|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the narrator not understand?
(a) The way the cloud keeps changing colors.
(b) The words the dreamer is saying.
(c) The images of the dreaming person's dream.
(d) The words the angels are singing.
2. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
(a) He steps through a further dimension.
(b) He is jerked back into the physical world.
(c) He dies an imaginary death.
(d) He begins to dream.
3. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
(a) Self sacrifice.
(b) Social/legal/political corruption and self interest.
4. Who is Feyman?
(a) A mystic from Russia.
(b) A shamen from a South American tribe.
(c) Someone who has been in the company of Charlene.
(d) A mystic from Germany.
5. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
(b) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
(c) The Native American woman he wrongs.
(d) The incarnation of the large white man.
6. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(d) Concern for the earth.
7. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The way through the void.
(b) The nature of existence.
(c) The nature of love.
(d) The way around time.
8. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) An angel.
(b) Charlene's friend.
(c) A member of the relocation committee.
(d) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
9. Where does the narrator go?
(a) To town.
(b) To a cave.
(c) A different plane of energy.
(d) Back to his camp.
10. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
(b) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(c) She is an avatar.
(d) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
11. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(b) Lack of desire.
12. With whom does Webber say he worked who the narrator knows?
13. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
(a) The judgment of the tribes of Israel.
(b) The judgment of the Human Race.
(c) The establishment of a new social order.
(d) The end times.
14. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
(a) She is a reincarnated Native American.
(b) She is the reincarnation of his sister.
(c) She is Charlene's spiritual guide.
(d) She is one of the group of seven.
15. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(b) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(c) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(d) A dissonant sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
2. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
3. What pushes the narrator out of the other dimension?
4. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
5. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)