|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is requested in the will?
(a) That Troy's youngest son be disinheirited.
(b) That Josh receive a retainer fee of 15 percent of the estate.
(c) That Troy's body be cremated.
(d) That Josh marry Troy's youngest daughter.
2. What does Phelan wear?
(a) Expensive suits.
(b) Casual, but refined, sports wear.
(c) Not much except when he has to.
(d) Long, white robes.
3. What does the book say Neva is?
(a) The missing link to finding Rachel.
(b) A nobody.
(c) A money-grubbing lawyer.
(d) A misguided missionary.
4. On what river is Nate?
(b) Paraguay River.
5. How does Nate feel in South America?
(c) Awed at the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
2. What character is present in the opening of this story?
3. What do Snead and Josh, as well as Tip Durban, Josh's colleague do?
4. What does it take to get Nate ready to travel?
5. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rachel come about and how did she end up adopted?
2. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
3. What did Jevy do when Nate didn't show up at the boat?
4. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
5. What was Libbigail's relationship with her father like and what is she doing after his death?
6. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
7. How did Troy divide his money with his last holographic will?
8. How did Josh try to assure that Nate would do as he was told?
9. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
10. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)