|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They want to take over the United States government.
(b) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(c) They are responsible for an axis shift.
(d) They are after him.
2. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To India to seek enlightenment.
(c) To the Gobi desert.
(d) To the location of the map.
3. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(a) Concern for the earth.
4. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A life review.
(b) A moment of panic.
(c) A sense of peace.
(d) A chance to go back.
5. Why were the narrator and Webber able to escape an earthquake without injury?
(a) Will warned them.
(b) Webber intuitively felt it coming.
(c) An earthquake warning blast was heard.
(d) The narrator knew it was going to happen.
6. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He was gravely injured.
(b) He left with the narrator's wife.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He was arrested.
7. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
(a) He is jerked back into the physical world.
(b) He dies an imaginary death.
(c) He steps through a further dimension.
(d) He begins to dream.
8. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) A map.
(b) A hologram.
(c) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(d) A coded message.
9. What can the narrator not understand?
(a) The images of the dreaming person's dream.
(b) The words the angels are singing.
(c) The words the dreamer is saying.
(d) The way the cloud keeps changing colors.
10. How does Webber feel about some of his previous work?
11. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A gopher.
12. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His roommate from college.
13. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(a) The economy of the world.
(c) The Berlin Wall.
14. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To find Wil.
(b) To the cave.
(c) To the Experiment.
(d) To find Charlene.
15. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
(b) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(c) She is an avatar.
(d) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator remember from the previous night?
2. What does the narrator tell the person he encounters?
3. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
4. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
5. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)