to enlist the aid of other expert witnesses who could refute the testimony of the first panel?
5. What does Mary Ross decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Josh want to speak to Nate and why was it impossible?
2. How was Nate feeling physically as he journeyed back to civilization and what did he find out?
3. What did the lawyers fighting the will do about the sanity examination?
4. What did Rachel say to Nate?
5. Who did Nate think he saw when he was sick and what did he feel about it?
6. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
7. What did Nate want to do to get away following the Phelan heir depositions? Why does he want to do it? How well does he think it will work?
8. Why did Hark meet with the other Phelan heir lawyers and what happened at the meeting?
9. What news does Welly bring to Valdir and what does he do about it?
10. What does Rachel see about Nate and what does she offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 13 marked the end of Nate's sobriety. He appears to be in a state of self-denial. He is thankful to be alive yet celebrates by drowning himself in alcohol.
1. Why do you think Nate started drinking again after surviving the plane crash?
2. Discuss what is meant by self-denial.
3. Do you think Nate would have started drinking again if the plane crash had not occurred? Use examples from the book and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In the opening of THE TESTAMENT, a multi-billionaire carries out a plan to do what he wants with his money rather than what his family wants.
1. Do you think Troy Phelan should have to go through so much trouble just to make sure his will was legally incontestability? Why or why not?
2. What do you think of a man who would leave all his money to a daughter he has never seen and give the rest of his family very little of a huge estate? Use examples from your own experience and beliefs to support your answer.
3. Do you think Troy's relatives are wrong for trying to get his money? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Nate was running from his problems by going on the business trip. He realized very quickly that no matter how far he ran his past would always follow.
1. Running from problems by going somewhere else is called a "geographic cure." Discuss what do you think this means.
2. Do you believe taking the geographic cure is a good idea or a bad idea? Why or why not? Could it be different depending on the circumstance?
3. Discuss two situations that might respond well to a geographic cure and two that wouldn't be helped with on.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)