|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next dreaming soul?
2. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
(a) Someone the narrator has not seen in twenty years.
(b) A man who is wandering in circles.
(c) A man the narrator encounters.
(d) Another one of the group of seven.
3. How does Webber feel about some of his previous work?
4. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) The way through the last gateway.
(b) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(c) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(d) The way to Shambala.
5. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(d) Concern for the earth.
6. What does the narrator tell the person he encounters?
(a) The story of what happens to the narrator the day before.
(b) A lie in order to get rid of the person.
(c) An allegory about his dream.
(d) A joke Maya tells the narrator.
7. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(a) The devil.
8. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
(b) She is an avatar.
(c) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(d) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
9. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(c) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(d) The death of his grandmother.
10. What does Williams do in his last life?
(a) Finances an orphanage in Colombia.
(b) Shoots a man who becomes involved with his life.
(c) Develops new, corruptive technologies.
(d) Saves a young girl from drowning but drowns in the attempt.
11. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On his ex-wife's desk.
(b) On his grandmother's desk.
(c) On Charlene's desk.
(d) On his doctor's desk.
12. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
(b) Swollen and sore.
(c) Almost pain free.
(d) Painful but he can walk on it.
13. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
(a) The judgment of the tribes of Israel.
(b) The judgment of the Human Race.
(c) The establishment of a new social order.
(d) The end times.
14. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(a) The economy of the world.
(c) The Berlin Wall.
15. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
(a) In Ecuador.
(b) In Peru.
(c) In India.
(d) In Brazil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
2. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
3. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
4. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
5. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)