|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Dense fog.
(b) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Sudden streaks of shadow.
2. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The nature of love.
(b) The way through the void.
(c) The way around time.
(d) The nature of existence.
3. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
(a) She is a reincarnated Native American.
(b) She is Charlene's spiritual guide.
(c) She is the reincarnation of his sister.
(d) She is one of the group of seven.
4. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
(a) They return to their physical bodies.
(b) They travel towards the West.
(c) They vanish.
(d) They join with Wil and the narrator.
5. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To the cave.
(b) To find Wil.
(c) To find Charlene.
(d) To the Experiment.
6. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) What he learns in Peru.
(b) What the twelth insight is.
(c) Why he is looking for Charlene.
(d) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
7. What does Webber intend to do to the Experiment?
(a) Cut the electricity off from it.
(b) Blow it up with dynamite.
(c) Set it on fire.
(d) Report it to the government.
8. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On his ex-wife's desk.
(b) On his doctor's desk.
(c) On Charlene's desk.
(d) On his grandmother's desk.
9. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They are responsible for an axis shift.
(b) They are after him.
(c) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(d) They want to take over the United States government.
10. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(a) Dissonant sounds.
(b) Indians chanting.
(c) Hawks screaming.
11. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
(b) A story about his life as a child.
(c) A description of Charlene.
(d) A description of the end times.
12. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(a) Lack of desire.
13. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
(a) His roommate from college.
(c) His ex-wife.
14. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
(a) Maya says Feyman's guards are coming.
(b) Maya says Feyman is coming.
(c) Maya says a Park Ranger is coming.
(d) Maya says there is a cougar in the woods.
15. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A dissonant sound.
(b) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(c) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(d) A pair of gray jays squawking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
2. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
3. What surrounds the dreaming person?
4. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
5. Who is the next dreaming soul?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)