|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
(a) Begins to learn from him.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(d) Sits down and thinks about it.
2. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
3. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
4. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
5. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(b) She is an avatar.
(c) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
(d) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
2. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
3. What does Williams do in his last life?
4. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
5. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil say about what he is meant to learn?
2. What is the narrator doing when he encounters Maya again and what does she tell him? What do they do?
3. What does Long Eagle tell the narrator about the valley?
4. What happens in the narrator's initial encounter with Maya?
5. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
6. What does Williams see in his life review that also involves Long Eagle?
7. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
8. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
9. What does the narrator do that injures him and why did he do it?
10. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)