|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams do in his last life?
(a) Shoots a man who becomes involved with his life.
(b) Develops new, corruptive technologies.
(c) Saves a young girl from drowning but drowns in the attempt.
(d) Finances an orphanage in Colombia.
2. What seems to be blocking Long Eagle from the insight he is seeking?
3. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(b) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(c) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(d) A dissonant sound.
4. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By taking aspirin.
(b) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(c) By humming a mantra.
(d) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
5. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(b) As more solid.
(c) As intermingled.
(d) As intermittent waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lipscomb leave?
2. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
3. Who is Maya Ponder?
4. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
5. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)