|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(b) Because he doesn't like Indians.
(c) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(d) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
2. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He left with the narrator's wife.
(b) He was gravely injured.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He disappears.
3. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Books a flight to Peru.
(b) Goes home.
(c) Looks for the gateway on his map.
(d) Sneaks into the valley.
4. Where does the narrator go when he and Webber part company?
(a) To find Wil.
(b) To find Charlene.
(c) To the Experiment.
(d) To the cave.
5. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The lumberjack.
(b) The man driving the bulldozer.
(c) The man dressed as a ranger.
(d) The two gray jeeps.
6. What does Maya do after the narrator tells her what he thinks about her?
(a) Slaps him in the face.
(b) Sits down and thinks about it.
(d) Begins to learn from him.
7. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
(a) The establishment of a new social order.
(b) The end times.
(c) The judgment of the Human Race.
(d) The judgment of the tribes of Israel.
8. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
(a) Find a way into the farthest gateway.
(b) Trust his instincts.
(c) Leave and go home.
(d) Travel back to Peru.
9. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(d) Long Eagle.
10. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) In the direction of the cave.
(b) Towards the park entrance.
(c) Towards the waterfall.
(d) In the direction of the hum.
11. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(c) Recovering from his latest sudden journey from the realm of energy.
(d) Talking to Wil.
12. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(b) Dissonant sounds.
(c) Indians chanting.
(d) Hawks screaming.
13. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
(b) The Native American woman he wrongs.
(c) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
(d) The incarnation of the large white man.
14. How does Webber feel about some of his previous work?
15. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The way around time.
(b) The nature of love.
(c) The nature of existence.
(d) The way through the void.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joel describe in great detail?
2. What past life experience does Williams experience?
3. Who is the next dreaming soul?
4. What is a supportive and like-spirited group of entities who guide and support earth souls as they dream?
5. What happens to the narrator at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)