|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the narrator not understand?
(a) The way the cloud keeps changing colors.
(b) The images of the dreaming person's dream.
(c) The words the dreamer is saying.
(d) The words the angels are singing.
2. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(b) The way through the last gateway.
(c) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(d) The way to Shambala.
3. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To the cave.
(b) To the Experiment.
(c) To find Charlene.
(d) To find Wil.
4. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(b) A wet dog.
(c) Tobacco smoke.
(d) Toxic gas.
5. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(a) Long Eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a corporation attempting to do?
2. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
3. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
4. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
5. What is the dream about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Wil say might be the reason no one fully understands the Tenth Insight?
3. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
4. What does Long Eagle say about the valley in Chapter 1?
5. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
6. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
7. What do Wil and the narrator do with Williams and what do they learn about him?
8. What kind of work does Webber do and what does he believe about that work?
9. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
10. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)