|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it take to get Nate ready to travel?
(a) A bucket of ice water thrown on Nate.
(b) A few cold showers, aspirin, cool compresses, and sunglasses.
(c) A call from Josh.
(d) A veiled threat from Jevy.
2. Why does Jevy go searching for Nate?
(a) He wants to know if they are still leaving.
(b) Jevy had been paid well to help Nate navigate the Pantanal and he intended to complete his mission.
(c) He is worried about Nate.
(d) Nate owes him money.
3. What does Jevy say that he regrets saying?
(a) That he often has a cold beer at the trading post.
(b) That Americans should all burn in fire.
(c) That Nate had better not drink.
(d) That most lawyers would be best use for alligator bait.
4. Who does Nate hire?
(a) A bodyguard.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A private pilot for an aerial look and a boat guide named Jevy.
(d) A native speaker.
5. What does Nate remember he brought along with his luggage?
(a) A morse code transponder.
(b) A portable laptop with a satellite card.
(c) A satellite phone.
(d) An emergency locator beacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are they having trouble navigating the river?
2. What is difficult about getting to the Pantanal?
3. Where does Nate go from Walnut Hill?
4. What does Jevy fear?
5. Why is Judge Wycliff enjoying himself?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)