|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(b) By humming a mantra.
(c) By taking aspirin.
(d) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
2. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) Owning slaves.
(b) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(c) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(d) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
3. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A ball of light.
(b) A group of entities.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) A white cloud.
4. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
(b) To request a helicopter evacuation.
(c) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
(d) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
5. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
6. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
(a) Through gateways in the valley.
(b) By peyote.
(c) Through transcendental meditation.
(d) By quantum physics.
7. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) What the twelth insight is.
(b) Why he is looking for Charlene.
(c) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
(d) What he learns in Peru.
8. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
(a) Trust his instincts.
(b) Leave and go home.
(c) Travel back to Peru.
(d) Find a way into the farthest gateway.
9. What does Wil say are the images of the dreamer?
(a) Of a time in the distant future.
(b) Of a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
(c) Of a war the dreamer could and should have prevented.
(d) Of a new race of beings.
10. Why does Lipscomb leave?
(a) He is afraid of the men in the jeeps.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) His desire to do so becomes more urgent.
(d) He is afraid of the lumberjack.
11. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The death of his grandmother.
(b) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(c) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(d) His divorce.
12. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man dressed as a ranger.
(b) The two gray jeeps.
(c) The man driving the bulldozer.
(d) The lumberjack.
13. Where are Wil and the narrator?
(a) On holy ground.
(b) In purgatory.
(c) In a place of dreams.
(d) In a place of nightmares.
14. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Sneaks into the valley.
(c) Books a flight to Peru.
(d) Looks for the gateway on his map.
15. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
2. What do Will and the narrator hear?
3. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
4. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
5. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)