|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(b) Owning slaves.
(c) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(d) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
2. Why does Lipscomb leave?
(a) He is afraid of the men in the jeeps.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is afraid of the lumberjack.
(d) His desire to do so becomes more urgent.
3. Who is Wil?
(a) One of the rangers.
(b) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(c) A man who is with Charlene.
(d) The narrator's friend.
4. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(c) Long Eagle.
5. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
6. Who is the next dreaming soul?
7. Who is Feyman?
(a) A mystic from Germany.
(b) A mystic from Russia.
(c) Someone who has been in the company of Charlene.
(d) A shamen from a South American tribe.
8. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(b) His divorce.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) The death of his grandmother.
9. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Looks for the gateway on his map.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Books a flight to Peru.
(d) Sneaks into the valley.
10. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) His map was incorrect.
(b) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(c) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
(d) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
11. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A snake.
(b) A gopher.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A rabbit.
12. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A moment of panic.
(b) A chance to go back.
(c) A sense of peace.
(d) A life review.
13. What does Webber intend to do to the Experiment?
(a) Set it on fire.
(b) Blow it up with dynamite.
(c) Report it to the government.
(d) Cut the electricity off from it.
14. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As intermittent waves.
(b) As more solid.
(c) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(d) As intermingled.
15. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His roommate from college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator travel?
2. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
3. How does Webber feel about some of his previous work?
4. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
5. Why were the narrator and Webber able to escape an earthquake without injury?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)