|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wil?
(a) One of the rangers.
(b) A man who is with Charlene.
(c) A ghost of someone who dies in the valley a century earlier.
(d) The narrator's friend.
2. What is the group of seven supposed to repel?
(b) The devil.
3. How do Wil and the narrator experience themselves on a new plane of energy?
(a) As intermittent waves.
(b) As intermingled.
(c) As luminescent and filled with energy.
(d) As more solid.
4. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(b) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(c) A dissonant sound.
(d) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
5. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
(a) Because he thinks it'd be fun to go to war.
(b) Because of his inability to forgive the man a small transgression.
(c) Because of his reluctance to get into trouble with superior officers.
(d) Because he doesn't like Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
2. Who is without Forest Service identification?
3. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
4. What is Long Eagle's predominant emotion as he is speaking to the narrator?
5. What does Long Eagle say the narrator must do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)