|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A life review.
(b) A chance to go back.
(c) A moment of panic.
(d) A sense of peace.
2. What do Webber and the narrator agree upon before they separate?
(a) To go talk to Feyman.
(b) To meet at the waterfall for dinner.
(c) To go look for Charlene.
(d) That Webber will hold off on his plan.
3. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was gravely injured.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He left with the narrator's wife.
4. What does Wil say are the images of the dreamer?
(a) Of a time in the distant future.
(b) Of a war the dreamer could and should have prevented.
(c) Of a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
(d) Of a new race of beings.
5. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(b) Indians chanting.
(c) Dissonant sounds.
(d) Hawks screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator stay behind?
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
3. What does Webber intend to do to the Experiment?
4. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
5. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Wwho seems to lead the narrator into the valley, where does he go and what does he do?
2. What does Joel say to the narrator about his beliefs?
3. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
4. What does Maya say about healing?
5. What does Long Eagle tell the narrator about the valley?
6. How did the narrator determine he needed to come to an Appalachian valley?
7. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
8. What does Wil and the narrator become aware of in Maya's dream?
9. What kind of work does Webber do and what does he believe about that work?
10. What do Wil and the narrator do with Williams and what do they learn about him?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)