Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where is the narrator standing?
On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
3. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
On Charlene's desk.
4. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
5. Where does the narrator travel?
To the location of the map.
This section contains 5,239 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)