|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A sense of peace.
(b) A moment of panic.
(c) A life review.
(d) A chance to go back.
2. In what direction does the narrator walk after his encounter with Maya?
(a) In the direction of the cave.
(b) In the direction of the hum.
(c) Towards the waterfall.
(d) Towards the park entrance.
3. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
(a) An experiment.
(b) An effort to repopulate the area with grey wolves.
(c) A paramilitary group.
(d) A rebellion.
4. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To request a helicopter evacuation.
(b) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
(c) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
(d) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
5. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
(a) The incarnation of the large white man.
(b) No one since he isn't ready yet for that encounter.
(c) The Native American woman he wrongs.
(d) The incarnation of the man he refuses to forgive.
6. What does the narrator remember from the previous night?
(a) Taking a couple aspirin and then falling asleep.
(b) A strange man visiting his camp.
(c) A dream.
(d) Some kind of drugged smoke coming from his camp fire.
7. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
(b) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(c) Because he doesn't like Indians.
(d) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
8. What is a corporation attempting to do?
(a) Hire the narrator to do some surveying.
(b) Send the narrator back to Peru.
(c) Hire Long Eagle as a guide.
(d) Buy the valley.
9. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
(a) His ex-wife.
(d) His roommate from college.
10. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(b) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
11. What does the narrator say he and Webber are pursuing?
(a) How to love.
(b) A spiritual World Vision.
(c) New forms of energy.
(d) Peace on earth.
12. What do Will and the narrator hear?
(b) Dissonant sounds.
(c) Indians chanting.
(d) Hawks screaming.
13. What is the dream about?
(a) A means of traveling through vast areas of space.
(b) A reliving of a Birth Vision.
(c) Neither Wil nor the narrator can see the images of this dreamer.
(d) A visit with God.
14. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
(a) They return to their physical bodies.
(b) They vanish.
(c) They join with Wil and the narrator.
(d) They travel towards the West.
15. Where does the narrator go?
(a) Back to his camp.
(b) To a cave.
(c) A different plane of energy.
(d) To town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next dreaming soul?
2. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
3. What can the narrator not understand?
4. What does Webber intend to do to the Experiment?
5. Who do the narrator and Webber think might have helped him?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)