|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
(a) The ninth insight.
(b) Tthe symbolic meaning of the Holy Grail.
(c) The tenth insight.
(d) The twelth insight.
2. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(c) The devil.
3. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
4. What is the narrator's quest?
(a) For the sixth sense.
(b) For the Holy Grail.
(c) For the tenth insight.
(d) For the twelth insight.
5. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
(a) A rebellion.
(b) A paramilitary group.
(c) An effort to repopulate the area with grey wolves.
(d) An experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joel describe in great detail?
2. Who is Maya Ponder?
3. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
4. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
5. What past life experience does Williams experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil tell the narrator is the reason for him disappearing in Peru?
2. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
3. What does Long Eagle say about the valley in Chapter 1?
4. How did the narrator determine he needed to come to an Appalachian valley?
5. What happens to the narrator as he is attempting to recall his dream vision and what does he learn about Maya?
6. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
7. What does Maya say about healing?
8. What does Long Eagle tell the narrator about the valley?
9. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
10. What kind of sound does Lipcomb and the narrator hear, what do they see, what does the narrator suggest and what is Lipcomb's response?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)