|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(b) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
(c) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(d) Because he doesn't like Indians.
2. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A ball of light.
(b) A group of angels.
(c) A group of entities.
(d) A white cloud.
3. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
4. Who is the dreaming person?
(b) The narrator.
5. Where is the narrator standing?
(a) On the edge of a wide, deep valley near Mount Fuji.
(b) On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
(c) On the edge of a wide, deep Himalayan valley
(d) On the edge of a wide, deep Sierra Nevada valley
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Wil and the narrator?
2. Why does the narrator stay behind?
3. What does John Donald Williams experience?
4. With whom has the narrator been renewing his acquaintance since returning from Peru?
5. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)