|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(a) The devil.
2. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A gopher.
3. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
(a) In Peru.
(b) In India.
(c) In Brazil.
(d) In Ecuador.
4. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
(a) With anger and resistance.
(b) That she already knows it.
5. Who is Wil?
(a) A man who is with Charlene.
(b) One of the rangers.
(c) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(d) The narrator's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
2. Who is the next dreaming soul?
3. What does Joel describe in great detail?
4. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
5. Where does the narrator go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil tell the narrator is the reason for him disappearing in Peru?
2. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
3. What does Wil and the narrator become aware of in Maya's dream?
4. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
5. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
6. Wwho seems to lead the narrator into the valley, where does he go and what does he do?
7. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
8. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
9. What kind of work does Webber do and what does he believe about that work?
10. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)