|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To India to seek enlightenment.
(b) To the Gobi desert.
(c) To the location of the map.
(d) To Nepal.
2. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(c) Lack of desire.
3. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(a) Toxic gas.
(b) Tobacco smoke.
(c) A wet dog.
4. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Probably Charlene.
(b) Lost Two Horse.
(c) Probably Long Eagle.
5. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Dense fog.
(b) Pouring rain.
(c) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
(d) Sudden streaks of shadow.
6. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
(a) Begins to learn from him.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Sits down and thinks about it.
7. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
8. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A gopher.
9. What is a supportive and like-spirited group of entities who guide and support earth souls as they dream?
(a) Dream keepers.
(b) Angel wing.
(c) Karmic group.
(d) Soul group.
10. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As more solid.
(b) As intermittent waves.
(c) As intermingled.
(d) As luminescent and filled with energy.
11. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Books a flight to Peru.
(b) Sneaks into the valley.
(c) Looks for the gateway on his map.
(d) Goes home.
12. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(b) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(c) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(d) A dissonant sound.
13. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
(a) He begins to dream.
(b) He steps through a further dimension.
(c) He is jerked back into the physical world.
(d) He dies an imaginary death.
14. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) They are after him.
(b) They want to take over the United States government.
(c) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(d) They are responsible for an axis shift.
15. What pushes the narrator out of the other dimension?
(b) The Ranger.
(d) A burst of sound and energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
2. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
3. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
4. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
5. Why does the narrator stay behind?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)