|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(c) Lack of desire.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) His divorce.
(d) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
3. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
(a) The narrator.
4. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By taking aspirin.
(b) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
(c) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(d) By humming a mantra.
5. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
(a) The Berlin Wall.
(c) The economy of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dream about?
2. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
3. Why does Lipscomb leave?
4. Why do Maya and the narrator hide?
5. What does the narrator suggest to Maya about who she is?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)