|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Feyman?
(a) A mystic from Germany.
(b) A mystic from Russia.
(c) Someone who has been in the company of Charlene.
(d) A shamen from a South American tribe.
2. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
(a) He steps through a further dimension.
(b) He begins to dream.
(c) He dies an imaginary death.
(d) He is jerked back into the physical world.
3. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As more solid.
(b) As intermittent waves.
(c) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(d) As intermingled.
4. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(b) She is an avatar.
(c) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
(d) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
5. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(b) The way to Shambala.
(c) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(d) The way through the last gateway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
2. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
3. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
4. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
5. Who is the next dreaming soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Long Eagle say about the valley in Chapter 1?
2. What do Wil and the narrator do with Williams and what do they learn about him?
3. What does Wil say might be the reason no one fully understands the Tenth Insight?
4. What does Joel say to the narrator about his beliefs?
5. What does Maya say about healing?
6. What does the narrator learn in his encounter with Joel Lipscomb?
7. What does Wil say he sees in Maya's dream?
8. What does Long Eagle tell the narrator about the valley?
9. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
10. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)