|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe about Maya?
(a) She is an avatar.
(b) She is a reincarnation of St. Theresa.
(c) Maya is the reincarnation of the woman who tried to make peace between the whites and natives in Williams' dream.
(d) She lives in several dimensions at the same time.
2. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(c) The Berlin Wall.
(d) The economy of the world.
3. What is the narrator doing when Maya finds him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Talking to Wil.
(b) Recovering from his latest sudden journey from the realm of energy.
4. Why were the narrator and Webber able to escape an earthquake without injury?
(a) The narrator knew it was going to happen.
(b) Will warned them.
(c) An earthquake warning blast was heard.
(d) Webber intuitively felt it coming.
5. What do Webber and the narrator smell suddenly?
(a) Tobacco smoke.
(c) A wet dog.
(d) Toxic gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
2. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
3. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
4. What does the narrator rationalize about his ankle?
5. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)