|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
(b) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
(c) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
(d) To request a helicopter evacuation.
2. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
(a) Almost pain free.
(b) Painful but he can walk on it.
(c) Swollen and sore.
3. What is the narrator's quest?
(a) For the Holy Grail.
(b) For the tenth insight.
(c) For the twelth insight.
(d) For the sixth sense.
4. What kind of work does Webber do?
(a) He's a priest.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a scientist.
(d) He's a medicine man.
5. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(a) Toxic gas.
(b) Tobacco smoke.
(d) A wet dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
2. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
3. Why does Lipscomb leave?
4. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
5. What happened in the valley where the narrator is in past centuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Wil and the narrator do with Williams and what do they learn about him?
2. What does the narrator do first upon waking the next morning, how does he feel and what does he think about his injury?
3. What happens to the narrator as he is attempting to recall his dream vision and what does he learn about Maya?
4. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
5. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
6. How did the narrator determine he needed to come to an Appalachian valley?
7. What does Webber intuitively feel as he and the narrator talk and what happens right after that feeling?
8. What does Wil tell the narrator is the reason for him disappearing in Peru?
9. What does Wil tell the narrator about Soul Groups?
10. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)