|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They want to take over the United States government.
(b) They are after him.
(c) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(d) They are responsible for an axis shift.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The death of his grandmother.
(b) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(c) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(d) His divorce.
3. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Recovering from his latest sudden journey from the realm of energy.
(b) Talking to Wil.
4. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) Owning slaves.
(b) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
(c) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(d) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
5. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(b) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
(c) His map was incorrect.
(d) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
6. Where does the narrator go?
(a) A different plane of energy.
(b) To a cave.
(c) Back to his camp.
(d) To town.
7. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(a) The economy of the world.
(d) The Berlin Wall.
8. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) Towards the waterfall.
(b) Towards the park entrance.
(c) In the direction of the hum.
(d) In the direction of the cave.
9. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
(a) The sound of crying.
(b) The coo of a pigeon.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) The screech of an owl.
10. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
(a) She is Charlene's spiritual guide.
(b) She is the reincarnation of his sister.
(c) She is one of the group of seven.
(d) She is a reincarnated Native American.
11. Who is Wil?
(a) A man who is with Charlene.
(b) One of the rangers.
(c) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(d) The narrator's friend.
12. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(a) The devil.
13. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
14. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
(b) What he learns in Peru.
(c) Why he is looking for Charlene.
(d) What the twelth insight is.
15. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The lumberjack.
(b) The man dressed as a ranger.
(c) The man driving the bulldozer.
(d) The two gray jeeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
2. What does the narrator remember from the previous night?
3. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
4. Who is David Long Eagle?
5. Where does the narrator travel?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)