|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The man dressed as a ranger.
(b) The man driving the bulldozer.
(c) The two gray jeeps.
(d) The lumberjack.
2. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(b) The devil.
3. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He left with the narrator's wife.
(d) He was gravely injured.
4. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(b) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
5. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(b) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(c) Because he doesn't like Indians.
(d) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
2. Who is Maya Ponder?
3. What pushes the narrator out of the other dimension?
4. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
5. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)