|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
(a) Find a way into the farthest gateway.
(b) Trust his instincts.
(c) Travel back to Peru.
(d) Leave and go home.
2. What do Wil and the narrator experience?
(a) Sudden streaks of shadow.
(b) Sudden streaks of rainbows.
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Dense fog.
3. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man dressed as a ranger.
(b) The lumberjack.
(c) The two gray jeeps.
(d) The man driving the bulldozer.
4. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(b) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(c) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(d) A dissonant sound.
5. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
(a) What the twelth insight is.
(b) Everything he experienced with Wil in the other dimension.
(c) Why he is looking for Charlene.
(d) What he learns in Peru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
2. Of what has Wil discovered some awareness?
3. What do Will and the narrator hear?
4. How does Long Eagle think he may connect with other dimensions?
5. What does John Donald Williams experience?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)