|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who continually calls the Stafford Law Firm?
(a) The press.
(b) The Rockefeller Foundation wishing for their share of the estate.
(c) Troy's family members.
(d) The IRS.
2. Why is Nate roaming the streets?
(a) Looking for a nightclub.
(b) He has lost the way to his motel room.
(c) Looking for open stores.
(d) Looking for Rachel.
3. For what does Josh develop a strategy?
(a) For keeping the family off balance.
(b) For dividing the estate evenly among the family members.
(c) For revealing his deceased client's wishes.
(d) For paying taxes on the estate.
4. What does Josh provide Nate?
(a) Money and clothing.
(b) Fifty-thousand dollars retainer fee.
(c) Nate's transportation and trip itinerary.
(d) An alias and a passport.
5. How does Nate begin his day at Walnut Hill?
(a) With a large breakfast.
(b) By going to a 12-step meeting.
(c) With a ten-mile run.
(d) With meditation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
2. What creates a media frenzy?
3. What does Phelan wear?
4. Why does Jevy have to rock the boat?
5. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nate do on Christmas day in Brazil?
2. What happened that caused Nate and Jevy to get lost within the Pantanal?
3. What happened to Troy's remains?
4. With whom did Nate talk on his way to Brazil and why only them?
5. Who was the only person who knew where Rachel was living?
6. How did Rachel come about and how did she end up adopted?
7. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
8. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
9. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
10. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)