|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(b) A map.
(c) A hologram.
(d) A coded message.
2. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Probably Charlene.
(c) Lost Two Horse.
(d) Probably Long Eagle.
3. What happened in the valley where the narrator is in past centuries?
(a) Countless gatherings of tribes to affirm peace.
(b) A massacre of the Indians.
(c) A migration of many tribes from their original homeland.
(d) Countless vision quests and other spiritual encounters.
4. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On his grandmother's desk.
(b) On Charlene's desk.
(c) On his doctor's desk.
(d) On his ex-wife's desk.
5. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(b) A dissonant sound.
(c) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(d) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
2. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
3. Who had Williams intended to meet in his most recent life?
4. Who is David Long Eagle?
5. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)