|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
(b) Owning slaves.
(c) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
(d) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
2. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) Charlene's friend.
(b) A member of the relocation committee.
(c) An angel.
(d) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
3. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(d) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
4. What pushes the narrator out of the other dimension?
(a) The Ranger.
(b) A burst of sound and energy.
5. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(d) The devil.
6. What does the narrator say motivates the corporations?
(b) Concern for the earth.
7. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(a) The economy of the world.
(b) The Berlin Wall.
8. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A group of angels.
(b) A white cloud.
(c) A group of entities.
(d) A ball of light.
9. Where does the narrator go?
(a) To town.
(b) To a cave.
(c) A different plane of energy.
(d) Back to his camp.
10. What can the narrator not understand?
(a) The words the dreamer is saying.
(b) The images of the dreaming person's dream.
(c) The words the angels are singing.
(d) The way the cloud keeps changing colors.
11. What does Webber say about multinational corporations?
(a) There are some who are experimenting with cheap forms of energy.
(b) They are after him.
(c) They want to take over the United States government.
(d) They are responsible for an axis shift.
12. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
(a) How to love.
(b) A spiritual World Vision.
(c) Peace on earth.
(d) New forms of energy.
13. What is a corporation attempting to do?
(a) Send the narrator back to Peru.
(b) Buy the valley.
(c) Hire Long Eagle as a guide.
(d) Hire the narrator to do some surveying.
14. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) Towards the waterfall.
(b) In the direction of the cave.
(c) Towards the park entrance.
(d) In the direction of the hum.
15. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(b) A hologram.
(c) A coded message.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
2. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
3. How does Maya react to the narrator's comment about her?
4. How does the narrator's ankle feel?
5. Who is Wil?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)