|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person he encounters?
(a) The story of what happens to the narrator the day before.
(b) An allegory about his dream.
(c) A lie in order to get rid of the person.
(d) A joke Maya tells the narrator.
2. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Begins to learn from him.
(d) Sits down and thinks about it.
3. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(b) Toxic gas.
(c) A wet dog.
(d) Tobacco smoke.
4. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
(a) The sound of crying.
(b) The screech of an owl.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) The coo of a pigeon.
5. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(b) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go?
2. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
3. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
4. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
5. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
2. What kind of sound does Lipcomb and the narrator hear, what do they see, what does the narrator suggest and what is Lipcomb's response?
3. What does Wil say he sees in Maya's dream?
4. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
5. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
6. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
7. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
8. What does Joel say to the narrator about his beliefs?
9. What does Wil say about what he is meant to learn?
10. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)