|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Josh consider sending to Brazil?
(a) Nate O'Riley.
(c) Josh is thinking of going himself.
(d) Troy's eldest son.
2. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
(a) One and a half bottles of vodka.
(b) A couple glasses of wine.
(d) Two beers.
3. Why would the family's lawyers want the family to contest the will when it says anyone who contests it gets nothing?
(a) They think the will is unjust.
(b) They are not the best lawyers in the world.
(c) They are greedy for retainer fees.
(d) They would enjoy pitting themselves against the system.
4. What two people does Nate contact on his trip?
(a) Josh and Rachel.
(b) Alice and Sergio.
(c) Alice and Josh.
(d) Sergio and Josh.
5. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) He had nowhere to go.
(b) He lost his job.
(c) His wife divorced him.
(d) His children wouldn't speak to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nate avoiding?
2. Who are Libbigail Phelan Jeter and Mary Ross Phelan?
3. Who is Libbigail's father?
4. What creates a media frenzy?
5. How many wives has Troy had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
2. Who was the only person who knew where Rachel was living?
3. How did Troy's first wife and her family celebrate Christmas?
4. What did Troy do after being certified sane and able and his family left?
5. Why is Josh Stafford meeting with Troy?
6. What happened to Troy's remains?
7. Why was the reading of Troy Phelan's will considered to be of interest?
8. How did the Phelan heirs feel about Troy's will?
9. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
10. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)