|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(b) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
2. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By humming a mantra.
(b) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(c) By taking aspirin.
(d) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
3. What is the narrator's quest?
(a) For the tenth insight.
(b) For the twelth insight.
(c) For the sixth sense.
(d) For the Holy Grail.
4. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(b) Lack of desire.
5. What surrounds the dreaming person?
(a) A white cloud.
(b) A group of entities.
(c) A group of angels.
(d) A ball of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose dream has Maya appeared?
2. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
3. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
4. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
5. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)