|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in the valley where the narrator is in past centuries?
(a) Countless vision quests and other spiritual encounters.
(b) A migration of many tribes from their original homeland.
(c) Countless gatherings of tribes to affirm peace.
(d) A massacre of the Indians.
2. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
(b) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
(c) The incarnation of the large white man.
(d) The Native American woman he wrongs.
3. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) His divorce.
4. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
(b) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
(c) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
(d) To request a helicopter evacuation.
5. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A ball of light.
(b) A white cloud.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) A group of entities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams do in his last life?
2. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
3. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
4. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
5. Who is Maya Ponder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maya say about healing?
2. What is the narrator doing when he encounters Maya again and what does she tell him? What do they do?
3. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of sound does Lipcomb and the narrator hear, what do they see, what does the narrator suggest and what is Lipcomb's response?
5. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
6. How did the narrator determine he needed to come to an Appalachian valley?
7. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
8. What does the narrator learn in his encounter with Joel Lipscomb?
9. What does Webber explain to the narrator about the Experiment and his involvement?
10. What does Wil tell the narrator is the reason for him disappearing in Peru?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)