|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(b) His divorce.
(c) The death of his grandmother.
(d) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
2. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
(b) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
(c) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
(d) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
3. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) The incarnation of the large white man.
(b) The Native American woman he wrongs.
(c) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
(d) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
4. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
(a) The ninth insight.
(b) The twelth insight.
(c) The tenth insight.
(d) Tthe symbolic meaning of the Holy Grail.
5. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
(a) By quantum physics.
(b) By peyote.
(c) Through transcendental meditation.
(d) Through gateways in the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
2. Where does the narrator go?
3. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
4. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
5. What is a corporation attempting to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
2. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
3. What does Wil tell the narrator about Soul Groups?
4. What does Long Eagle say about the valley in Chapter 1?
5. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
6. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
7. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
8. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
9. What does Wil say might be the reason no one fully understands the Tenth Insight?
10. What is the narrator doing when he encounters Maya again and what does she tell him? What do they do?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)