|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
(a) Another one of the group of seven.
(b) Someone the narrator has not seen in twenty years.
(c) A man the narrator encounters.
(d) A man who is wandering in circles.
2. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To the location of the map.
(c) To the Gobi desert.
(d) To India to seek enlightenment.
3. Who is the dreaming person?
(b) The narrator.
4. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) What he learns in Peru.
(b) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
(c) What the twelth insight is.
(d) Why he is looking for Charlene.
5. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
(a) The twelth insight.
(b) The tenth insight.
(c) The ninth insight.
(d) Tthe symbolic meaning of the Holy Grail.
6. What does the narrator remember from the previous night?
(a) A strange man visiting his camp.
(b) Taking a couple aspirin and then falling asleep.
(c) Some kind of drugged smoke coming from his camp fire.
(d) A dream.
7. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
(a) In Peru.
(b) In India.
(c) In Ecuador.
(d) In Brazil.
8. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(b) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(c) Owning slaves.
(d) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
9. Why does Lipscomb leave?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He is afraid of the lumberjack.
(c) He is afraid of the men in the jeeps.
(d) His desire to do so becomes more urgent.
10. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(c) Long Eagle.
11. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Sneaks into the valley.
(c) Looks for the gateway on his map.
(d) Books a flight to Peru.
12. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) In the direction of the cave.
(b) In the direction of the hum.
(c) Towards the park entrance.
(d) Towards the waterfall.
13. What does the narrator occasionally hear?
(a) The sound of crying.
(b) A dissonant sound.
(c) The screech of an owl.
(d) The coo of a pigeon.
14. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Sudden streaks of shadow.
(b) Pouring rain.
(c) Dense fog.
(d) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
15. Who is David Long Eagle?
(a) An Apache medicine man.
(b) A man with whom the narrator begins a conversation.
(c) A Pueblo medicine man.
(d) A shamen in the Painted Desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
2. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
3. Where is the narrator standing?
4. Who does the narrator encounter where he goes?
5. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)