|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(b) Because he doesn't like Indians.
(c) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(d) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
2. Why does the narrator stay behind?
(a) To help the lumberjack who has cut himself.
(b) To stop the bulldozer.
(c) To look for Charlene.
(d) To look for some of the grey wolves.
3. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
4. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
(b) That she already knows it.
(c) With anger and resistance.
5. Who is Wil?
(a) One of the rangers.
(b) The narrator's friend.
(c) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(d) A man who is with Charlene.
6. What does Williams do in his last life?
(a) Develops new, corruptive technologies.
(b) Finances an orphanage in Colombia.
(c) Shoots a man who becomes involved with his life.
(d) Saves a young girl from drowning but drowns in the attempt.
7. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) An angel.
(b) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(c) Charlene's friend.
(d) A member of the relocation committee.
8. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(a) Dissonant sounds.
(b) Hawks screaming.
(d) Indians chanting.
9. What is the narrator's quest?
(a) For the twelth insight.
(b) For the Holy Grail.
(c) For the sixth sense.
(d) For the tenth insight.
10. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
(b) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(c) By humming a mantra.
(d) By taking aspirin.
11. What kind of work does Webber do?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a priest.
(c) He's a medicine man.
(d) He's a scientist.
12. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
(a) Tthe symbolic meaning of the Holy Grail.
(b) The tenth insight.
(c) The ninth insight.
(d) The twelth insight.
13. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They are responsible for an axis shift.
(b) They are after him.
(c) They want to take over the United States government.
(d) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
14. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(b) Owning slaves.
(c) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
(d) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
15. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A story about his life as a child.
(b) A description of Charlene.
(c) A description of the end times.
(d) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
2. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
3. Why does Lipscomb leave?
4. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
5. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)