|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) The way to Shambala.
(b) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(c) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(d) The way through the last gateway.
2. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They are after him.
(b) They want to take over the United States government.
(c) They are responsible for an axis shift.
(d) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
3. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The nature of existence.
(b) The way around time.
(c) The way through the void.
(d) The nature of love.
4. Why were the narrator and Webber able to escape an earthquake without injury?
(a) Will warned them.
(b) An earthquake warning blast was heard.
(c) Webber intuitively felt it coming.
(d) The narrator knew it was going to happen.
5. Who is the next dreaming soul?
6. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(b) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(c) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(d) A dissonant sound.
7. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(a) Hawks screaming.
(b) Indians chanting.
(d) Dissonant sounds.
8. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Lost Two Horse.
(b) Probably Long Eagle.
(d) Probably Charlene.
9. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
(b) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
(c) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
(d) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
10. What is a corporation attempting to do?
(a) Send the narrator back to Peru.
(b) Hire the narrator to do some surveying.
(c) Buy the valley.
(d) Hire Long Eagle as a guide.
11. Why does Lipscomb leave?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He is afraid of the lumberjack.
(c) His desire to do so becomes more urgent.
(d) He is afraid of the men in the jeeps.
12. What does Webber intend to do to the Experiment?
(a) Blow it up with dynamite.
(b) Cut the electricity off from it.
(c) Set it on fire.
(d) Report it to the government.
13. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
(a) That she already knows it.
(d) With anger and resistance.
14. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A gopher.
(d) A scorpion.
15. Who does the narrator encounter where he goes?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
2. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
3. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
4. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
5. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)