|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
(a) Self sacrifice.
(c) Social/legal/political corruption and self interest.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(d) His divorce.
3. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To the Experiment.
(b) To find Wil.
(c) To find Charlene.
(d) To the cave.
4. What kind of work does Webber do?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a priest.
(c) He's a medicine man.
(d) He's a scientist.
5. Where are Wil and the narrator?
(a) In purgatory.
(b) In a place of dreams.
(c) On holy ground.
(d) In a place of nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
2. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
3. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
4. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
5. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a short essay on Long Eagle's beliefs about animals.
2. What happens to the group from the cave in Chapter 8 as they go towards the building with the Experiment?
3. What does Wil say is their task concerning the Group of Seven?
4. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
5. In Chapter 8, what does the narrator hear as he returns to the physical plane and what does Webber tell him about the noise?
6. What does the narrator discuss with Wil concerning the Christian church?
7. What does Wil say he sees in Maya's dream?
8. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
9. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
10. How does the narrator connect Charlene with one of his previous lives?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)