|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(b) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(c) The way to Shambala.
(d) The way through the last gateway.
2. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The two gray jeeps.
(b) The lumberjack.
(c) The man dressed as a ranger.
(d) The man driving the bulldozer.
3. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(c) Lack of desire.
4. Who is Wil?
(a) A man who is with Charlene.
(b) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(c) The narrator's friend.
(d) One of the rangers.
5. What does John Donald Williams experience?
(a) A chance to go back.
(b) A life review.
(c) A sense of peace.
(d) A moment of panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
2. What is the narrator's quest?
3. What happened to Wil the last time the narrator encountered him?
4. What happened in the valley where the narrator is in past centuries?
5. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)