|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nate find liquor?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) From a homeless man.
(c) In the hotel restaurant.
(d) In a delicatessen that remained open and sold liquor.
2. Who is Nate avoiding?
(a) His partying acquaintances.
(b) His former wives.
(c) His parents.
(d) His fiance.
3. In accordance with Troy's wishes, what does Josh do?
(a) Keeps the contents of the will a secret until he is required by law to share the information.
(b) Appoint Troy's eldest son as executor of the will.
(c) Have Troy buried in South America.
(d) Share a preview of the will with the media.
4. On what river is Nate?
(b) Paraguay River.
5. What does the Judge read aloud?
(a) Troy's holographic will.
(b) A pre-will statement from Troy.
(c) An admonishment for order in the court.
(d) A statement about the probate process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
2. Why does Jevy have to rock the boat?
3. Why do they shed tears?
4. Why is Ramble an exception in the will?
5. To whom does Marco introduce the three men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rachel's biological mother?
2. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
3. Why would Josh consider sending Nate to Brazil to find the Phelan heir?
4. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
5. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
6. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
7. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
8. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
9. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
10. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)