|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
(a) A rebellion.
(b) An experiment.
(c) A paramilitary group.
(d) An effort to repopulate the area with grey wolves.
2. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(b) The way through the last gateway.
(c) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(d) The way to Shambala.
3. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By humming a mantra.
(b) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(c) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
(d) By taking aspirin.
4. What pushes the narrator out of the other dimension?
(a) A burst of sound and energy.
(c) The Ranger.
5. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) An angel.
(b) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(c) A member of the relocation committee.
(d) Charlene's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the narrator not understand?
2. What is the dream about?
3. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
4. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
5. Who does the narrator encounter where he goes?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)