|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(b) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(c) The death of his grandmother.
(d) His divorce.
3. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A gopher.
(d) A scorpion.
4. What past life experience does Williams experience?
(a) Saving people when Krakatoa is exploding.
(b) Killing his brother to gain all the estate from his father.
(c) Owning slaves.
(d) One in which he enables a battle between white colonists and natives.
5. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He left with the narrator's wife.
(b) He was gravely injured.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
2. Who is the next dreaming soul?
3. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
4. Where does the narrator wash the next morning?
5. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)