|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
(a) She is Charlene's spiritual guide.
(b) She is a reincarnated Native American.
(c) She is the reincarnation of his sister.
(d) She is one of the group of seven.
2. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Probably Long Eagle.
(b) Lost Two Horse.
(c) Probably Charlene.
3. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The nature of love.
(b) The way through the void.
(c) The way around time.
(d) The nature of existence.
4. Who is Wil?
(a) One of the rangers.
(b) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(c) The narrator's friend.
(d) A man who is with Charlene.
5. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) A member of the relocation committee.
(b) An angel.
(c) Charlene's friend.
(d) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
6. Who is the dreaming person?
(c) The narrator.
7. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
(a) A spiritual World Vision.
(b) New forms of energy.
(c) How to love.
(d) Peace on earth.
8. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To find Charlene.
(b) To the Experiment.
(c) To the cave.
(d) To find Wil.
9. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
(a) A rebellion.
(b) An experiment.
(c) A paramilitary group.
(d) An effort to repopulate the area with grey wolves.
10. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
(b) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
(c) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
(d) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
11. Where are Wil and the narrator?
(a) In a place of nightmares.
(b) On holy ground.
(c) In purgatory.
(d) In a place of dreams.
12. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
(a) The coo of a pigeon.
(b) The sound of crying.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) The screech of an owl.
13. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(b) Long Eagle.
14. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
15. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man dressed as a ranger.
(b) The man driving the bulldozer.
(c) The lumberjack.
(d) The two gray jeeps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
2. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
3. What is the narrator's quest?
4. What does Wil say are the images of the dreamer?
5. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)