|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult to speak to the first Indians they encounter?
(a) They do not speak any Portuguese.
(b) They just stare at the men.
(c) They speak too fast.
(d) They are women and children who are not allowed to speak to strangers.
2. What does Hark Getty do concerning the Phelan will?
(a) He files a petition with the court compelling the Phelan will.
(b) He files papers to dismiss it.
(c) He contests it.
(d) He asks to look at it.
3. Who is Sergio?
(a) Troy's brother.
(b) Nate's brother.
(c) Troy's bodyguard.
(d) Nate's counselor.
4. Who helps Jevy with directions?
(a) No one.
(b) An experienced fisherman.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly woman on the bank.
5. What thought occurs to Nate?
(a) That Rachel must be have crazy to live in this area.
(b) That Rachel might go with him to New York.
(c) That he could die in Pantanal.
(d) That he might decide to stay in the jungle with Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many legitimate children does Troy have?
2. Where is Nate drawn as he wanders the city?
3. Who has Rachel herself baptized?
4. What symptoms develop in Nate?
5. Where do Nate and Jevy stop?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)