|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
2. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(b) Toxic gas.
(c) Tobacco smoke.
(d) A wet dog.
3. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A description of the end times.
(b) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
(c) A story about his life as a child.
(d) A description of Charlene.
4. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) Charlene's friend.
(b) An angel.
(c) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(d) A member of the relocation committee.
5. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
(a) The coo of a pigeon.
(b) The screech of an owl.
(c) The sound of crying.
(d) A dissonant sound.
6. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
(b) The Native American woman he wrongs.
(c) The incarnation of the large white man.
(d) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
7. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
(a) Maya says there is a cougar in the woods.
(b) Maya says a Park Ranger is coming.
(c) Maya says Feyman is coming.
(d) Maya says Feyman's guards are coming.
8. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
(a) She is the reincarnation of his sister.
(b) She is one of the group of seven.
(c) She is Charlene's spiritual guide.
(d) She is a reincarnated Native American.
9. What happened in the valley where the narrator is in past centuries?
(a) Countless gatherings of tribes to affirm peace.
(b) A migration of many tribes from their original homeland.
(c) A massacre of the Indians.
(d) Countless vision quests and other spiritual encounters.
10. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
11. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They want to take over the United States government.
(b) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(c) They are after him.
(d) They are responsible for an axis shift.
12. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
(a) Self sacrifice.
(d) Social/legal/political corruption and self interest.
13. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(a) The narrator.
14. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
(a) Swollen and sore.
(b) Almost pain free.
(d) Painful but he can walk on it.
15. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(b) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(c) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
(d) Because he doesn't like Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
2. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
3. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
4. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
5. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)