|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) The death of his grandmother.
2. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A description of Charlene.
(b) A description of the end times.
(c) A story about his life as a child.
(d) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
3. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(c) Long Eagle.
4. Why does the narrator stay behind?
(a) To look for Charlene.
(b) To look for some of the grey wolves.
(c) To help the lumberjack who has cut himself.
(d) To stop the bulldozer.
5. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
(b) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
(c) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(d) His map was incorrect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
2. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
3. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
4. What does Williams do in his last life?
5. Who is without Forest Service identification?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator discuss with Wil concerning the Christian church?
2. How does the narrator connect Charlene with one of his previous lives?
3. What is the narrator doing when he encounters Maya again and what does she tell him? What do they do?
4. What do Wil and the narrator see when they experience Feyman's Life Review?
5. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
6. What happens when the Group decide to try and end the Experiment by combining their energies?
7. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
8. How does the narrator describe hell in Chapter 7?
9. What do Wil and the narrator do with Williams and what do they learn about him?
10. What did the narrator see in his vision about the teachings of Christ?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)