|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
(a) New forms of energy.
(b) How to love.
(c) A spiritual World Vision.
(d) Peace on earth.
2. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
(a) Find a way into the farthest gateway.
(b) Trust his instincts.
(c) Leave and go home.
(d) Travel back to Peru.
3. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(b) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(c) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
(d) Owning slaves.
4. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(b) The narrator.
5. What does the narrator tell the person he encounters?
(a) A joke Maya tells the narrator.
(b) A lie in order to get rid of the person.
(c) The story of what happens to the narrator the day before.
(d) An allegory about his dream.
6. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(b) A hologram.
(c) A map.
(d) A coded message.
7. Who is David Long Eagle?
(a) An Apache medicine man.
(b) A shamen in the Painted Desert.
(c) A man with whom the narrator begins a conversation.
(d) A Pueblo medicine man.
8. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As intermittent waves.
(b) As intermingled.
(c) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(d) As more solid.
9. What has happened to the man Wil and the narrator see who seems lost?
(a) His map was incorrect.
(b) He has recently died as the result of a massive heart attack.
(c) He entered the incorrect plane for his level of knowledge.
(d) He entered the plane too soon without enough insights.
10. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A sense of peace.
(b) A chance to go back.
(c) A moment of panic.
(d) A life review.
11. What is the nature of Joel's attitude towards spirituality?
12. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
(b) Long Eagle.
13. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(b) By taking aspirin.
(c) By humming a mantra.
(d) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
14. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
(b) Dense fog.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Sudden streaks of shadow.
15. What is a corporation attempting to do?
(a) Hire Long Eagle as a guide.
(b) Hire the narrator to do some surveying.
(c) Send the narrator back to Peru.
(d) Buy the valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator standing?
2. Where does the narrator wash the next morning?
3. Where are Wil and the narrator?
4. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
5. What do Will and the narrator hear?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)