|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
(a) He feels good about Josh's respect.
(b) It is something to connect him to his former life.
(c) It will get him out of the country for the holidays.
(d) It shows the company hasn't fired him.
2. What is requested in the will?
(a) That Josh receive a retainer fee of 15 percent of the estate.
(b) That Troy's body be cremated.
(c) That Josh marry Troy's youngest daughter.
(d) That Troy's youngest son be disinheirited.
3. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
(a) He wants to know if they are still leaving.
(b) Jevy had been paid well to help Nate navigate the Pantanal and he intended to complete his mission.
(c) Nate owes him money.
(d) He is worried about Nate.
4. How does Hark think he'll get rich?
(a) Through his father's oil investments.
(b) By embezzling money from the Phelan estate.
(c) He's not sure yet.
(d) Off the settlement of the Phelan estate.
5. What tributary do they men have to go up?
(a) The Cabixa.
(b) The Falta.
(c) The Cabana.
(d) The Hoxtrica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is present in the opening of this story?
2. What does Jevy fear?
3. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
4. How does Nate feel in South America?
5. What is the state of mind of the Phelan heirs after Troy's will is read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nate unable to speak with Rachel the day after he arrived in the village?
2. What happened to Rachel's biological mother?
3. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
4. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
5. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
6. What did Rachel say to Nate?
7. What was Hark doing to help his lawsuit?
8. What did Rex decide to do about his understanding?
9. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
10. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)