|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Wil and the narrator?
(a) In a place of nightmares.
(b) In a place of dreams.
(c) In purgatory.
(d) On holy ground.
2. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(b) Concern for the earth.
3. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(b) His map was incorrect.
(c) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
(d) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
4. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(b) As more solid.
(c) As intermingled.
(d) As intermittent waves.
5. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man driving the bulldozer.
(b) The two gray jeeps.
(c) The lumberjack.
(d) The man dressed as a ranger.
6. Where is the narrator standing?
(a) On the edge of a wide, deep valley near Mount Fuji.
(b) On the edge of a wide, deep Himalayan valley
(c) On the edge of a wide, deep Sierra Nevada valley
(d) On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
7. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A sense of peace.
(b) A moment of panic.
(c) A chance to go back.
(d) A life review.
8. What does Wil say are the images of the dreamer?
(a) Of a time in the distant future.
(b) Of a new race of beings.
(c) Of a war the dreamer could and should have prevented.
(d) Of a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
9. What does the narrator tell the person he encounters?
(a) A joke Maya tells the narrator.
(b) An allegory about his dream.
(c) The story of what happens to the narrator the day before.
(d) A lie in order to get rid of the person.
10. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
(a) Maya says there is a cougar in the woods.
(b) Maya says Feyman's guards are coming.
(c) Maya says a Park Ranger is coming.
(d) Maya says Feyman is coming.
11. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) Towards the waterfall.
(b) Towards the park entrance.
(c) In the direction of the hum.
(d) In the direction of the cave.
12. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
(a) It is broken and not sprained and Maya is probably not a doctor.
(b) It wasn't that injured to begin with.
(c) It would have been this good whether Maya had treated it or not.
(d) He doesn't really think about his ankle.
13. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A group of entities.
(b) A ball of light.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) A white cloud.
14. Who is Feyman?
(a) A shamen from a South American tribe.
(b) A mystic from Germany.
(c) Someone who has been in the company of Charlene.
(d) A mystic from Russia.
15. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) What he learns in Peru.
(b) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
(c) What the twelth insight is.
(d) Why he is looking for Charlene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
2. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
4. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
5. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)