|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Troy sign after he signs his will in front of his relatives?
(a) A holographic will.
(b) A paper donating his body to medical science.
(c) A living will.
(d) A letter to his family telling them how much each meant to him.
2. Who helps Jevy with directions?
(a) An elderly woman on the bank.
(b) A young boy.
(c) No one.
(d) An experienced fisherman.
3. Why would the family's lawyers want the family to contest the will when it says anyone who contests it gets nothing?
(a) They are greedy for retainer fees.
(b) They are not the best lawyers in the world.
(c) They would enjoy pitting themselves against the system.
(d) They think the will is unjust.
4. Why has Nate lost his other friends?
(a) He never had any friends.
(b) Because he moved to another city.
(c) Because he is gone so long.
(d) Through negligence and poor behavior.
5. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
(a) A morse code transponder.
(b) An emergency locator beacon.
(c) A portable laptop with a satellite card.
(d) A satellite phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco demand?
2. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
3. What is difficult about navigating the secondary river?
4. What does Ramble's lawyer urge Ramble to do?
5. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
2. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
3. What happened to Nate and his guides on the river while exploring Pantanal?
4. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
5. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
6. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
7. What did Nate do on Christmas day in Brazil?
8. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
9. Who was the only person who knew where Rachel was living?
10. Why would Josh consider sending Nate to Brazil to find the Phelan heir?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)