|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues the three men?
(a) Some missionaries.
(b) The military.
(c) The politzi.
(d) The local paramilitary group.
2. Why does Josh only give information that was required by law to the probate judge?
(a) He is being arbitrary.
(b) He thinks the judge is incompetent.
(c) To protect Troy's confidentiality.
(d) He does not know the judge.
3. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
(a) It is not approachable by land.
(b) It is hostile to Americans.
(c) It is a forbidden area for foreigners.
(d) It is only approachable by air.
4. After Troy has finished all the business he wants to do, what does he do?
(a) Has lunch with his favorite daughter.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Kills his lawyer for betraying him.
(d) Leaves on a plane for South America.
5. Where are the two men at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) On their way to the mountains.
(b) Back at Fernando's trading post.
(c) Back in the village.
(d) Totally lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an ever-present danger?
2. Who is Nate avoiding?
3. Why is a team of lawyers awaiting Phelan today?
4. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
5. Why is Nate pleased with Josh's offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Josh consider sending Nate to Brazil to find the Phelan heir?
2. How did the Phelan heirs feel about Troy's will?
3. What happened that caused Nate and Jevy to get lost within the Pantanal?
4. How did Nate feel when he first came to Brazil and why?
5. What happened to Rachel's biological mother?
6. What did Hark Getty see as a benefit to being Rex's lawyer? Why did he have a strong motivation to do his best?
7. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
8. How did Rachel come about and how did she end up adopted?
9. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
10. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)