|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Nate's problem after being released from the rehab program?
(a) He lost his job.
(b) His children wouldn't speak to him.
(c) His wife divorced him.
(d) He had nowhere to go.
2. With which Indian tribe does a missionary woman work?
3. Where does Nate find liquor?
(a) In the hotel restaurant.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) In a delicatessen that remained open and sold liquor.
(d) From a homeless man.
4. What is requested in the will?
(a) That Josh marry Troy's youngest daughter.
(b) That Troy's youngest son be disinheirited.
(c) That Josh receive a retainer fee of 15 percent of the estate.
(d) That Troy's body be cremated.
5. Who is Hark Gettys?
(a) An oilman.
(b) Rex's lawyer.
(c) Rachel's husband.
(d) Matilda's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
2. What does the Judge read aloud?
3. How much alcohol does Nate consume?
4. Where do they make an emergency landing?
5. What are Phelan's assets approximately worth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of Troy's death on the media?
2. What happened regarding the cow the plane crash killed in Brazil?
3. With whom did Nate talk on his way to Brazil and why only them?
4. Basically, what did Troy's will say?
5. What do Nate and Jevy discuss as they float on the river and how does Nate feel about it?
6. What did Nate and Jevy do to start the second half of their journey?
7. What are the thoughts of Troy Phelan when the novel opens?
8. Explain what happened when Nate found out the trading post where they stopped sold beer.
9. How did all the family lawyers feel about the will?
10. How did the Phelan heirs feel about Troy's will?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)