|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
(b) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
(c) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
(d) To request a helicopter evacuation.
2. Who is Feyman?
(a) Someone who has been in the company of Charlene.
(b) A mystic from Russia.
(c) A shamen from a South American tribe.
(d) A mystic from Germany.
3. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man dressed as a ranger.
(b) The two gray jeeps.
(c) The man driving the bulldozer.
(d) The lumberjack.
4. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
(b) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
(c) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
(d) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
5. What does Williams do in his last life?
(a) Develops new, corruptive technologies.
(b) Saves a young girl from drowning but drowns in the attempt.
(c) Finances an orphanage in Colombia.
(d) Shoots a man who becomes involved with his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go?
2. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
3. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What surrounds the dreaming person?
5. Where is the narrator standing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil say about what he is meant to learn?
2. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
3. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
4. What does Webber explain to the narrator about the Experiment and his involvement?
5. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
6. What kind of sound does Lipcomb and the narrator hear, what do they see, what does the narrator suggest and what is Lipcomb's response?
7. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
8. What happens to Wil and the narrator when they move to another plane?
9. What does the narrator learn in his encounter with Joel Lipscomb?
10. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)