Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) The death of his grandmother.
2. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A description of Charlene.
(b) A description of the end times.
(c) A story about his life as a child.
(d) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
3. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(c) Long Eagle.
4. Why does the narrator stay behind?
(a) To look for Charlene.
(b) To look for some of the grey wolves.
(c) To help the lumberjack who has cut himself.
(d) To stop the bulldozer.
5. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
(b) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
(c) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(d) His map was incorrect.
6. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(b) The narrator.
7. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
(b) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
(c) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
(d) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
8. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(b) Concern for the earth.
9. What does Williams do in his last life?
(a) Finances an orphanage in Colombia.
(b) Shoots a man who becomes involved with his life.
(c) Develops new, corruptive technologies.
(d) Saves a young girl from drowning but drowns in the attempt.
10. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The lumberjack.
(b) The two gray jeeps.
(c) The man dressed as a ranger.
(d) The man driving the bulldozer.
11. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(a) Lack of desire.
12. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) An angel.
(b) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(c) A member of the relocation committee.
(d) Charlene's friend.
13. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To India to seek enlightenment.
(c) To the location of the map.
(d) To the Gobi desert.
14. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
(a) They travel towards the West.
(b) They return to their physical bodies.
(c) They join with Wil and the narrator.
(d) They vanish.
15. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
(b) Dense fog.
(c) Sudden streaks of shadow.
(d) Pouring rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
2. What surrounds the dreaming person?
3. Who is Wil?
4. What past life experience does Williams experience?
5. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)