|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(b) They are after him.
(c) They want to take over the United States government.
(d) They are responsible for an axis shift.
2. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
(b) A description of the end times.
(c) A description of Charlene.
(d) A story about his life as a child.
3. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
(a) His roommate from college.
(b) His ex-wife.
4. Where are Wil and the narrator?
(a) In a place of dreams.
(b) In a place of nightmares.
(c) In purgatory.
(d) On holy ground.
5. What kind of work does Webber do?
(a) He's a priest.
(b) He's a scientist.
(c) He's a medicine man.
(d) He's a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
3. Why were the narrator and Webber able to escape an earthquake without injury?
4. Why does the narrator stay behind?
5. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil say he sees in Maya's dream?
2. What kind of work does Webber do and what does he believe about that work?
3. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
4. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
5. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
6. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
7. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
8. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
9. What does Maya say about healing?
10. What happens to Wil and the narrator when they move to another plane?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)