|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Recovering from his latest sudden journey from the realm of energy.
(d) Talking to Wil.
2. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The nature of existence.
(b) The way around time.
(c) The nature of love.
(d) The way through the void.
3. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
(a) They return to their physical bodies.
(b) They travel towards the West.
(c) They vanish.
(d) They join with Wil and the narrator.
4. What is a supportive and like-spirited group of entities who guide and support earth souls as they dream?
(a) Karmic group.
(b) Dream keepers.
(c) Soul group.
(d) Angel wing.
5. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
(a) An experiment.
(b) An effort to repopulate the area with grey wolves.
(c) A rebellion.
(d) A paramilitary group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is without Forest Service identification?
2. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
3. Where are Wil and the narrator?
4. What is a corporation attempting to do?
5. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
2. What happens to the narrator as he is attempting to recall his dream vision and what does he learn about Maya?
3. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
4. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
5. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
6. What does the narrator learn in his encounter with Joel Lipscomb?
7. What does Wil tell the narrator is the reason for him disappearing in Peru?
8. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
9. What does Long Eagle say about the valley in Chapter 1?
10. How did the narrator determine he needed to come to an Appalachian valley?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)