|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(a) The narrator.
2. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(b) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(c) The way to Shambala.
(d) The way through the last gateway.
3. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(b) Toxic gas.
(c) Tobacco smoke.
(d) A wet dog.
4. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
5. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
(a) He sees what appears to be a rabid wolf.
(b) He hears two men arguing about who to shoot.
(c) He hears another jeep.
(d) He sees a ranger with a shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
2. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
3. Where does the narrator go?
4. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
5. What is a supportive and like-spirited group of entities who guide and support earth souls as they dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wil say might be the reason no one fully understands the Tenth Insight?
2. What was the main event which brought the narrator to an Appalachian valley at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Joel say to the narrator about his beliefs?
4. What does the narrator learn in his encounter with Joel Lipscomb?
5. What does the narrator discuss with Webber about his intentions and what kind of agreement was reached?
6. What does Long Eagle tell the narrator about the valley?
7. What does Wil and the narrator realize about where they are and what do they see Joel experiencing?
8. What does Maya say about healing?
9. What does Long Eagle say about Charlene?
10. What does the narrator tell Maya about what he believes is her purpose and how does she react?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)