|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) An angel.
(b) Charlene's friend.
(c) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(d) A member of the relocation committee.
2. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(b) Lack of desire.
3. Why does Lipscomb leave?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He is afraid of the lumberjack.
(c) He is afraid of the men in the jeeps.
(d) His desire to do so becomes more urgent.
4. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He left with the narrator's wife.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He was gravely injured.
5. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) His divorce.
(d) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will and the narrator hear?
2. Where has the narrator seen Wil before?
3. What is one animal that "leads" the narrator?
4. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
5. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)