|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because he doesn't like Indians.
(b) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(c) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
(d) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
2. What does Joel describe in great detail?
(a) A description of the end times.
(b) A description of Charlene.
(c) A story about his dad's devotion to the natives of South America.
(d) A story about his life as a child.
3. Where does the narrator wash the next morning?
(a) A nearby stream.
(b) A mineral hot springs.
(c) In a clear, pristine lake.
(d) Under a waterfall.
4. Who is Wil?
(a) One of the rangers.
(b) A man who is with Charlene.
(c) The narrator's friend.
(d) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
5. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) A coded message.
(b) A hologram.
(c) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
2. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
3. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
4. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
5. What happens to Williams and the other souls?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)